Mar. 23, Laval vs Stockton, 7 PM

dlbalr

Laval will go for the sweep against Stockton tonight as they look to make it four straight wins against the Heat.  No Yannick Veilleux again as he has a four-game suspension to serve.

lav17_200-150x150.png

Harvey-Pinard - Weal - Ylonen
Baddock - Vejdemo - Belzile
Blandisi - Poehling - Teasdale
Pezzetta - Mysak - Lucchini

Schueneman - Leskinen
Bisson - Fleury
Brisebois - Brook

Primeau

stk18_200-150x150.png

(Lines are from last game)

Pospisil - Ruzicka - Phillips
Estephan - Gawdin - Philp
Kirkland - Froese - Tuulola
Beck - Simpson - Zavgorodniy

Mackey - Stone
Hamilton - Yelesin
Moro - Leslie

Sparks

Puck drop is at 7 PM.

3-1 after the second: Ylonen and Lucchini scored for Laval, while Froese recorded a PPG for Stockton. Shots were even 7-7.

Brook now on a full-season 44-point pace, a huge change from last year.

I keep saying it... Josh Brook is going to be a legitimate NHL defenceman for sure, and he has a very good chance to be a top 4 guy.  There is just something about that Kid that I really, really like on defence

2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I keep saying it... Josh Brook is going to be a legitimate NHL defenceman for sure, and he has a very good chance to be a top 4 guy.  There is just something about that Kid that I really, really like on defence

Yeah. I'm happy they have not rushed him, though, I think spending this year in Laval is great experience for him. In an ideal world, he'll get some AHL playoff experience, too, but that may not happen.

A nice wrap to the Stockton series: 4-3, 4-3, 4-1 and 4-2 wins, only one in OT. Can't ask for a much better performance on the road.

Ylonen (2+1) first star, Leskinen (1+1) second. The Rocket has 25 points from 17 games and is way ahead of everyone else in the division at the moment.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Totally agree on that,  he seemed to have such a well rounded game in junior. I thought he was almost a can't miss prospect but I think it took a while to get some confidence playing at a higher level.  He seems like such a great kid. I am really happy he is doing well. 

:1banana:

One thing that has been interesting lately is that Mysak all of a sudden seems to be a fixture on the fourth line.  They were really hesitant to use him early on so clearly he has impressed the coaching staff.

54 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

:1banana:

One thing that has been interesting lately is that Mysak all of a sudden seems to be a fixture on the fourth line.  They were really hesitant to use him early on so clearly he has impressed the coaching staff.

So nice to see ... should serve him well if the rumoured (OHL, province working out details of hub cities for shortened season | CBC SportsOntario sets $2.35 million for OHL post-secondary scholarships as part of initiative | CBC Sports) 2020-21 OHL season does materialize ... and, as it is unlikely he makes the Habs in 21/22 he will be back in the OHL next season too ... these games should be a significant jumpstart to his development