April 7 Habs at Tranna Centre of the Universe Blue Turds 7:30 EST

Will Bergevin make a trade before the deadline?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Will Bergevin make a trade?

• Yes - something big like a LD
    • Yes - something small like a cap dump
    • No - We don't need nothing

1 hour ago, Pino10 said:

Julien -        18GP - 9w-5L- 4 OTL - 22 pts

Ducharme - 18GP - 8W - 5L 5 OTL - 21 pts

I see the improvement. After we lose in the first round can be finally rid of Bergeron and the rest of his buddies. 

I say: why not! 

These stats show clearly how the team has suffered in overtime and how it is the fault of the MB that the younger players are improving and the older players recently added are contributing

I also like how the Numbers show the correlation between injuries and point

production 

:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I say: why not! 

These stats show clearly how the team has suffered in overtime and how it is the fault of the MB that the younger players are improving and the older players recently added are contributing

I also like how the Numbers show the correlation between injuries and point

production 

:rolleyes:

Everyone has had injuries. Toronto lost friggin Matthews, who’s much better than anyone we have and they still managed to keep winning. 

we are lucky that we are in the really crappy a Canadian division with three teams that have almost zero chance of making the playoffs.

The forward group was significantly improved this off-season (even though we will don’t have a proven bona-fire top line centre), but basically we added more bottom pairing grunts on defence.  We can still do damage if get some friggin dmen that are built for today’s game, because we’ve got more depth on the wings. But I can’t see us go in g deep without a significant upgrade on the blue line.

5 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Everyone has had injuries. Toronto lost friggin Matthews, who’s much better than anyone we have and they still managed to keep winning. 

we are lucky that we are in the really crappy a Canadian division with three teams that have almost zero chance of making the playoffs.

The forward group was significantly improved this off-season (even though we will don’t have a proven bona-fire top line centre), but basically we added more bottom pairing grunts on defence.  We can still do damage if get some friggin dmen that are built for today’s game, because we’ve got more depth on the wings. But I can’t see us go in g deep without a significant upgrade on the blue line.

I agree with you, I forgot to add the sarcastic emoji 

I think Pino10 was trolling us

The numbers he showed are meaningless without context

We had great effort but we were beaten by a better team. 

The second leaf goal was a lucky deflection off of Mete’s skate. Without that who knows what would have happened. 

At the end of the day this game did expose our weaknesses on defence and we have seen this weakness exposed before- I hope Bergevin addresses this. 

What needs to be done to get Drouin going? He was great for a while but he has sucked eggs for several games now. I’d rather put Lehkonen with Staal and Toffoli at this point. 

7 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

... how it is the fault of the MB that the younger players are improving and the older players recently added are contributing ...

The fault of Bergevin is deciding the re-tool is "done" and ready to go "all-in" (Anderson, Toffoli and Perry) when the forward corps is built on two young centres who are still a year or two from being able to perform at the level commensurate with expectations ... MB and Habs are expecting more out of KK and Suzuki then they are currently able to give consistently

7 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

The fault of Bergevin is deciding the re-tool is "done" and ready to go "all-in" (Anderson, Toffoli and Perry) when the forward corps is built on two young centres who are still a year or two from being able to perform at the level commensurate with expectations ... MB and Habs are expecting more out of KK and Suzuki then they are currently able to give consistently

Add in the fact that the veteran core is a year or 2 away from being useless and we have a problem. 

Bergevin needs to try and win now OR dump the core and try and win in 3 or 4 years with the new core. 

I vote for trying to win now and if we fail then dump our core and regroup. 

Go get that LD Bergevin 

7 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Well, Matthews is a top 5 player in NHL, he missed all of 3 games, still has 28g & 48pts, so WTF are you talking about?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

I was trying to be sarcastic on how those stats do not account for show Price playing much better, the team learning a new system and the power play coming back to respectability.

The numbers do not show anything of the foundational transformation of the team and the improved pace and structure.

I agree with @Prime Minister Koivu that MB is right to go all in

Edited by alfredoh2009

2 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Add in the fact that the veteran core is a year or 2 away from being useless and we have a problem. 

Bergevin needs to try and win now OR dump the core and try and win in 3 or 4 years with the new core. 

I vote for trying to win now and if we fail then dump our core and regroup. 

Go get that LD Bergevin 

The whole gamble of the “retool” was that there would be a window where the young players were coming on as impact players and the vets were still effective. 

I was sceptical all along about this, and I do suspect that it will prove the Achilles Heel of the whole enterprise. Imagine if we had the Weber of 3 or 4 years ago out there; it’d be another story. But we don’t.

That said, I think it’s working out better than I anticipated, mostly because MB was able to add so many impact pieces in the offseason. Although TO is consistently better than we are, who knows? Add that LD, as you say, and maybe it helps nudge us over the edge. It’s unlikely, but possible...

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I was trying to be sarcastic on how those stats do not account for show Price playing much better, the team learning a new system and the power play coming back to respectability.

The numbers do not show anything of the foundational transformation of the team and the improved pace and structure.

I know ... but while all you said, or didn't say, or meant is all true the fault remains ... very difficult to successfully "go for it" with a 2nd and 3rd year centre unless they are Crosby or McDavid ...

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

I know ... but while all you said, or didn't say, or meant is all true the fault remains ... very difficult to successfully "go for it" with a 2nd and 3rd year centre unless they are Crosby or McDavid ...

Centre is a weakness due to inexperience so the strategy is to make up for it with really strong winger depth and hopefully really strong defensive depth too. 

Will it be enough?

On 3/19/2021 at 9:49 PM, sbhatt said:

I sincerely hope those 3 are gone next season....and they can take Tatar with them.

4 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I agree with you, I forgot to add the sarcastic emoji 

I think Pino10 was trolling us

The numbers he showed are meaningless without context

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

• Upvote 1

Disheartening game.  We can dominate a period and come away with nothing, but a team like Toronto will get a few goals from a stretch of dominance.  We haven't assembled the D corps to compete without the top tier offensive talent of other contenders.

I know we lost, but this was the first game when I felt like Allen was taking the starting job from Carey.  Would it have been this close with Price in nets?