Mar. 19, Canucks vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

3 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

I'm not sure why anyone is blaming the Habs for this OT loss.  They played ok, Anderson got a breakaway, Drouin was breaking out to make it a 2-on-1, gets held, no call, Anderson misses, play goes back the other way and they get scored on.  There's 2 refs watching 6 players, absolutely zero excuse why the Drouin call wasn't called.  None.  Twice tonight an obvious, blatant call gets overlooked, twice the puck ends up in the Habs net. 

It's a game like this that should be used as evidence why penalties should be added to reasons to review a goal.

Because this is the NINTH time this season they couldn'tt score in O/T ... forget the refs ... TWO Habs (Tartar and Suzuki) got badly beaten for the winning on a play that should not have been truly menacing

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

No Byron is crazy talk. He must be used in all situations, highest priority 

I don't mind being crazy then. Highest priority is winning, not playing Byron.  He is a great skater, but is lucky to hit the boards never mind the net. Missed twice in last 5 min.

Good news: We have the least amount of regulation losses in the division.

Bad news: We have more overtime losses than regulation losses, and the same amount of overtime losses as 5 out of the 6 other teams’ overtime losses in the Canadian division.l combined.

Good news: We have many more games at home (16) than on the road (12) to close out the season.

Bad news: We are worse at home than on the road.

Just now, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

They can't be this bad in OT. Things will even out, it's kind of like the year they won 10 or 11 OT games in the playoffs, they weren't that good but got a little lucky. Their OT luck has to turn around. 

They've already had as many O/T games as they did in 71 games last season ... and one more than they had in 82 games in 2018/19 ... the luck that needs to turn around is winning in 60

1 minute ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

... Bad news: We are worse at home than on the road.

Its all the pressure the fans put on them ...

• Like 1

Well...I was kinda worried about this game. Wasn’t able to watch it, though. But that instinct seems to have been borne out.

The OT thing is just ridiculous. This is a team that does not believe it can win in OT.

The one consolation is that 3-on-3 OT is not real hockey. The fact this team is hard to beat in regulation bodes well for our chances in the playoffs...assuming we manage to get into the playoffs.

Good news: they are scoring late to force OT which is much more encouraging than last year.

Bad News: Leafs are leading the Division😛

At least we managed to get a breakaway in OT, although I didn't have much faith that Anderson would bury it.  So many errant shots down the stretch.    

We've become a joke in OT, and a coaching change hasn't seemed to have helped.  Why does Byron always start the extra period?  He's not the speed demon he used to be, and there are half a dozen more skilled forwards on the roster.  

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The fact this team is hard to beat in regulation bodes well for our chances in the playoffs...assuming we manage to get into the playoffs.

I'm less and less sure that this team can hold 4th place.  It's a crap shoot at this point...this team simply doesn't have enough high end talent to score enough goals to win more often than not.

4 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

I'm less and less sure that this team can hold 4th place.  It's a crap shoot at this point...this team simply doesn't have enough high end talent to score enough goals to win more often than not.

Well, if we were even half-decent in OT we’d have four extra points...and our opponents would have four less.

I don’t really blame the coach for player selection, although the continued reliance on Byron does seem odd given that it has failed over and over. To me, 3-on-3 is a mental problem for this group. They just need to break the goose-egg.

12 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Because this is the NINTH time this season they couldn'tt score in O/T ... forget the refs ... TWO Habs (Tartar and Suzuki) got badly beaten for the winning on a play that should not have been truly menacing

What you're saying is if someone gets in 8 car accidents it automatically makes the 9th their fault regardless of circumstances.

Canadiens Montréal on Twitter: "Dominique Ducharme répond en direct aux questions des médias. Dominique Ducharme is live taking questions from reporters. #GoHabsGo https://t.co/T3OBNpVYcf" / Twitter

No good answer about why Byron keeps starting O/T

Tap dances around why not starting with offensive players ... seems to assume they would lose the draw and waste energy defending

Some crap about O/T and 2nd period faceoffs being on the strong side for a leftie ... despite the opening O/T face-off being at centre ice.

Admits it may have become a mental issue.

20 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

And to make things even more frustrating, guess what the Habs are wearing tomorrow...

Wow, thanks for mentioning the game tomorrow.  I checked the schedule on TSN earlier and for some reason they don't have that game listed.  When I saw that I wondered why they played Van tonight and then Edm on Mon.  I figured they would play Van twice. 

