Mar. 20, Laval vs Stockton, 4 PM

dlbalr

It's game two of four in this set between the Rocket and Heat.  Laval took the first game with Ryan Poehling scoring in OT to pick up the extra point.

lav17_200-150x150.png

Harvey-Pinard - Weal - Ylonen
Baddock - Vejdemo - Belzile
Blandisi - Poehling - Teasdale
Pezzetta - Mysak - Hawel

Schueneman - Leskinen
Bisson - Fleury
Brisebois - Brook

McNiven

stk18_200-150x150.png

(Lines are from last game)

Pettersen - Ruzicka - Phillips
Kirkland - Gawdin - Philp
Pospisil - Froese - Zavgorodniy
Kerins - Simpson - Tuulola

Mackey - Stone
Lerby - Leslie
Hamilton - Yelesin

Domingue

Puck drop is at 4 PM.

• Upvote 1

I hope that Poehling stays in Laval and continous his upward trend

I hope Weal continues to play well and earns a recall in April (late season) or is traded for an interesting return, either way would get value out of him before hsi contract expires

Lookin gforward to a solid game by the three RDs

14 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I hope Weal continues to play well and earns a recall in April (late season) or is traded for an interesting return, either way would get value out of him before hsi contract expires

Montreal's cap situation means he won't be called up as they'd much rather use a cheaper option and save some extra cap space.  He'd be a Black Ace for the playoffs if they get that far (and the AHL playoff situation hasn't been determined) but I think that's the only way he's in Montreal this year.  As for a trade, his value is pretty much zero at this point unless they're taking someone more expensive in return.  Someone playing decently at the AHL level doesn't have a ton of trade value in general but someone making more than twice the league minimum isn't going to appealing to teams that are cap or budget-strapped.

27 minutes ago, DON said:

1-1 mid 1st.

Pinard (4) for Laval

Stockton scored on McNiven just 37 seconds after Harvey-Pinard's goal. Ouch!

Last-place Belleville beating third-place Marlies 3-1 early in the third.

48 minutes ago, DON said:

Heat must of made a push in the 3rd and got it to 4-3, but another win for the good guys.

See what happens when you bring out the banana early?  Laval coughs up two quick ones soon after.

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

Ylonen and Brook are doing great. 

Harvey-Pinard has also been impressive. 

The Lavalagher has been impressive for a 201st overall pick ... looks to possibly have NHL 4th line potential

14 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Vejdemo looks good, although only one assist in the last five games.

But, at this point, it's really hard for me to assess how well he would do as compared to Evans.

It might be as important to just light a fire under Evans who must feel fairly safe in his role given he has played 29 of 31 games and the option is to play without a true centre on the 4th line ... 

3 hours ago, GHT120 said:

It might be as important to just light a fire under Evans who must feel fairly safe in his role given he has played 29 of 31 games and the option is to play without a true centre on the 4th line ... 

Maybe yes. Also hard to know why Evans is struggling -- I would not have expected attitude issues, given that he was a seventh-round pick and has fought his way onto an NHL roster, but I really have no insight.

2 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Maybe yes. Also hard to know why Evans is struggling -- I would not have expected attitude issues, given that he was a seventh-round pick and has fought his way onto an NHL roster, but I really have no insight.

Wasn't suggesting attitude as much as human nature ... Evans has been having some difficult games which undoubtedly lowers his confidence but just knowing their is a real challenge to dressing might shake him out of it.

3 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Wasn't suggesting attitude as much as human nature ... Evans has been having some difficult games which undoubtedly lowers his confidence but just knowing their is a real challenge to dressing might shake him out of it.

Thanks, that makes sense.