Tatar - Danault - Gallagher

Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Toffoli

Perry - Suzuki - Anderson

Byron - Evans - Lehkonen

Kulak - Petry

Edmundson - Weber

Mete - Romanov 

Price / (Allen)

I'll check line-ups closer to game time, order of lines are my best guess based on how well KK has played recently and having his line start games

Starting line-pair in bold

Edited by alfredoh2009
  • Upvote 1

• alfredoh2009 changed the title to Apr. 3rd, Senators vs. Canadiens - 19h00 EDT

Top Habs, Toffoli & Petry are tied for 60th in NHL scoring.

Can the Habs win a cup with depth, or will they need to get (or develop) an elite forward before that ever happens?

9 minutes ago, DON said:

Top Habs, Toffoli & Petry are tied for 60th in NHL scoring.

Can the Habs win a cup with depth, or will they need to get (or develop) an elite forward before that ever happens?

Most recent Stanley Cup Champions (TBL, Caps, Hawks, Pens) have at least one elite forward; but there are exceptions

- Blues won in 18-19 with O'Reilly 49th in regular season PPG ... and Billington at .914 Sv% in the playoffs

- Kings won in 11-12 with Kopitar 30th in PPG ... and Quick with .946 Sv%

- Bruins won in 10-11 with Krejci 50th in PPG ... and Tim Thomas with a .940 Sv%

Toffoli is 39th in PPG ... so there would seem to be a chance ... especially if Price can be what we hope Price can be

6 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Most recent Stanley Cup Champions (TBL, Caps, Hawks, Pens) have at least one elite forward; but there are exceptions

- Blues won in 18-19 with O'Reilly 49th in regular season PPG ... and Billington at .914 Sv% in the playoffs

- Bruins won in 10-11 with Krejci 50th in PPG ... and Tim Thomas with a .940 Sv%

Toffoli is 39th in PPG ... so there would seem to be a chance ... especially if Price can be what we hope Price can be

what's that none sense about winning the Stanley Cup this year? Habs are not contenders yet! Just a streaky team just coming into its own.

Once the roster is set after the trade deadline, we will have a better idea; but I don't want to jinx them by talking about the cup too prematurely. Habs are missing an elite LD and the'll need healthy Toffoli, Gallagher and Petry to get through the first two rounds.

52 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

what's that none sense about winning the Stanley Cup this year? Habs are not contenders yet! Just a streaky team just coming into its own.

Once the roster is set after the trade deadline, we will have a better idea; but I don't want to jinx them by talking about the cup too prematurely. Habs are missing an elite LD and the'll need healthy Toffoli, Gallagher and Petry to get through the first two rounds.

Speculation, not prediction or expectation.

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

The issue is we don’t even have a Kopitar or O’Reilly.  I hope that Suzuki, or KK can be those type of players, but they aren’t there yet. Danault definitely isn’t in the same class, but at least he has been a LOT better lately.  Our strength is the depth on wing and I think that depth can overcome the lack of top PPG players.

Issue is the D. Petry has been very good, but is not Doughty or Peitrangelo good and Weber is clearly showing age and decline - not quite the Seabrook cliff drop (who IMO was a good top pairing D, but Keith made him look better than he was), but he is no longer the best Dman on the team.  I really hope we pick up a top LD, but it’s going to cost more than a Byron, Armia or Lekhonan. Unfortunately, I don’t think that Ekholm is still available now.

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Speculation, not prediction or expectation.

Ahhhh, ok. Didn't see the speculation emoji... ;)

image.png

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I heard on the radio that Toffoli is a game time decision

Ill update the lines closer to the start of the game 

Go Habs Go!

13 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I could see him slot in perrys spot and perry drop to the 4th.

I heard Evans had a great game Thursday night.  If he keeps playing well, do you really sit him?  Or do you sit someone like Byron and have both Evans and Staal play by having 2 C's on the 4th line?

47 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

I heard Evans had a great game Thursday night.  If he keeps playing well, do you really sit him?  Or do you sit someone like Byron and have both Evans and Staal play by having 2 C's on the 4th line?

If Staal slots in for Perry...

Perry bumps one of Byron/Lehkonen

and you keep Evans as fourth line C.

The Suzuki line would be the one with 2 Cs.  and because Staal is LH and Suzuki RH, they can flip on faceoffs to literally always take draws on their strong side.

• Upvote 1

On 4/2/2021 at 3:30 PM, Commandant said:

I'm fine with Toffoli sitting until healthy. 

Don't rush him back. 

5 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I heard on the radio that Toffoli is a game time decision...

If he is truly a game time decision then personally I would sit him for another game ... wait until you know that, barring something unexpected, he can play

Darn it! Updating the lineup from the phone sucks. I’ll fix it before puck drop to keep the streak going 

Edited by alfredoh2009
Fixed

I hope to see the boys in attack mode again tonight; aggressive forecheck, score more than 3 goals.  It's about time we use the Sens the way some of our rivals have this season: as a stats-padding springboard to a winning streak.