(DTD: Toffoli)

Kulak - Petry

Edmundson - Weber

Mere - Romanov 

Price / (Allen)

I'll check for line changes closer the start of the game

Starting line up in bold

Edited by alfredoh2009
Toffoli out DTD, Lehkonen draws in causing Kotkaniemi and Suzuki to swap spots, Added Mete and highlighted starting lineup
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• alfredoh2009 changed the title to Mar. 20, Canucks vs Canadiens, 19h00 EDT

The team that barely scores loses Toffoli....just great.  If it's for any length of time, I think the odds of missing playoffs are greater than the odds of making them.  I found out that my area is moving to red covid zone yesterday at 5pm (gym closing on Monday), Habs lose yet again last night, and now this.  I'm dangerously close to needing antidepressants. 🙁 

4 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

The team that barely scores loses Toffoli....just great.  If it's for any length of time, I think the odds of missing playoffs are greater than the odds of making them.  I found out that my area is moving to red covid zone yesterday at 5pm (gym closing on Monday), Habs lose yet again last night, and now this.  I'm dangerously close to needing antidepressants. 🙁 

Now, now, we're actually 11th in the league in GF/game. I'm more concerned about our defensive foibles than our scoring (Toffoli injury notwithstanding).

P.S. At least you're not in GTA, it looks like it'll be another shutdown there.

28 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

No Toffoli (hurt, DTD) so Lehkonen is in.  Mete is in for Ouellet.  And a random Holtby stat:

Great. Our Canuck killer is out. At least Holtby has sucked from what I’ve seen of him - don’t know how he’s done lately.

10 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

My kids had the new variant outbreak in their school, so they are home for 14 days. But here in Calgary we are continuing to open things up.

1 minute ago, hab29RETIRED said:

My kids had the new variant outbreak in their school, so they are home for 14 days. But here in Calgary we are continuing to open things up.

Here we have a stupid goddamned amalgamated Health Unit that covers 3 counties.  The one county has rapidly rising numbers because it butts up against Ottawa....we barely have any cases here, so it really infuriates me that we are getting screwed over because of towns that are a 45+minute drive away!  I haven't experienced anger like this in many years....I feel like I need to do something about it.  Having visions of getting right up in my MPP's grill and demanding his office put pressure on the Health Unit to divide zones within, because this is completely ludicrous.

38 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

No Toffoli (hurt, DTD) so Lehkonen is in.  Mete is in for Ouellet.  And a random Holtby stat:

I'll update the lineups, was going with what is available from the NHL at https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-lineups-goalie-starters-fantasy-projections-injury-updates/c-278165828

41 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Smart changes for the back to back I think. 

Losing Toffoli really sucks 

We need a win or I think we might be on the wrong side of playoffs. Let’s hope Alfredo is a lucky charm

Thanks PMK, Let's hope for a win. I think that Montreal fan GIF maybe the lucky charm we needed, he makes me feel like dancing too.

47 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Great. Our Canuck killer is out. At least Holtby has sucked from what I’ve seen of him - don’t know how he’s done lately.

The fact that he hasn't played in nearly three weeks says that he really hasn't done anything lately...

Sarcasm aside, he has a 3.47 GAA with a .890 SV% since his last appearance against the Habs.

On the radio they are saying Mete is in for Ouellet

to me that is good news, since I like Mete. I do not know if it makes it more likely Habs win

1 minute ago, alfredoh2009 said:

On the radio they are saying Mete is in for Ouellet

to me that is good news, since I like Mete. I do not know if it makes it more likely Habs win

Hope Mete can play bit better than he has lately.

Nice shift by the Finnish line. I like seeing them together and actually wanted to see them together for some time now. It simply wasn’t possible with Lehkonen being out. Armia usually lifts his game when they are together.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DON said:

Hope Mete can play bit better than he has lately.

He was at the origin of the play that led to the penalty

1 minute ago, zumpano21 said:

I think Suzuki has found his shooting sweet spot

I’m sure there are a bunch, but off the top of my head I can’t think of many right handed shooters who have that location as their sweet spot!

I missed the 1st few mins but I saw Weber do the Edmunson thing and step up and check at the Van blue line.  I liked seeing that.  I've seen Edmundson do that numerous times  and I beleive Dom is trying to get the D to do that more.   There are definitely times where the big slow Dmen can step up and check/open ice hit. 

22 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

He was at the origin of the play that led to the penalty

He won a couple puck battles moved puck fine couple times and no glaring turnovers.