what about BULIS

CoRvInA

i'm getting a little nervous with Bulis he creates alot and is a good 2 way forward but its like he is in a no mans land... if he were a little worse than he is now or hopefully better (like putting the blade to the puck) then I wouldnt mind... how can I explain .... he's like a 1st or 2nd linesman but doesnt finish .. but most of the times he's better than a thrid or 4th liner where he creates some good chances but doesnt have good enough linesmates to finish either .... anyone get my drift?

He reminds me of Rejean Houle (the player)....or as my brother used to call him Mr. GoalPost.....I remember when he used to play on a line with Marc Tardif.....he'd skate like crazy all over the ice and end up hitting the post while Tardif would just stand in front of the net, get the puck, shoot, score, and go back to the bench (with absolutely no celebration). Tardif had it, Houle and Bulis don't.

He creates chances and does good things with the puck. I think he will start getting some goals sooner or later. He's a third line guy that can move to the second or even first if need be. He does't look out of place on either of the top 2 lines other than the fact he doesn't score. I've got all the patience in the world for a guy like Bulis because he doesn't hurt the team by being out there. He's got the talent and works hard, he just needs time to get into the scoring groove. If he was a one dimensional player like Dags, then I'd be calling for his head but Bulis can help a lot more than by just scoring goals while a guy like Dags if he isn't scoring is actually detrimental to the team because of shitty defensive play and absolutely no physical play.

Originally posted by Mark Napier

He creates chances and does good things with the puck. I think he will start getting some goals sooner or later. He's a third line guy that can move to the second or even first if need be. He does't look out of place on either of the top 2 lines other than the fact he doesn't score. I've got all the patience in the world for a guy like Bulis because he doesn't hurt the team by being out there. He's got the talent and works hard, he just needs time to get into the scoring groove. If he was a one dimensional player like Dags, then I'd be calling for his head but Bulis can help a lot more than by just scoring goals while a guy like Dags if he isn't scoring is actually detrimental to the team because of shitty defensive play and absolutely no physical play.

I agree with almost everything you've said about Bulis... but do you really think it's a matter of time before he scores? This is his 8th NHL season! Let's face it: in the NHL, he's not a scorer, and never will be a scorer.

That being said, he's a valuable player to have on the team. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see him part of a deal at some point, because we seem to have a lot of good defensive forwards, both current and prospective. Bulis is quality, and you have to give quality to get it.

Originally posted by SoCalHab

He reminds me of Rejean Houle (the player)

He reminds me more of Petrov. great speed be always a bad decision with the puck...although petrov did score 20 goals..we'll never see that coming from bulis

[Edited on 2005/12/5 by marky_and_komi]

I really like Bulis' play. He is fast, intense, one of the more physical playing players on the team, defensively very good......an all around very complete player. It just baffles me many scoring chances he misses. He is the complete opposite of Dagenais. Still a very valuable asset to the team....he does everything but score (and those everythings are very important). I'd actually like to see him get more 2nd line time with Ribs and Ryder. I thought that was a pretty good match (if nothing else, it adds speed, grit and defensive play to a line that lacks it).

Originally posted by Mont Royale

I agree with almost everything you've said about Bulis... but do you really think it's a matter of time before he scores? This is his 8th NHL season! Let's face it: in the NHL, he's not a scorer, and never will be a scorer.

That being said, he's a valuable player to have on the team. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see him part of a deal at some point, because we seem to have a lot of good defensive forwards, both current and prospective. Bulis is quality, and you have to give quality to get it.

I mean it's a matter of time before he scoressomething. He's never going to be a 30 or 40 goal scorer, though I think he has the tools. He's just had such bad luck and luck either bad or good doesn't last forever. He's a 15-20 goal guy and that's where he'll be before the end of the season. He could have better numbers but he just lacks that certain something that good goal scorers have. Otherwise he's a great player a welcome addition to any team.

The problem for me is not Bulis's many qualities but the fact that he seems to lack the "killer instinct". He may be a terrific 2 way player but he seems to have little offensive awareness.

