Pick a side guys!

Trizzak

Ribs does badly = trade him!!! OMG! TRADE HIM RIGHT NOW BEFORE I KILL MYSELF!!

Ribs does well = Ribiero is the franchise! I would have man-sex with him if he would let me!

All I'm asking for is, please, either like Ribiero on the team or don't like him. Please stop changing your opinion on a game by game basis, it's making my head hurt.Same goes for Dags, Souray, Bonk, or anybody else on the team.

Yes, Dagenais got two goals last game. Good, great, wonderful! This doesn't stop the fact that he lost his spot to the rookies and he shouldn't be on the team (in my opinion.) I want him gone in exchange for a more complete player. If he scores more lately, great, keeping gaining more trade value buddy!

Ribs is playing like he should be. Good, great, wonderful!

If we can get a solid D man for him or a forward that shows some consistency, I'd part with him in a heartbeat.

I don't mind people changing their mind, but this Jekyll and Hyde mentality is really starting to bother me. So really, this is just a friendly reminder that if you want someone traded, you're gonna want them to do well so we can get equal in return. Trading a shitty player for someone golden is just not gonna happen.

Originally posted by Macaskill

Lol, yea I'm with you on this one. Never been a fan of these 2, never will.

I would like to point out that I only used Ribs and Dags as examples, but really, it applies to most of the team.

Yea, just they're the most discussed at the moment, so went with that comment. :P

My stance on Bonk and Souray: They're both playing Sub-par... but Bonk's got injury trouble, and Souray's got personal troubles... People need to give them some more time.

Whats with this childish Yapping... this aint politics nor if you smoke or not... these things aint Black or white.. So much in this life is grey! it aint also about if you like them or not... Its about if a player is Usefull or Useless for the team and this is Time specific.. therefor some players are more close on the To get rid off or more on the Keep for good... the world is grey and unfortunately some of our guys too

My position is that I like every member of the Habs until they go to another team. Exceptions to this rule do occur:

EG: Chezecauski, Berezin, Traverse, Murray Baron(especially Murray Baron) who I wanted to get rid of ASAP

Dags doesnt fall into this category, IMHO, because I think he really wants to be in MTL and is trying his best to stay.

And, there are a few that I still liked after they left MTL Chelios, Robinson, Quintal.

I'm not eager to trade anyone right now as I think all will be well when a few injuries have healed. Any team with the injuries and suspensions we had would have had problems

Originally posted by PMAC

My position is that I like every member of the Habs until they go to another team. Exceptions to this rule do occur:

EG: Chezecauski, Berezin, Traverse, Murray Baron(especially Murray Baron) who I wanted to get rid of ASAP

Dags doesnt fall into this category, IMHO, because I think he really wants to be in MTL and is trying his best to stay.

And, there are a few that I still liked after they left MTL Chelios, Robinson, Quintal.

I'm not eager to trade anyone right now as I think all will be well when a few injuries have healed. Any team with the injuries and suspensions we had would have had problems

Well said PMAC.

I'd like to add Richer and Claude Lemieux to that "liked after the habs" list of players. :/)

Originally posted by CoRvInA

Whats with this childish Yapping... this aint politics nor if you smoke or not... these things aint Black or white.. So much in this life is grey! it aint also about if you like them or not... Its about if a player is Usefull or Useless for the team and this is Time specific.. therefor some players are more close on the To get rid off or more on the Keep for good... the world is grey and unfortunately some of our guys too

I accept that there is a grey area and welcome intelligent arguments for or against a player being traded.

This topic is my plea to those who look at a player underachieving and saying "Get rid of him!" and then doing a complete 180 when that same player does well. "You can't get rid of him! He's doing so well!!!"

Personally, I want someone to have high trade value when they leave town, cause it usually means someone good is coming in. But that could just be me.

Buy low, sell high. There's no point in trading a struggling player for the proverbial bag of pucks.

Originally posted by marky_and_komi

sundstrom won't finish the season in mtl

don't need that overpaid 4thliner

He is likely the best defensive forward on the team in terms of shutting down a specific player or line, and can chip in offensively, he is consistent and doesn't usually have a bad game. He's a safe reliable player, I don't think there would be a need to move him especially with lots of cap room in Montreal.

Originally posted by Trizzak
Originally posted by CoRvInA

I accept that there is a grey area and welcome intelligent arguments for or against a player being traded.

This topic is my plea to those who look at a player underachieving and saying "Get rid of him!" and then doing a complete 180 when that same player does well. "You can't get rid of him! He's doing so well!!!"

Personally, I want someone to have high trade value when they leave town, cause it usually means someone good is coming in. But that could just be me.

I understand trizzac ... and my aplogies for seeming to harsh (over reacted myself) i agree with you fully ... positive thinking is whats needed... it pains my Nuts to see how miserably our players are treated on sites such as RDS I rarely even click on any of their comments .. its like some Psychiatric treatment clinic for anger management or release .. 99% of them Garage non productive criticism uncalled for and idiotic

We should be more positive without losing objectiveness... still its hasnt been determined how much harm or good ranting sites do to teams ... for if players like Laraque and Latendresse amoung others contribute to those sites therefore they must at least sometimes read the comments!

Hail our Glorieux!

Buy low, sell high. There's no point in trading a struggling player for the proverbial bag of pucks.

True, but should said struggling player be given a roster spot over a younger player? In the cases of Dagenais and Streit, I would say no.

As for the entire Ribs thing..well. I'm indifferent, for now he's an adequate second line playmaker. I'm tired of all the whining - trade him for said player, said player, blah blah blah. If Gainey finds a deal that will net an upgrade, trust me, he'll do it. But running a player out of town is pointless.

Originally posted by smon

True, but should said struggling player be given a roster spot over a younger player? In the cases of Dagenais and Streit, I would say no.

I would say that 3 goals in 2 games validates CJ's decision to give him the ice time. And in Steit's case we didnt have any other Dman except Cote

Bring in some damn muscle- When are we going to get Ivanans or Vandy ....At this point Worrell(who is palying in the echl) looks good to me. You can't tell me a guy like Ribs or Pleks wouldn't be happy with some protection!!!:wall:

Originally posted by smon

I would say that 3 goals in 2 games validates CJ's decision to give him the ice time. And in Steit's case we didnt have any other Dman except Cote

Yes, but Julien also stuck with him during his prolonged and pathetic slumps. Hard to say whether he would have done as well had he been scratched for a few games, but I'd think it would have been motivation to play better.