Mar. 20, Canucks vs Canadiens, 19h00 EDT

alfredoh2009

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

Didn't play well?

They dominated the game, and probably should have won earlier.  They more than doubled the Canucks shots.

They gave up a goal in the first 30 seconds of two seperate periods.  That kind of mental lapse, twice in one game, makes it hard for me to give them the 'great game' stamp of approval.  They played extremely well for stretches of that game, but the same 'shoot themselves in the foot' mistakes that they have made this season persist.  This game should have been 2 points for us, none for the Canucks; giving up 4 goals in the manner that we did gifted a point to a team chasing us in the standings.

5 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I do!

Happy for the win - Alfredoh we need 20 more wins in a row

I'll do what I can to keep the streak going

Top Plank Stickers for Android & iOS | Gfycat

10 hours ago, sbhatt said:

They gave up a goal in the first 30 seconds of two seperate periods.  That kind of mental lapse, twice in one game, makes it hard for me to give them the 'great game' stamp of approval.  They played extremely well for stretches of that game, but the same 'shoot themselves in the foot' mistakes that they have made this season persist.  This game should have been 2 points for us, none for the Canucks; giving up 4 goals in the manner that we did gifted a point to a team chasing us in the standings.

There is a big difference between didnt play well and great game.  I wouldnt call it great as there were some issues to clean up, but i also dont think they played poorly.

As for the Canucks im not too worried about them.  Im watching the flames though.

11 hours ago, dlbalr said:

I was on recap duty tonight and boy, was there a lot to cover... https://www.habsworld.net/2021/03/habs-survive-overtime-to-beat-canucks-in-a-shootout/

Since I didn’t see the game (wasn’t too motivated when I heard the blue costumes were in play, TBH) I appreciate this recap, dlbalr. Thanks. 

Sounds like the Habs were the significantly better team for most of it, but the Canucks were “opportunistic” - something which has happened against the Habs quite a bit this season, opportunistic scoring based on Habs’ errors or breakdowns.

Anyway, I love that we managed to break two jinxes at once: the blue jersey curse, and the OT curse. Also it’s a bit of relief that we did not lose 10 OT games in a row, as the parallel with 1993 would have been too irritating.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

it’s a bit of relief that we did not lose 10 OT games in a row, as the parallel with 1993 would have been too irritating.

I was thinking, before overtime started, that maybe we were destined to lose 10 in a row as some sort of karmic balancing act for 1993

2 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

I was thinking, before overtime started, that maybe we were destined to lose 10 in a row as some sort of karmic balancing act for 1993

I was thinking the same :)

and it is fine if it happens during the regular season, and if it does not affect the Habs playoff participation

14 hours ago, tomh009 said:

... And Mete/Romanov looked much better than Ouellet/Romanov. ...

They did well ... but IMO neither Mete or Ouellet are ideal as the 6D ... and Ie expect Ouellet may still get the spot against more physical opponents or if PK time is important