Game Thread | Los Angeles vs. Canadiens | 12/03/05

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Lister110

Can't wait to see this Murray play. At least it's something to look forward to in this game.

Go Habs Go

Heheh, and Avery. I've been waiting for this game ever since he spouted off about Gauthier in the preseason. Don't disappoint me boys, send 'em back to Cali with broken hearts.:king:

:ghg:

The last time we played these Kings we got a great performance from our goalie.. Mathieu Garon. Cristobal Huet was in goal for Los Angeles. 4-2 win for Montréal, with Garon making 46 saves. I would settle for that. A 4-2 win for Montréal & Garon making 46 saves, tonight.

Originally posted by dark_faerie87
Originally posted by Lister110

Can't wait to see this Murray play. At least it's something to look forward to in this game.

Go Habs Go

Heheh, and Avery. I've been waiting for this game ever since he spouted off about Gauthier in the preseason. Don't disappoint me boys, send 'em back to Cali with broken hearts.:king:

Don't you wish we bring back Claude Lemieux at his prime for games like this. He could out dirty anyone in the league. Avery would never play again.

Originally posted by les_glorieux

so i took a nap this afternoon and dreamt that the habs lost 4-1. here's to hoping that doesn't happen.

that's pretty sad i dreamt about that though eh?

Very sad.

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/news/redirect...newsItemID=4554

MONTREAL - Coming off a heart-breaking 3-2 overtime loss to the Sabres Thursday at the Bell Centre, the Canadiens (14-7-5) will be looking to bounce back on Saturday in their only meeting of the season with the L.A. Kings (16-10-1). Montreal is hoping to snap a four-game losing skid as they kick-off a string of five straight against Western Conference opponents after a strict diet of 26 games against Eastern Conference rivals to start the season. The Kings, meanwhile, are playing their third of a four-game East Coast swing. Los Angeles, who sits second in the Pacific Division behind Dallas, arrives in Montreal riding a three-game losing streak of their own, following their 5-1 loss to the Senators in Ottawa on Friday. Montreal has not been kind to the Kings since they joined the NHL back in 1967-68, with Canadiens holding a huge 45-8-11 advantage at home, including a 9-1-1 mark dating back to 1990-91.

Definitely not morning people: Hoping to exterminate the injury bug that has infected the Canadiens' dressing room of late, Claude Julien is seriously considering the idea of eliminating the traditional game-day skate, in light of the condensed 2005-06 schedule caused by the two-week Olympic break in February. Saku Koivu is the latest casualty as the Canadiens captain will miss his second straight game with a groin pull he suffered in practice on Wednesday. Radek Bonk is also more than likely to sit tonight’s game out with a groin injury that has plagued Bonk off-and-on for over a month.

Last hurrah for "Lucky Luke: One of the most prolific left-wingers in the history of the NHL, Saturday night's contest will likely be Luc Robitaille's last appearance as a player in Montreal.

"I can assure you, this will be my last game in Montreal," confirmed Robitaille, with his legendary smile.

Lucky Luke, who has scored 658 goals and recorded 1,378 points in 19 seasons, was given the night off Friday in Ottawa so he could be well-rested when facing his hometown team. In 41 regular season career games against the Canadiens, Robitaille has tallied 21 goals and 16 assists.

Who goes first? The Canadiens opened the scoring in half of their games thus far, posting a 10-1-2 record in those games, the fifth-best record in the league. The Kings, on the other hand, hold the best record when their opponents tally first. Andy Murray's troops have seen their opponents take a 1-0 lead on 16 occasions and have come back to win in nine of those games.

Back in the saddle: After a rough start to the season where he saw Jason LaBabera earn the "number one" title, Mathieu Garon has since found his form over the last month, winning six of his last eight starts. Garon, who is 8-5-0 this season, will be facing his former teammates for the first time since he was traded to Los Angeles during the summer of 2004, in return for Cristobal Huet and Radek Bonk.

Endless experience: Following Garth Murray's call-up from Hamilton earlier this afternoon, the Canadiens will have seven players in their lineup with less than 30 NHL games under their belts. Of the 12 forwards and six defenseman who will don the red-white-and-blue tonight, they will have a total of 4,261 games of NHL experience. Niklas Sundstrom is at the top of the list with 717 NHL games played. The Kings, for their part, have a roster with 6,888 games of NHL experience, with Luc Robitaille's 1,382 matchups at the top of the list.

4554_1.jpg

Jose Theodore will see a familiar face at the other end of the ice, as former backup Mathieu Garon gets the start for his new team.

[Edited on 2005/12/3 by Spider-Man NL]

Grrr! Theo SUCKS! He wouldn't even be the backup for an ECHL team. Oh, and Zednik. My dad's oldtimer team makes him look out of place, what a shoddy player. And then there's all those young guys on the team. Who do they think they are? They all SUCK!!!!!!

(Check the last game thread to see what happened when I talked about Dags not deserving 2nd line ice-time...)

Rookies who played for the Habs this season:

Perezhogin

Plekanec

Higgins

Danis

Ivanans

Streit

Lapierre

Murray

Kostitsyn

Cote

That's 10 and it's not counting Hainsey who came so close.

10 guarnatees for tonight

1. Bonk will play lazy

2. Streit will make atleast 3 defensive turnovers, leading to atleast one for a goal

3. Avery will do something stupid, whine about a penalty, and turtle if someone challenges him to a fight

4. The Garon fanclub will wet themselves if LA wins

5. Ribeiro will play with no heart

6. Bouillon will play with heart

7. Theodore will let in a bad goal

8. Murray will play his ass off and shut up all the "Marcel hossa is the greatest player in the world" fanclub

9. Joe Thornton will score a goal and an assist for San Jose as they beat Toronto

10. Habs will in overtime after a late comeback

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

1. Bonk will play lazy

Don't make promises you can't keep. Bonk isn't even playing tonight.

bonk wont play

Ribeiro plays great without Koivu (Pisses me so off)

Murray will kick Avery's ass... although thank Avery for making us love to hate him... personally I might even say I like le Tabarnak de colise anglo merdeux

Originally posted by mathieug

The last time we played these Kings we got a great performance from our goalie.. Mathieu Garon. Cristobal Huet was in goal for Los Angeles. 4-2 win for Montréal, with Garon making 46 saves. I would settle for that. A 4-2 win for Montréal & Garon making 46 saves, tonight.

I was at that game at Staples, and those 46 shots were not only quantity, but quality as well.....that is obviously the main reason they traded for him......along the same line, it is ridiculous that the Habs don't come out here (LA or Anaheim) at least once this year.....thank God for Centre Ice!

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

1. Bonk will play lazy

Don't make promises you can't keep. Bonk isn't even playing tonight.

Alright, my 11th guarnatee is Begin will get a goal.

I'm holding you accountable for 2 through 11.:bow:

lets make those kings look like queens

Originally posted by JMMR

No way Huet starts tonight.

Theo better be in nets the habs have 7 days off after this game.

Whats up with this 7 days off? This new age NHL is getting a little bit out of hand. But the timing could not of been better with all of our injuries, lots of time to rest and heel some of our players. A win is amust tonite!!!Or its going to be a lonnnnnnng week for all of us....

Im looking forward to watching Garon in net tonite. I was a big fan of him and wish him the best of luck.(not tonites game)