Habs interested in Sykora ?

CoRvInA

The rumour is that Burke does not want a contract coming back. He wants to get rid of him and get back a draft choice/futures/leather chair???? Looks like Burke is told to cut payroll where he can. $3.1 million bucks is a big chunk of change Sykora makes.

I just heard the same thing by Uncle Wilber that Leaf Lunch guy on the pregame for Leafs/Ducks game tonight. Now that pregame is over time to change the channel. Lets see...oh ya, 76'ers/timberwolve game tonight....

For the right price Sykora could solved some medium term holes with a scorer.

Living in TO (moved 10 years ago for work) I learned to make good trades. So here we go. Trade Murray for Sykora. Hell, I feel good if they throw a 1st draft choice I will include Dag.

I wouldn't trade one of our future top six wingers for Sykora, the Habs have wasted so many draft picks and that it would be a shame to trade them all away (or some of them) for Sykora who makes way too much money if you ask me.

On another note, man when is this guy going to be traded? If I were him right now I would be losing my mind trying to figure out what the hell is going on. Only Brian Burke does, no one else.

Edit: Typo

[Edited on 2005/12/13 by Tony]

Check this out...

Jean Lazure sends in the following: "Was just perusing my morning Journal this morning and came across this: Montreal GM Bob Gainey has offered D Sheldon Souray to Anaheim straight up for F Petr Sykora. The Journal wonders why either team would pull the trigger on this one, noting that the trade would leave the Habs pretty short on defence, while the Mighty Ducks are already trying to get rid of another $2M defencement, Sandis Ozolinsh."

http://spectorshockey.tripod.com/spectors_...de_rumours.html

Pretty dirty trade there!! WTF is Bob thinking...Probably just bullshit though!

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo: