4th now. 8th by the end of the week?

Peter Puck

We're in 4th place now as we have been for a few weeks. I think it's clear that we can't expect to finish higher than 4th.

We could be in 8th by the end of next week and will probably drop at least as far as 6th or 7th. I expect this will generate more calls to trade everyone but Koivu.

I'll take this opportunity to urge some restraint. We're going to fall in the standings and it's not going to have anything to do with the quality of our play.

edit: spelling

[Edited on 2005/12/4 by Peter Puck]

We knew all along that the best we could is 4th thanks to Ottawa. But why should we drop in the standings? The injured players are returning so we should become our old selves again. The only reason why we might dorp is becaus we're not playing any games so the other teams will get points while we do nothing.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

We knew all along that the best we could is 4th thanks to Ottawa. But why should we drop in the standings? The injured players are returning so we should become our old selves again. The only reason why we might dorp is becaus we're not playing any games so the other teams will get points while we do nothing.

This is my point. We are only 2 points ahead of 8th place right now and the next game we play is next Saturday. Thus we will be passed by some of the teams below us. When the injured players return I expect we will return to the form we showed in October, i.e., winning a number of close games.

We might drop in the standings but, by Saturday morning, we'll have played 1 more game than Ottawa, 3 less games than New York, 1 game less than Carolina, the same number of games as Philadelphia, 2 games less than Buffalo, 2 games less than Toronto, and 2 games less than Tampa Bay.

It used to be that we were slightly higher in the standings because we'd played more games than most teams (except New York), now we might drop a little in the standings due to having played a few less games.

Originally posted by les_glorieux

We might drop in the standings but, by Saturday morning, we'll have played 1 more game than Ottawa, 3 less games than New York, 1 game less than Carolina, the same number of games as Philadelphia, 2 games less than Buffalo, 2 games less than Toronto, and 2 games less than Tampa Bay.

It used to be that we were slightly higher in the standings because we'd played more games than most teams (except New York), now we might drop a little in the standings due to having played a few less games.

At least Lets HOPE they dont play til OT cant be givin out 3 points every time our Division rivals play!:ghg:

Even if we do drop in the standings, we'll have a bunch of games in hand on the teams above us (except Philly).

We're on a 106 point pace 27 games in - and it's not like everything has broken our way, especially not in the last two weeks or so. That's a reason to celebrate IMO.

Originally posted by option+

Even if we do drop in the standings, we'll have a bunch of games in hand on the teams above us (except Philly).

We're on a 106 point pace 27 games in - and it's not like everything has broken our way, especially not in the last two weeks or so. That's a reason to celebrate IMO.

Very well put:clap::clap:

Yeah great year. If the Habs keep this pace there is no doubt in my mind they will finish 4th of 5th in the east.

106 point pace is amazing that is the point total that won TB 1st in the east in 03 04

Originally posted by JMMR

Yeah great year. If the Habs keep this pace there is no doubt in my mind they will finish 4th of 5th in the east.

106 point pace is amazing that is the point total that won TB 1st in the east in 03 04

But since there's no ties this year, the top teams will have more points.

Originally posted by Trizzak

Good lord!....this will be the most boring week ever. What will I do without 2 - 3 Habs games this week?

*stares blankly at wall*

You can color with me.;)

Good lord!....this will be the most boring week ever. What will I do without 2 - 3 Habs games this week?

*stares blankly at wall*

I have socks to sort...

Originally posted by lazy26

*stares blankly at wall*

I have socks to sort...

Can I help?

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

*stares blankly at wall*

You can color with me.;)

You color, I'll colour.

:/)