Jets @ Habs, April 8th at 7:00 pm

Commandant

7 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I was merely pointing out that there are deficiencies in both the small guy and big guy who are the two options on the left side. 

And I won’t disagree with that!

2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

How do we not have about 4 goals?

I think we went over this after yesterday's loss.  Lack of finish is a constant with this team, and I will argue til I am blue in the face that shots alone are not the be-all-end-all when you don't finish on at least 3 of them per game.

Just now, sbhatt said:

I think we went over this after yesterday's loss.  Lack of finish is a constant with this team, and I will argue til I am blue in the face that shots alone are not the be-all-end-all when you don't finish on at least 3 of them per game.

116 goals in 32 games.... the finish, on average, 3.222222 per game.

Hellebuyck has been outstanding tonight. 

20 minutes ago, Commandant said:

116 goals in 32 games.... the finish, on average, 3.222222 per game.

Hellebuyck has been outstanding tonight. 

Just need 1.222222 more goals tonight and we'll win this one! 🤪

2 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Has Allen not been pretty solid in the second and third? I didn't see the first so I can accept he sucked, but I'm not seeing it in the rest of the game.

He was outstanding in the third for sure. He looked really shaky to start though. 

There’s no way we can miss the playoffs right? 🙈

3 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

He was outstanding in the third for sure. He looked really shaky to start though. 

There’s no way we can miss the playoffs right? 🙈

We need the teams below us to continue to be pretty darned bad...we are a 'bubble team', after all.

36 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Has Allen not been pretty solid in the second and third? I didn't see the first so I can accept he sucked, but I'm not seeing it in the rest of the game.

He played much better in the second and third. 

46 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

We need the teams below us to continue to be pretty darned bad...we are a 'bubble team', after all.

I think that’s pretty much guaranteed. We wouldn’t even be a bubble team in the old Atlantic - can’t see us in the playoffs. In the Canadian division, we are now guaranteed, because the Flames and Canucks are worse than us and have too much ground to make up U think everyone knew that the Senators would be horrible, with zero chance of making the playoffs.

having said that, since all the Canadian teams have weaknesses, if we get a top pairing LD and our goalies actually play like they are being paid, we can do some damage. I am tired of hoping our goalie stands on his head for us to win. The jets are kind of in the same boat in depending on goaltending, but they at least have a superstar centre and more elite talent. I also think they are the team to fear if they can upgrade their D.

Busy with the family, watched on PVR

On what I saw: Romanov had a rough night and Mete was exposed 

Petry had his usual one bad play and didn’t make it up by scoring

I loved KK’s game

If the team can grow out these two games, they will be good down the stretch. If they waiver and stink like the Flames, it will be time to break the core 

3 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Busy with the family, watched on PVR

On what I saw: Romanov had a rough night and Mete was exposed 

Petry had his usual one bad play and didn’t make it up by scoring

I loved KK’s game

If the team can grow out these two games, they will be good down the stretch. If they waiver and stink like the Flames, it will be time to break the core 

Mete was simply not physically strong enough to handle the big forwards. 

Perry leading forwards in TOI

KK was indeed great but he needs to start scoring 

10 hours ago, Commandant said:

Cant criticize Drouin's effort tonight.  Would like him or a linemate to finish now.

He works hard maybe 7 out of 10 games. He only played 12 minutes last night so maybe that’s the solution to his lazy ass? Don’t play him much so he has some energy?

Trade him to Columbus 

2 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Mete was simply not physically strong enough to handle the big forwards. 

Perry leading forwards in TOI

KK was indeed great but he needs to start scoring 

Mete is as good as Reilly was when he was with the club and in my potato head opinion he could be as good as Gohtisbehete was if he finds a club that plays him regularly

39 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Mete is as good as Reilly was when he was with the club and in my potato head opinion he could be as good as Gohtisbehete was if he finds a club that plays him regularly

Mete was so poor last night that he was benched in the third. 

I wish him well but I think last night’s loss coupled with Mete’s performance is going to get Bergevin to make a trade

6 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Petry had his usual one bad play 

Well, i would say, he again had several other terrible lazy plays, creating turnovers for no good reason.