thank god for habsworld

i just wanna say thanks for this awesome forum at least in here we discuss both the positives and the negatives about the habs. I have always believed intelligent conversation is a good thing. Constructive criticism is a good thing and yes we need a place to talk about all of it. Unfortunately, i just got a warning on the canadiens.come forum for posting the story from le journal about ribs blaming ryder and was told it was considered flaming a player especially since both players have denied the story. Like they would say anything else. Its a sad day when we can't openly discuss in an intelligent, contructive way these topics but rather get these topics banned and get warned so sad. As you can see here in habworld we ARE discussing this topic as we all see some reasons to discuss an article posted in a major quebec newspaper. Thanks to habsworld and the intelligent posters and people in here you will always keep it real for all of us!!!!!

Originally posted by theflower

i just wanna say thanks for this awesome forum at least in here we discuss both the positives and the negatives about the habs. I have always believed intelligent conversation is a good thing. Constructive criticism is a good thing and yes we need a place to talk about all of it. Unfortunately, i just got a warning on the canadiens.come forum for posting the story from le journal about ribs blaming ryder and was told it was considered flaming a player especially since both players have denied the story. Like they would say anything else. Its a sad day when we can't openly discuss in an intelligent, contructive way these topics but rather get these topics banned and get warned so sad. As you can see here in habworld we ARE discussing this topic as we all see some reasons to discuss an article posted in a major quebec newspaper. Thanks to habsworld and the intelligent posters and people in here you will always keep it real for all of us!!!!!

And HabsWorld will thank YOU when you start using punctuation.:D

Originally posted by Tony

Is it me or did the people on the canadiens.com board copy our game threads?

Maybe we copied them :P

sure looks like it.

The whole idea of an 'official' messageboard seems weak to me.

Can I say a player is a diving weenie? That a coach is foolish? That a guy ain't earning his keep? (just hypo examples, don't necisarily feel that way about anybody)

This is a super site. It's full of info (from an obviously biased perspective but that's ok) that deals, from the heart, with issues on hockey in general & the Canadiens in specific.

We deal from the heart as compared to the PR machine.

:hockey::hlogo::ghg::king::ghg::hlogo::hockey:

Originally posted by shortcat1

We deal from the heart as compared to the PR machine.

:hockey::hlogo::ghg::king::ghg::hlogo::hockey:

yeah, we don't give into the Man, man. :/)

Although I do post on the canadiens forum I would rather read (and do read) this site's forum.

I actually think this is only my second post here...so, perhaps I'll start posting a bit more.....

I do agree though, the official site is pretty strict.

D

ribeiro, i dunno if he denied it. but according to the mods at canadiens.com he has already denied this story as has ryder according to their mods. What they are saying is that they are part of the montreal organisation and it is not our place to make any statements that may appear contradictory to the players or coaches in anyway, shape or form. I wonder if its not common knowledge that this story has been refuted how suddenly they are able to tell me that this story is a load of rubbish. Sounds like alot of propaganda to me. I saw a man who was running naked in the streets....PR machine.....no you didnt and if you did you might wanna see a doctor it never happened....hehe. Sounds a little like area51 to me lol

Originally posted by theflower

Oddly enough, I posted that same article and as of yet, have not received any warnings...

Originally posted by ~moeman

Yup HW is pretty fair and balanced. Just be careful what you say about the BQ/PQ.

Hehe lol, that's not right. Any view is accepted. I personaly like to read users with different views. It helps to strenghen our own view or to question it.

The only things HW Admins ask are respect and no strong language, especially when the subject is more sensitive. Finally, the only rule is common sense + fun attitude. :/)

Originally posted by sakiqc

Yup HW is pretty fair and balanced. Just be careful what you say about the BQ/PQ.

Hehe lol, that's not right. Any view is accepted. I personaly like to read users with different views. It helps to strenghen our own view or to question it.

The only things HW Admins ask are respect and no strong language, especially when the subject is more sensitive. Finally, the only rule is common sense + fun attitude. :/)

I have been known to let loose occasional vulgarity. I mean, I realize that Dagenais isn't literally a "shitty player" (wouldn't that be a sight to see?) but really, that word just flows off my tongue quite nicely when I think of what he does on the ice.

So basically I guess I'm asking if I'm allowed to, every once in awhile, throw in a good curse word or two if I feel the situation calls for it.

Originally posted by sakiqc

If only everyone in the world had this kind of open mind we wouldn't have half the problems we do. Ever since I started taking more liberties in "bashing" Ribeiro I've learned a great deal more about the people around, the interesting ideas that people have, and the Canadiens in general. Some may not believe it, but I take the time to read every little thing said to me because, in my opinion, you don't grow unless you're willing to learn and accept what others have to say.

I'm not necessarily going to change my mind because someone has an argument with what I say, but I will consider it, and re-affirm in my own mind my point of view. On the other hand, if an argument has a lot of merit, I have absolutely no problem in saying I was wrong and accepting a new point of view. I've done it many times in the past, and I'll do it many more times.

I think it's the easygoing atmosphere that Sakicq and company have created that makes it possible for me, and hopefully others, to learn more about the team we have - and the fans that support it. Because of this site I had an excellent debate with Bulis_the_Habbie, and I have to say, I modified a few of my beliefs, if ever so slightly, because of it. It was an intelligent and well-thought out debate, and it wouldn't have happened if not for this site.

does that mean that the french-canadien quebecers will leave us... separate but yet keep friendly relationships?

I feel the same way about this site. I enjoy every single post even if I strongly disagree with it.

All the topics are fun and everyone responds quite well to one another.

And the info provided to me because of this site has made me one happy man.

thank god.. for habsworld

... for the 7th day, for Mr Bob Gainey, for (almost) all the women in the world, for wooden hockeysticks with (almost) no curve, poutine, Natasha St-pier, for picking up Steve Begin from waivers, for 3-2 OT wins, Paris by night, Québec winters, Belgian chocolate, Mark Messier retired, for Maple syrup, my great parents, french fries, ..I'm a country boy (lol), ... but most of all, thank god for Habsworld!

[Edited on 5-12-05 by mathieug]

It greatly troubles me that representatives of our beloved franchise would try to quash free expression in such a stupidly, heavy-handed way.

Oh well, I rarely bother with the "official" website the information and the discussion is much more lively and current here.

Thanks again HW :/)

Originally posted by Tony

I hear you get an automatic ban on the Leafs forum if you mention how another NHL team is doing better than Toronto :P

[Edited on 2005/12/5 by Tony]

Think I will go join and find out :/)