Mar. 25, Laval vs Manitoba, 7 PM

dlbalr

After a sweep in Calgary against the Heat, Laval's road trip continues with a stop in Manitoba for a four-game set against the Moose.

lav17_200-150x150.png

Harvey-Pinard - Weal - Ylonen
Baddock - Vejdemo - Belzile
Blandisi - Poehling - Teasdale
Pezzetta - Mysak - Lucchini

Schueneman - Leskinen

Bisson - Fleury

Brisebois - Brook

McNiven

mtb15_200-150x150.png

Vesalainen - Gustafsson - Reichel

Malott - Suess - Todd

McKenzie - Perfetti - Dano

Krieger - Maier - Jones

Samberg - Kovacevic

Oligny - Gawanke

Bourque - Chisholm

Berdin

Puck drop is at 7 PM.

3-1 Rocket after two periods, on goals by Blandisi (PPG), Ylonen and Brisebois (Canucks prospect on loan to the Rocket). Assists to Teasdale (x2), Leskinen, Brook, Blandisi and Schueneman. Shots more even tonight, 18-16 for Laval.

Ylonen now at 7+7 in 18 games, that's better than I expected in his first AHL season.

3 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Two empty-net goals for the Moose, with 22 and 2 seconds left on the clock. On to OT we go ...

Yeah, the Moose had pulled their goalie

Moose wins in the shootout

5 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Yeah, the Moose had pulled their goalie

Moose wins in the shootout

Yeah, they had the empty net, not the Rocket, sorry about that.

Ylonen, Poehling and Weal all fail to score in the shootout.

1 minute ago, tomh009 said:

Yeah, they had the empty net, not the Rocket, sorry about that.

Ylonen, Poehling and Weal all fail to score in the shootout.

I like Ylonen a lot, I hope he plays with Kotkaniemi and that they find chemistry.

3 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I like Ylonen a lot, I hope he plays with Kotkaniemi and that they find chemistry.

Ylonen, Brook and Leskinen have looked very good this season, and even Poehling has improved.

I wonder what's going on with Vejdemo, he had 23 shots and eight points in his first ten games, but in the eight since then he has only 13 shots and a single point. Just natural streakiness, less playing time, worse linemates -- or something else?

9 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Ylonen, Brook and Leskinen have looked very good this season, and even Poehling has improved.

I wonder what's going on with Vejdemo, he had 23 shots and eight points in his first ten games, but in the eight since then he has only 13 shots and a single point. Just natural streakiness, less playing time, worse linemates -- or something else?

probably Veggie is showing what his ceiling is: 4th line defensive forward

I still like him over others we’ve had 

16 hours ago, tomh009 said:

He came in after playing in Sweden.  Had an advantage to start the year in terms of being in game shape.  Now the rest have caught up

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

He came in after playing in Sweden.  Had an advantage to start the year in terms of being in game shape.  Now the rest have caught up

that makes sense now that I read it

36 minutes ago, Commandant said:

That would explain it. But it doesn't look good for Vejdemo's NHL prospects, though.