League makes a gaffe?

jetsniper

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

Wow. I thought he had only been GM of the Panthers and now coach of the Sens.

Wasn't he a GM in Anaheim? Gordon Bombay told me that.

[Edited on 4-12-05 by mathieug]

Originally posted by mathieug

Don't know who that is but I know that the reason he was fired from Florida's GM wasbecause he made this "crazy" trade:

Oleg Kvasha + Radek Dvorak for Olli Jokinen + Roberto Luongo

At the time Milbury was the big winner and Murray got fired for creating Florida it's future.

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

Yay Milbury did all that to draft bust Rick DiPietro.

Boy, the Isles with Luongo, Jokinen and Heatley right now. Sounds dangerous. Maybe that's why Milbury did it.

They also once had Bertuzzi, Chara and a potential Spezza too. I heard the management in NYI loves Milbury because he's not afraid to take risks and pull the trigger on big trades.

Don't know who that is but I know that the reason he was fired from Florida's GM wasbecause he made this "crazy" trade:

At the time Milbury was the big winner and Murray got fired for creating Florida it's future.

You don't know Mr Bombay? Coach Bombay from the D-5 team? He invented the flying-V! That Gordon Bombay.

You don't know Mr Bombay? Coach Bombay from the D-5 team? He invented the flying-V! That Gordon Bombay.

Flying V? The only flying V I know involves birds.

Gordon Bombay is a hockey genious. Came out of retirement a few years ago and turned a sorry bunch of sad excuses for hockey players into a class act championship team. He only made one trade, one that looked ugly at first, but turned out to be a brilliant move. Gordon Bombay is hockey genious!

Okay, I'm chiming in on this late.

Don't start hopping on the "I Hate Gretzky" bandwagon just yet. Don't forget what kind of man this guy is. Absolutely no respect.

Secondly, the two situations were different. I wasn't watching the Ottawa game nor did I see highlights due to a party, but here's what I know. Doan is not a fighter. He can fight, he will fight, but he's not someone who's gonna drop the gloves with enforcers. He'll fight you if he's pissed off and you play more than 5 minutes a game. Doan is the captain of the team, a gold medal winner, a World Cup winner, and a first-line winger on any team in the league. He's a class act, and he was going in retaliation to a hit on one of his players.

Chara is an enforcer turned all-star defenceman. He fights enforcers. He fights McCabe (<3). He fights anyone. And he's also the kind of the guy who would instigate a fight because he wants to. Because he knows he can win. So what I hear is that Chara was put up forward? C'mon, that's a no brainer right there. If I was the league, I'd suspend the coach for a game and give Chara the fine. It sounds like he was just following his coach's orders. If you beleive for a second that Gretzky asked his captain to goon someone at the end of a game, give your head a shake.

[Edited on 2005/12/4 by Toren]

Originally posted by Rooster

Gordon Bombay is a hockey genious. Came out of retirement a few years ago and turned a sorry bunch of sad excuses for hockey players into a class act championship team. He only made one trade, one that looked ugly at first, but turned out to be a brilliant move. Gordon Bombay is hockey genious!

Gordon Bombay, aka Emilio Estevez

Originally posted by Toren

Don't start hopping on the "I Hate Gretzky" bandwagon just yet. Don't forget what kind of man this guy is. Absolutely no respect.

Secondly, the two situations were different. I wasn't watching the Ottawa game nor did I see highlights due to a party, but here's what I know. Doan is not a fighter. He can fight, he will fight, but he's not someone who's gonna drop the gloves with enforcers. He'll fight you if he's pissed off and you play more than 5 minutes a game. Doan is the captain of the team, a gold medal winner, a World Cup winner, and a first-line winger on any team in the league. He's a class act, and he was going in retaliation to a hit on one of his players.

Chara is an enforcer turned all-star defenceman. He fights enforcers. He fights McCabe (<3). He fights anyone. And he's also the kind of the guy who would instigate a fight because he wants to. Because he knows he can win. So what I hear is that Chara was put up forward? C'mon, that's a no brainer right there. If I was the league, I'd suspend the coach for a game and give Chara the fine. It sounds like he was just following his coach's orders. If you beleive for a second that Gretzky asked his captain to goon someone at the end of a game, give your head a shake.

Here you have the Chara segment, the final minutes in the Ottawa-Los Angeles game.

http://kingsmediazone.com/jimfox.wmv

Originally posted by Toren

No one's denying that Murray deserved the fine but we're saying that Gretzky should have gotten one too. Just like the delay of game penalty gives the refs no leighway this should be an automatic penalty too. They should never have looked at the circumstances or anything, just a straight up suspension and fine.

:o

You're kidding, right? You don't know about "IT'S KNUCKLE PUCK TIMMMMMME!!!". Man, I loved that line.

Their goalie was awesome too. The fat guy, not the chick.

As for the whole Doan-Chara incident, it really shouldn't matter if you're a fighter or not. The rules are there, plain and simple. I don't care if you're Chara, Doan or Mickey Mouse (not really relevant but it gets my point across). You break the rules that are set, you get the suspension. No questions asked. The league is sucking up to Gretzky, plain and simple. And don't say I hate either one of them, I defend both of them in the Team Canada topic.

I agree with the Leagues' suspension. It's not so much what he did and how he did it. That is, if Tie Domi did that he wouldn't have gotten suspended I don't think. My opinion is that Chara stands out more when these sorts of things happen more than others. I believe it's a matter of him being so strong that the league might be weary that he might actually UNINTENTIONALLY concuss or even kill someone.

So, I think Campbell is doing this to prevent another Bertuzzi situation before it happens.

Also, we all remember what he did to Ivanans.

Please don't misinterpret. I'm not saying Chara is Bertuzzi. I'm not saying what he did comes close to Bertuzzi on Moore. However, any person who can throw McCabe around like a ragdoll and pulls this type of behavior is going to garner attention.