Comrie on the block?

Habs77

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=53311

Report: Comrie renews trade request

TSN.ca Staff

9/9/2003

The Edmonton Oilers have refused to confirm or deny that forward Mike Comrie has renewed his request to be traded.  

Following reports from an Edmonton television station that Comrie has asked the Oilers to trade him, general manager Kevin Lowe did little to quell the speculation, saying "expect the unexpected".

Comrie's agent Rich Winter also did little to diffuse the speculation.  

"My only comment is that we continue dialogue with the Oilers," he told the Edmonton Sun. "These issues are made more complex by the local situation."

Comrie's future with the Oilers first came to light during the NHL Entry Draft this past June in Nashville when speculation had him going to the Ottawa Senators in a possible trade.  

Comrie had 20 goals and 51 points last season despite missing 13 games with a broken thumb. However, the Edmonton native was singled out for criticism following the Oilers playoff loss to the Dallas Stars.

Not the physical type of player we need, but still a very talented guy with tons of heart... I wonder where he'll go, if anywhere.

Comrie is a great guy, but I don't think we would need to acquire him.

I don't think he's a real first line center, but really a great second liner. Since we are already moving Higgins (which is a similar player to Comrie) to the wing, I don't see the need for him, even though he's a great player.

Smyth on the other hand would help us a lot more.

However, I think we have enough great kids coming in in the next 3 years, and I think we should give them a chance before acquiring other players.