Theo's first meeting with the press

TheAussiePosse

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/actualites/artic...03,421306.shtml

For French

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=53...251&hubName=nhl

For English

LAVAL, Que. (CP) - Montreal Canadiens star goalie Jose Theodore says he'll be able to concentrate on his hockey career despite the legal problems reportedly faced by close family members.

``I'm not involved, I'm just training hard to play hockey,'' Theodore said Monday at his first news conference since media reports last summer linked his father and four half-brothers with an alleged loansharking investigation.

``People talk and there have been a lot of articles written - not always truthful and not always fun - but I'm professional like everyone here. My job is to play hockey...and when I concentrate I don't think of anything else.''

Police said in July the all-star goaltender was ``currently not part of a criminal investigation.''

Media reports have said the investigation into the alleged ring is centred on his father, four half-brothers and 12 other people. But police have never confirmed the identities of the people arrested in June. The 17 suspects are scheduled to appear in court later this month.

Theodore's only previous comments about the incident came in a written statement issued June 20, in which he denied any involvement in the alleged ring.

``I ask you not to pass judgment until all the facts are revealed,'' he wrote.

On Monday, Theodore reiterated his plans to remain in Montreal and believes fans will support him and the team as long as they win games.

``If the team wins and I perform well, people will be happy,'' he said as the Canadiens gathered just north of Montreal for their annual golf tournament.

Theodore said he continues to support his family, but refused to discuss details of the investigation.

Theodore said he trained hard in the off-season and can't wait for the regular season to start.

Grilled also about published photos that showed him with members of the Hells Angels, Theodore said he's more cautious now than when the photos were taken several years ago.

``These are things that come with my fame,'' he said.

``When you're young you don't have the same judgment as today. These photos were taken five to six years ago. I learn from experience. But I'm not perfect and I will make more errors in the future.''

Team officials said the situation with Theodore hasn't been easy.

Owner George Gillett said he was surprised to hear about the allegations against Theodore's family. But he said he believes in the judicial process and will wait to see what really happened.

The Habs' training camp opens Thursday.

Invited players will undergo physical and medical examinations.

The team's regular season starts Oct. 9 against the Senators in Ottawa

Nothing too new, but still good to see he is OK.

I hope THN is happy now (Perviously quoted as saying "Oh, to be at Theodore's first press conference". Nothing's wrong, nothing was ever wrong. Any questions?)