Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Peter Puck

4th now. 8th by the end of the week?

Recommended Posts

We're in 4th place now as we have been for a few weeks. I think it's clear that we can't expect to finish higher than 4th.

We could be in 8th by the end of next week and will probably drop at least as far as 6th or 7th. I expect this will generate more calls to trade everyone but Koivu.

I'll take this opportunity to urge some restraint. We're going to fall in the standings and it's not going to have anything to do with the quality of our play.

edit: spelling

[Edited on 2005/12/4 by Peter Puck]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

on the positive side the lower we go the more the chances we get to pick the players off waiver!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We knew all along that the best we could is 4th thanks to Ottawa. But why should we drop in the standings? The injured players are returning so we should become our old selves again. The only reason why we might dorp is becaus we're not playing any games so the other teams will get points while we do nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

We knew all along that the best we could is 4th thanks to Ottawa. But why should we drop in the standings? The injured players are returning so we should become our old selves again. The only reason why we might dorp is becaus we're not playing any games so the other teams will get points while we do nothing.

This is my point. We are only 2 points ahead of 8th place right now and the next game we play is next Saturday. Thus we will be passed by some of the teams below us. When the injured players return I expect we will return to the form we showed in October, i.e., winning a number of close games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I dont know about that.

Lets all cheer for the Western Conference teams to beat the east.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We might drop in the standings but, by Saturday morning, we'll have played 1 more game than Ottawa, 3 less games than New York, 1 game less than Carolina, the same number of games as Philadelphia, 2 games less than Buffalo, 2 games less than Toronto, and 2 games less than Tampa Bay.

It used to be that we were slightly higher in the standings because we'd played more games than most teams (except New York), now we might drop a little in the standings due to having played a few less games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by les_glorieux

We might drop in the standings but, by Saturday morning, we'll have played 1 more game than Ottawa, 3 less games than New York, 1 game less than Carolina, the same number of games as Philadelphia, 2 games less than Buffalo, 2 games less than Toronto, and 2 games less than Tampa Bay.

It used to be that we were slightly higher in the standings because we'd played more games than most teams (except New York), now we might drop a little in the standings due to having played a few less games.

At least Lets HOPE they dont play til OT cant be givin out 3 points every time our Division rivals play!:ghg:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if we do drop in the standings, we'll have a bunch of games in hand on the teams above us (except Philly).

We're on a 106 point pace 27 games in - and it's not like everything has broken our way, especially not in the last two weeks or so. That's a reason to celebrate IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by option+

Even if we do drop in the standings, we'll have a bunch of games in hand on the teams above us (except Philly).

We're on a 106 point pace 27 games in - and it's not like everything has broken our way, especially not in the last two weeks or so. That's a reason to celebrate IMO.

Very well put:clap::clap:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah great year. If the Habs keep this pace there is no doubt in my mind they will finish 4th of 5th in the east.

106 point pace is amazing that is the point total that won TB 1st in the east in 03 04

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by JMMR

Yeah great year. If the Habs keep this pace there is no doubt in my mind they will finish 4th of 5th in the east.

106 point pace is amazing that is the point total that won TB 1st in the east in 03 04

But since there's no ties this year, the top teams will have more points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good lord!....this will be the most boring week ever. What will I do without 2 - 3 Habs games this week?

*stares blankly at wall*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Trizzak

Good lord!....this will be the most boring week ever. What will I do without 2 - 3 Habs games this week?

*stares blankly at wall*

You can color with me.;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aw man I forgot about the week off now I have to wait till next saturday. Dammit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Trizzak

Good lord!....this will be the most boring week ever. What will I do without 2 - 3 Habs games this week?

*stares blankly at wall*

I have socks to sort...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by lazy26
Originally posted by Trizzak

Good lord!....this will be the most boring week ever. What will I do without 2 - 3 Habs games this week?

*stares blankly at wall*

I have socks to sort...

Can I help?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie
Originally posted by Trizzak

Good lord!....this will be the most boring week ever. What will I do without 2 - 3 Habs games this week?

*stares blankly at wall*

You can color with me.;)

You color, I'll colour.

:/)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...