Game Thread | Los Angeles vs. Canadiens | 12/03/05

Spider-Man NL

OK - wait. I understand the words of the joke but not the joke itself!:D Why do they blow the whistle? They can't make a faceoff because their hands are falling off? What a horrible joke!

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

I read the French definition. Is it someone with leprosy?

EDIT: Ya, I know what leprosy is I just didn't know it was tied to the word leper. I still don't get the joke though. The whistle bows all the time because their body parts are falling off?

[Edited on 2005/12/4 by Bulis_the_Habbie]

it's a play on words, bth... a pun... albeit in poor taste but a pun nevertheless

Originally posted by option+

This definitely qualified as the strangest in-game discussion I've ever seen on this board. :bow:

hehehe:P

No sorry, I've never seen Mokolai, whatever that is. But I did think Exodus whoever told me that. Yeah who gossiped and whatever got leprosy. Harsh.

that was me...

there is actually a lot of leprosy or leprosy-like incidents in exodus. One comes to mind:

1) Moses goes to show the pharoah the power of his god. He puts his hand inside his coat, takes it out - it's leprous. Puts it in, takes it out again - not leprous.

the guys came close again... i wonder how well garon is playing, on the whole

the canadiens are outshooting them 22 - 18... that's still pretty even, in that sense.

Originally posted by shortcat1

I read the French definition. Is it someone with leprosy?

EDIT: Ya, I know what leprosy is I just didn't know it was tied to the word leper. I still don't get the joke though. The whistle bows all the time because their body parts are falling off?

[Edited on 2005/12/4 by Bulis_the_Habbie]

it's a play on words, bth... a pun... albeit in poor taste but a pun nevertheless

I still don't get it!:lol: What word are you playing on? OH!!!!! FACE OFF!!! hahaha... the joke sucks anyway, though.

Originally posted by mathieug

Dandy, watch out! Maybe Avery brought his friends Michaelangelo, Leonardo & Donatello.

What about Raphael?

That Crosby guy scored for Pittsburgh. Ovechkin: 1 G, 2 A. SJ has gone up on the Leafs 4-3, Thornton 1 A.

Sharks came back with 3 unanswered goals? Nice...

Originally posted by simonus

the whole not playing kost or murray thing is getting a little silly

Yep. Good way to ruin the kids development. Atleast give'em a chance on the PP. If this keeps up and the Habs don't win, it's time Julien starts anwsering some questions. Murray is exactly what the team needs and AK has tons of skill and would look great on the PP.

the habs are the better team so far, even with all of the absences, so it says that this team does have character. i want to see more of the rookies (kost, murray), but i doubt that will happen in the third. i would like to see kost-ribeiro-perez get a shot on the pp, ya in my dreams

go habs go and pull it out in da tird

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

Yep. Good way to ruin the kids development. Atleast give'em a chance on the PP. If this keeps up and the Habs don't win, it's time Julien starts anwsering some questions. Murray is exactly what the team needs and AK has tons of skill and would look great on the PP.

couldn't agree more, why bring up these kids from Hamilton only to play them for 2-3 minutes, sometimes even less. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Is Perezhogin dressed tonight?

yes he is but he's only had a few shifts so far.