George Gillett

MAK

I always thought that the Montreal Canadiens were class act team.

but after reading an article on mike komisarek, I can only say that it's the classiest team ever...and it starts with owner.

apparently, M. Gillet showed up komi's mom funeral last week along with Gainey.

I mean what other team would see that in?? well maybe a few. but the thing I mean to say is that I think M. is a class act guy.

remember when he brought donald audette's familly from dallas just in time to Donald play is first game has a habs.

thank you M. G

A class act, indeed.

Also, we shouldn't forget that Gillet has a lot to do with putting the Habs back on the right track, by putting up the money necessary (esp. in the pre-cap world) and more importantly, by putting the right people in place to run the team. Many blame Ronald Corey for the troubles before, so it makes sense to give credit to Gillet now. In spite of all the negative press (at the time) about an American owning les Canadiens, he may very well be their saviour.

at the time we were stuck with an american owner with the expos who was said the be the saviour. that's why people were doubtful when Gillet got the team.

all i have to say is that he'S done a terrific job so far

we're on the right track

Gillett seems to be a fan first a foremost. He really seems to enjoy owning an NHL team for the pleasure of it.

If there was an american to whom our public autorities had to loan money to help him finance the purchase of our hockey team, I'm glad it was him. :)

Yeah. I agree very classy by George and Bob.

Did anyone know that George often travels with the team?

When I was at the most recent habs Sabres and habs leafs games. We stayed at the same hotel as the players and sure enough George rode the bus with the team from Buffalo to Toronto. I asked him if he always does that and he says whenever he has the time he is always with the team. He is a great man, my dad and I met him in Ottawa when he was going around to all the Habs fans in the Corel centre and thanking them for their support. He even gave my dad and I tickets to a ranger’s game that year. He has made this team a contender again and I am proud that he is our team’s owner.

Komy was saying how pleased he had been with the CH enabling him to visit her mother every Sunday from the get go earlier on this season and of course, the fact that he could be by her side in the last few days meant so much to him.

She told him how proud she was of his achievment and how much she didn't like him missing games,........'' each game I will play will be for her'', he told to the camera.

He told us about Gillet and Gainey being at the funerail,......I was not surprised as both seems to have genuine class.

Yes, there is something very nice about this man Gillet,...I remember Doug Gilmour saying in a Torotonian newspaper how pleased he had been while playing for the CH and how different the Business atmosphere of playing for the Maple Leafs was in comparaison to the Familly atmosphere of playing for the Canadiens.......with all the veterans Habs hanging in and around the Montreal Organisation,.. the congeniality of it all.

George Gillet love's it this way,.. its a great fit.

Originally posted by les_glorieux

completely random comment: i was reading the article in the gazette about komi, and it said that he turns 24 on the 19th of january, i turn 19 on the 24th of january. :o

My birthday is the 25th of January LOL

And yes, class act by the Canadiens! :hlogo:

Another Gillett story:

my brother was having trouble getting answers in regards to some Habs promotional cards he was trying to get. He sent off an email complaining to the Habs.

My brother receives a personal call from Mr. Gillett himslf, apologising and explaing that the Habs were having some marketing problems. The owner of the most storied franchise in hockey then offered my brother 2 FREE tickets to a Habs game the next time he would be in Montreal.

Classy and down to earth man.

:)

Originally posted by TheBigRedC

completely random comment: i was reading the article in the gazette about komi, and it said that he turns 24 on the 19th of january, i turn 19 on the 24th of january. :o

And I beat you both, date-wise & year-wise... mine's on the 22nd of January, 1950. :o

kudos to the man...i am happy to read of these good things being said that i was mostly unaware of, but that's the opposite of harold ballard and makes me feel good for les habitants. it also bodes well for us attracting players here (now if we could just get some of the media guys here to relax a little bit)

Originally posted by shortcat1
Originally posted by TheBigRedC

And I beat you both, date-wise & year-wise... mine's on the 22nd of January, 1950. :o

wow, someone who actually saw the rocket playing:bow:

:lol:

HEAR YE HEAR YEE

ONE SUGGESTION from the CorV... or better yet a Petition here ... I Say we all gather for a congratulation card of some sorts to Mr Gillet and write down some cheers , greetings and thanks for what he's done so far to our team and wish him more succes in the time to come! We could easily send an Electronic Card of some sorts from Habsworld fans with a few comments and thanks to George Gillet and signed by us all! and actually send it to him??? WHAT YA SAY???

:ghg: