Apr. 1st, Canadiens vs. Senators - 19h00 EDT

alfredoh2009

3 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

And I'll note that Mete and Romanov are +2 on the night so far.  Mete helped set up EVans and Perry for that third goal, too.

Ottawa not really playing crash/bang style tonight ... skating is Mete's forte ... and he is exploiting it 

12 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

When Staal is ready, do we move Evans to the wing on the 4th line?  Seems like he's playing too well to sit all of a sudden.  Then again, Byron and Lek are suddenly solid too.  Nice problem to have, when you can't find anyone who deserves to sit when you look at your lineup.

We play so many damn games, might be worth rotating. 

I missed most of the game, but I have a question.  In the last little while Habs have less penalties called against, especially the last 2 games.  Is it DD or just how games are being called or a result of the Tim Peel situation?

They really didn't need to push that hard to score a fifth one in the dying minutes, playing a bit more chill would have avoided a penalty and maybe retained the shutout for Allen.

However, the important things are the two points and a solid win to back up the one from Tuesday.

22 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

I missed most of the game, but I have a question.  In the last little while Habs have less penalties called against, especially the last 2 games.  Is it DD or just how games are being called or a result of the Tim Peel situation?

I think its DD.  As was mentioned by TomH i think, the team seems to be looking to strip the puck now instead of being physical on d.

4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I think its DD.  As was mentioned by TomH i think, the team seems to be looking to strip the puck now instead of being physical on d.

As much as I'd like to take credit 🙂 I think it might have been GHT.

9 minutes ago, Commandant said:

4 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

As much as I'd like to take credit 🙂 I think it might have been GHT.

It sounds like the type of absolutely BRILLIANT comment that I might make ... but don't think it was me

Kulak put 4 shots on net and looks like a different player next to Petry.

Nice to see Evans with a bit of giddy up, creating stuff in the offensive zone and had 4 shots also. :clap:

9 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Nice win, Calgary and Vancouver are looking farther and farther away and Winnipeg, Edmonton are looking much closer. Maybe a bit early but what matchup would you like to see for the Habs in the first round? 

I want 2nd place and Montreal vs Winnipeg.

Connor McDavid in a 7 game series scares me. 

7 hours ago, Commandant said:

... As for Byron.  That contract wont be fixed by a four or five game stretch 

Somebody could go nuts and hire Mike Milbury.
;)

7 hours ago, Commandant said:

Frolik looked ok.  Hes a fourth line guy at this stage of his career though ...

Definitely ... and likely not every night ... but he could fill a 13th forward-type role

8 hours ago, Commandant said:

I want 2nd place and Montreal vs Winnipeg.

Connor McDavid in a 7 game series scares me. 

While McDavid and Draisaitl are scary ...but 7 games of Connor Hellebuyck also scares me ... not to mention  Scheifele/Dubois/Stastny/Connor/Ehlers/Wheeler ...

No easy options ... unless Edmonton and Calgary go into permanent Covid-lockdown, the Habs catch TO and play Vancouver

Nice to see our boys come through with a convincing win last night! I was so pissed off when the Hens scored that late goal to rob Allen of that well deserved shutout! In any case, like many have said, the important thing is the two points and the fact that we kept the pressure on the hens throughout the game!

Nice to see Lehkonen and Evans doing well out there! They're working hard and it's paying off!

I hope the coaching staff has finally realized that they should NOT split up the Danault Line!

Lastly, I have to say i'm a little worried about Anderson. 2 goals in 17 games is not what I expected from him. I'd really like to see the Suzuki, Drouin, Anderson line go on tear and score many goals in the next couple of games!

30 minutes ago, Habsfan said:

... Lastly, I have to say i'm a little worried about Anderson. 2 goals in 17 games is not what I expected from him. I'd really like to see the Suzuki, Drouin, Anderson line go on tear and score many goals in the next couple of games!

With TT-PD-BG running cleanly, it may be time to mix&match the Suzuki and KK lines once Toffoli is back ... IMO, unless the Habs want to ride Perry on the third line (which would likely burn that candle at both ends)  the Habs could still use a solid 3rd line winger with a bit more offence than Armia/Byron/Lehkonin order for that line (regardless of who is the centre) to be a legit threat heading into the playoffs ... the ABL options just don't inspire confidence ... a 28-32 yr-old who can provide what Perry does now would be perfect.