That and he thinks too much.

Either he is not well positioned to receive the rebound or he doesn't have the reflex to shoot the puck at the net when receiving a quick pass that creates a scoring chance.

Is it the result of a too long stint of the defensive lines? Is it inherent?

I don't know.

The only think I see is I would rather have a young guy with proven finishing skills (Perez) than a defensive minded forward on the first line.

After all, in this "new" NHL, we are seeing that it is as important to know how to play with the puck than know how to angle the puck carrier or cutting line passes.

Puck possesion and finishing is not only good for the offense... It helps the defense too...

Oh yeah he will score at least 15 goals this season.

And you guys are right he is missing that little touch in front of the net, but he rarely hurts the team. I enjoy every second Bulis is on the ice. But when he scores on a breakaway or 2 on 1 it is extra exciting because he gets about 4 or 5 a game but they rarely end up in the back of the net.

DONT TRADE BULIS

Put Bulis on with dags and rebiero.........Bulis can cover dags defensive play and dags can sit in front of the net to bury bulis goal posts. Dags is the only guy that sits infront and waits.....all the other habs float by the net and miss golden chances all the time ....it's so frustrating.......move ryder up to the first line and stick with it........zed is great but like someone posted earlier....it really seems he's in his own little world out there............dags in the right situation will get you goals and that's what we need right now......give him ice time with bulis.....

I don't think anyone talked about trading bulis.

I think his detractors are for putting him where he seems to belong...

On a third line.

After all, what's the problem with having a good third line? Bulis-Begin and a guy with a bit better finishing skills would make a great defensive minded line who can control the puck and have some great scoring chances.

As I explained to my girlfriend yesterday, line 1 and 2 mindset can be resumed as "You win a game by having one goal more than your opponent".

Line 3 and 4 are more oriented towards "You win a game by having your opponent score one goal less than you"

I just think Bulis fits better at the top of the "one less goal" line: the 3rd.

You know what boys, to be honest if we wanted bulis to become a goal scorer, i think the only place it would happen is in ottawa. I would never want to trade bulis, but i think if you lined him with havlat, he would wake up. Just my two cents

Originally posted by Redlight60

You know what boys, to be honest if we wanted bulis to become a goal scorer, i think the only place it would happen is in ottawa. I would never want to trade bulis, but i think if you lined him with havlat, he would wake up. Just my two cents

Well, I don't think he's sleeping now. But you're right, playing with top talent will help anybody's numbers. Havlat will more frequently set him up to put it in the open side of the net, like Begin did Saturday!

Bulis is a great player to have on your third line.Period.

His speed often brings the puck into the other teams end and he is excellent in his own zone.

I think that expecting him to be a great scorer just because he is really fast is unrealistic. I think that Bulis is a very good all around physical hockey player that has some sort of hand eye co-ordination problem. His offensive stick work is poor but thats not really what we need from him or every single player on the team.....nuff said.

:hlogo:forever

I think thats right... Hell it would great if he actually could stick to the third line and when needed pop in some goals imagine we had a 20 goal scorer third linesman? in theory thats what we intended Bonk and Bulis both should reach 20 goals.. with begin too ... has the makings of being the most dangerous third line in the league! if they could only heal the wounds and play 100%

Bulis is what Bulis is. A very fast, pretty physical player with not much offense. Maybe 10-15 goals a year. He should be on a line with begin and Murry or someone like that on the fourth line. Great speed and forechecking with this line. Plus he is a great penalty killer.

Bulis is actually pretty good offensively. He uses his body to protect the puck and it's hard to push him off it. His stickhandling is pretty good too. He definitely has potential to score (look at his stats last season in Czech Republic) but he's just been hitting too many posts and crossbars. Had half his posts gone in you guys would be calling him the best player on the team.

Defensively he is one of the best on the team. Him and Bégin are the ultimate PK duo. His speed makes him a weapon on the counter attack and he plays physically and with intensity. He's definitely a key asset to the team. To me Higgins will turn out to be like Bulis but a better scorer.