RESCHEDULED (Mar. 30), Oilers vs Canadiens, 19h00 EDT

alfredoh2009

11 hours ago, Commandant said:

shouldnt it be easy though to call him up and send him back with Chiarot LTIR

If they go the LTIR route, yes.  But if they don't and get the COVID cap-exempt recall, he probably doesn't qualify.  Having said that, they can afford to recall him directly from the taxi squad but they'd still be short two players for tonight; I don't know if one CPRA player can lead to two cap-exempt recalls (Evans and Frolik).

14 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

I assume that Toffoli has a pull or a sprain of some sort, which hasn't healed as quickly as expected. Hopefully not much longer now.

He can't heal soon enough...that 3rd line looks like a black hole for offence in it's current configuration:

Byron - Kotkaniemi - Lehkonen      What the hell is KK supposed to do saddled with those wingers?  Yikes.

Just now, sbhatt said:

He can't heal soon enough...that 3rd line looks like a black hole for offence in it's current configuration:

Byron - Kotkaniemi - Lehkonen      What the hell is KK supposed to do saddled with those wingers?  Yikes.

I think what he really needs to do is shoot more, especially now. He's got a good shot, and neither Byron or Lehkonen is highly regarded as a sniper.

52 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I’m weirdly interested in seeing Frolik, even though all reason and good sense suggests that he will be terrible.

That much time without playing at true game speed, I expect the same.  Not his fault at all. 

59 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I’m weirdly interested in seeing Frolik, even though all reason and good sense suggests that he will be terrible.

The fact that the rest of the Habs are probably going to be a bit sluggish out of the gate may help him a bit.  It's also not weird to be interested in seeing him - he has been an NHL-calibre player so at some point, it's perfectly reasonable to want to see what he can provide.

17 minutes ago, habs#4,9,10,33 said:

Would of liked Perry and Lech switched on those two lines. Perry would be more offensive minded with KK and byrons speed 

With 25 games in 26 nights (or whatever equally ridiculous number it is) DD needs to manage Perry's minutes ... ***IF*** needed the flip may happen in-game but not likely for the whole game 

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

The fact that the rest of the Habs are probably going to be a bit sluggish out of the gate may help him a bit.  It's also not weird to be interested in seeing him - he has been an NHL-calibre player so at some point, it's perfectly reasonable to want to see what he can provide.

It will be interesting to see Frolik ... if he can fill the 12/13th forward role when needed then it would allow MB more comfort to look at moving out a contract.

My expectations are for the habs to be sluggish and likely not have a particularly good game ... both because I think that is likely ... AND .. because it avoids angst and agony if true and makes anything else such a pleasant surprise

13 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

With 25 games in 26 nights (or whatever equally ridiculous number it is) DD needs to manage Perry's minutes ... ***IF*** needed the flip may happen in-game but not likely for the whole game 

I agree, but the argument here would be it’s a temporary option (1-3 games) until Toffoli and company makes it back. Also after 10days off now since our last game, Perry is well rested and eager to get out. 

29 minutes ago, habs#4,9,10,33 said:

I agree, but the argument here would be it’s a temporary option (1-3 games) until Toffoli and company makes it back. Also after 10days off now since our last game, Perry is well rested and eager to get out. 

Understood ... but then it is why not Perry instead of Byron until Armia gets back ... then ... then ... IMO best stick to the plan DD has for Perry, which seems to include extra time when needed but otherwise preserving him ... I expect Perry will end up having to sit the odd game between now and the end of the season given the schedule

1 hour ago, sbhatt said:

How bout, create offensive opportunities for himself...is basically what Gallagher and many good players do every game.

Shoot and not defer to his wingers, also would be suggested.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DON said:

How bout, create offensive opportunities for himself...is basically what Gallagher and many good players do every game.

Shoot and not defer to his wingers, also would be suggested.

Leks and Byron can use their speed to be a factor.  I agree KK should shoot more, he does have one of the better shots on the team but rarely uses it.

2 hours ago, GHT120 said:

My expectations are for the habs to be sluggish and likely not have a particularly good game ... both because I think that is likely ... AND .. because it avoids angst and agony if true and makes anything else such a pleasant surprise

Yes, always good to manage expectations. Realistically it's hard to expect the Habs to be sharp tonight but I would like to be pleasantly surprised. 

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Yes, always good to manage expectations. Realistically it's hard to expect the Habs to be sharp tonight but I would like to be pleasantly surprised. 

This is 3 in 4 nights for oilers so they should be gassed. I’m hoping that evens things out

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

This is 3 in 4 nights for oilers so they should be gassed. I’m hoping that evens things out

Went to OT vs Leafs last 2 games also...but just 0.54 & 0.17 worth.

Big game for Gallagher coming up!

image.jpeg

Here we go with the roster technicalities:

Byron recalled on an emergency basis (into existing cap space)

Armia placed on COVID non-roster

Staal placed on COVID non-roster

Frolik recalled under COVID emergency roster exception to replace Armia (cap-exempt)

Evans recalled under COVID emergency roster exception to replace Staal (cap-exempt)

(Plus Dauphin recalled to the taxi squad to stay compliant with carrying at least four players)

7 hours ago, sbhatt said:

Seems good for the first 18 seconds.

Good game so far.  I missed both goals though. 

Nice, I loved how the 1 d flipped the puck out of the Habs end.  It wasn't a long flip pass, but it was a flipout, and it worked and created an on the rush chance.

Frolik just got his 1st shift.  Congrats!!