1 minute ago, TurdBurglar said:

What you're saying is if someone gets in 8 car accidents it automatically makes the 9th their fault regardless of circumstances.

I am saying that it wasn't the refs that got beaten like a drum for at the winning goal .. it was Tartar and Suzuki ... making the loss the Hab's own fault, nobody else's 

1 minute ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Wow, thanks for mentioning the game tomorrow.  I checked the schedule on TSN earlier and for some reason they don't have that game listed.  When I saw that I wondered why they played Van tonight and then Edm on Mon.  I figured they would play Van twice. 

Sportsnet1 HNIC game

2 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I am saying that it wasn't the refs that got beaten like a drum for at the winning goal .. it was Tartar and Suzuki ... making the loss the Hab's own fault, nobody else's 

If the penalty is called as is should of been, the play would of never gone the other way giving Suzuki and Tatar a chance to be beat.  If the PP happened, as it should of, and the same play unfolded, we wouldn't be here discussing this.  You are mad that the Habs ####ed up.  I am mad the refs ####ed up, TWICE.  I can begrudgingly accept once, but it happened TWICE.  I can 100% guarantee you that if the sweaters were reversed, the Habs would of been called for both of those.

9 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

If the penalty is called as is should of been, the play would of never gone the other way giving Suzuki and Tatar a chance to be beat.  If the PP happened, as it should of, and the same play unfolded, we wouldn't be here discussing this.  You are mad that the Habs ####ed up.  I am mad the refs ####ed up, TWICE.  I can begrudgingly accept once, but it happened TWICE.  I can 100% guarantee you that if the sweaters were reversed, the Habs would of been called for both of those.

If the penalty is called the Canucks might have gotten a shorthanded breakaway, the Habs might have accidentally scored in their own net ... that is the thing about maybes, they don't always go the way we hope ... besides, I went back to look at the O/T and the only possible missed penalty I could find was more Drouin interfering with Vancouver guys trying to chase Anderson than any penalty by Vancouver.

Even if it was a penalty, blaming the refs takes the Habs off the hook for their ACTUAL play in O/T 

We played very poor for stretches of the game. We are fortunate to get a point. 

The OT was a joke again because we seem to want to tie and try in the shootout. 

Ive made peace that this team is nowhere near the juggernaut I thought we were. 

I like Don’s stat that we have 3 more wins than Ottawa...yeah we aren’t very good. 

9 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Good news: We have the least amount of regulation losses in the division.

Bad news: We have more overtime losses than regulation losses, and the same amount of overtime losses as 5 out of the 6 other teams’ overtime losses in the Canadian division.l combined.

Good news: We have many more games at home (16) than on the road (12) to close out the season.

Bad news: We are worse at home than on the road.

Good news, we do not finish playoff games with a shinny match followed by a skills competition. 3 on 3 is not hockey. It is a joke for the American fan base who hates ties

Good news, if we get  in the playoffs we wont have home ice advantage

Good news, team has shown twice in a row we can score under pressure when we are desperate.

Bad news, we are getting desperate because the teams chasing us are closing the gap

2 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

The OT was a joke again because we seem to want to tie and try in the shootout. 

Agreed fully OT is a complete joke. 3 on 3 is not hockey. Even if both teams have 2 in the box it is 4 on 4. that is how hockey is played. This is a dumb way to finish games and hopefully goes away in the future, aka post Bettman. I have hated it since it was brought in. 1pnt each for a tie is regular season hockey. Anything else is Bettman's Broomball

Have you done the math to see where we sit if the other teams dont get that extra point for OT and both got one? Sitting pretty good.

Bettman is destroying hockey, one rule at a time. Making it his game, not Hockey

Maybe Bettman will next change it so no slap shots are allowed because people get hurt. He is the epitome of what is wrong with the game. We had the best, fastest, hardest hitting, toughest sport in the world, even tougher than Aussie Football. It was perfectly fine as is......Then Bettman....... What a wimp. IMHO. Yes people were getting injured, but I knew that risk at 7 years old when I played my first season, goalie with a Ed Giacomin mask and cotton arm and chest pads. Kids hit and fought, some got hurt. But we all survived it. It was hockey and wasnt meant for everyone but we who played did not want it changed.

OT in regular season, I couldnt care less what happens. 3 on 3 is not hockey, it is shinny when not enough people show up. Man we even considered that too few for a street hockey game.

Call me a boomer if you must. Today's hockey is a watered down version played by figure skaters.