RESCHEDULED (Mar. 30), Oilers vs Canadiens, 19h00 EDT

alfredoh2009

It could be argued that the Habs would be disadvantaged by being rusty from the week off, but I think they got a gift getting a tired Oilers team on the second night of a back-to-back with travel.

The thing about gifts is that you make sure you accept them and move on. Take the points, put some distance between the team behind you and close the gap with the team ahead of you. I'm glad the Habs got it done. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TurdBurglar said:

The Oilers announcers would not shut up in the final 6 minutes of the game about Price getting a shutout.  Trying to jinx it in every way they could.

Jinxes arent real 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

As well as the Habs played, the oilers were quite bad.  They were wore out and you could tell. 

Always the issue in such games ... how much credit to the victor or blame to the loser ... more importantly, Habs need to take away some confidence but not feel TOO good about themselves

What impressed me was that they were able to come out hard ... the oft-touted Dave Tippet really helped with the offside challenge ... my fear after that first goal had been that the early adrenalin deluge could easily have faded if the Oilers had enough in the tank to really push back ... but while the Habs didn't score but I think the PP helped cement the momentum for the Habs ... and put the Oilers on their heels, literally and emotionally/psychologically ... it became a "downhill game" for the Habs ... which is ***NOT*** to say it wasn't earned, just that the right pieces came together in the right ways last night 

6 minutes ago, DON said:

She begs to differ.:P

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b5/Ji...

She can't be real, she's un-fracking believable

8 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

McDavid got a $5k fine for his elbow on KK, Sportsnet is reporting.

I am glad he got something. It was a cheap shot. Not like McDavid. One thing I have noticed as I have watched a lot of Oiler games is that McDavid  seems to be taking more abuse and he is responding by playing more physical. I think the familiarity from playing the same teams leads to more physical play. 

37 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Speaking of physical, is it just me or are the Habs hitting less? I think DD prefers to take the puck first if available.  I also prefer it. 

Definitely a change from Julien to DD.

1 hour ago, TurdBurglar said:

McDavid got a $5k fine for his elbow on KK, Sportsnet is reporting.

Crazy...must be a make-up call for earlier missed concussion hits on Habs, i thought was barely a 2 minute minor.

13 minutes ago, DON said:

Crazy...must be a make-up call for earlier missed concussion hits on Habs, i thought was barely a 2 minute minor.

My first reaction was one of surprise when I saw the hit  but it definitely looked like an elbow to the head and if they are giving a fine I am sure they watched it in slow motion many times. 

13 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

My first reaction was one of surprise when I saw the hit  but it definitely looked like an elbow to the head and if they are giving a fine I am sure they watched it in slow motion many times. 

Only KK knows for sure if there was any contact with his head.  If there was, he needs to inform his teammates, and McDavid needs to answer for it the next time we play the Oilers.

12 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Only KK knows for sure if there was any contact with his head.  If there was, he needs to inform his teammates, and McDavid needs to answer for it the next time we play the Oilers.

I saw the replay.  It was pretty obvious it was an elbow to the head. 

4 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I saw the replay.  It was pretty obvious it was an elbow to the head. 

Then we need guys to run McDavid until somebody pastes him good next game...well worth the charging penalty to send a message.  I'd like for KK to punch McDavid in the mouth, but after the Chiarot hand injury, I don't want him to risk it.

4 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Then we need guys to run McDavid until somebody pastes him good next game...well worth the charging penalty to send a message.  I'd like for KK to punch McDavid in the mouth, but after the Chiarot hand injury, I don't want him to risk it.

The problem with getting into a fight when guys wear visors is that it's so easy to break a hand/finger etc. Not worth it especially with playoffs not that far away. 

Very dirty, targeted play by McDavid on KK.  Seems out of character for McD - maybe he was frustrated and just looking for the one guy who profiles as softer than him.  I think a suspension was warranted, but we've seen so far this season that a Hab needs to have severed limbs before there are any serious repercussions for the opponent. 

43 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

The problem with getting into a fight when guys wear visors is that it's so easy to break a hand/finger etc. Not worth it especially with playoffs not that far away. 

Exactly...so run the petulant superstar through the boards/glass until you are sure the message is received.

54 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Yes ... because it would stop there ... the Oilers would never then send someone out to do the same or worse to Suzuki, KK, Toffoli or Price ... but then of course then the Habs could ..........

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Yes ... because it would stop there ... the Oilers would never then send someone out to do the same or worse to Suzuki, KK, Toffoli or Price ... but then of course then the Habs could ..........

KK is the only one that could get away with it. The code and all

Not sure I can imagine KK skating up to mcdavid and punching him in the throat though 🤔