Apr. 10, Laval vs Toronto, 3 PM

dlbalr

After a victory on Friday night, the Rocket will go for their second triumph in less than 24 hours as they take on the Marlies again this afternoon.  Vasili Demchenko is expected to make just his second start of the season in this one.

lav17_200-150x150.png

(Lines are from last game)

Blandisi - Poehling - Teasdale

Veilleux - Weal - Caufield

Lucchini - Dauphin - Harvey-Pinard

Verbeek - Hillis - Pezzetta

Schueneman - Brook
Bisson - Olofsson
LeGuerrier - Ouellet

Demchenko

tor16_200-150x150.png

(Lines are from last game)

Agostino - Kossila - Petan

Robertson - Der-Arguchintsev - McKenna

Chartier - Gaudet - Brazeau

Clune - Conrad - Green

Kivihalme - Liljegren

Kral - Rosen

Hoefenmayer - Hollowell

Woll

Puck drop is at 3 PM and can be seen on RDS.

3 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Game is also on the leaf network if you live near Toronto 

If Caufield plays great again, we gotta call him up

If anyone here gets Leafs TV, I'd be worried.  If you do, watch on mute.

I don't think Caufield will be recalled regardless of how well he does.  They don't have him quarantine for seven days to skate with Laval and then move him up after two games.  The earliest I think he comes up would be the final trip out West.  Having said that, I don't know how the four-recall rule is going to be applied this year or if it's going to be applied.  If it is, then maybe they do pull him up by Monday before that count comes into effect.

At 14:31 Clown (err Clune) got an interference penalty for a hit on Caufield  (see below) ... at 16:46 Pezzetta and Clune got fighting majors ... fill in the blanks ... Rocket players at least respect the kid

4-2 Laval wins

Caufield with the winning goal, off his skate

the kid has jam and seems not to be intimidated in the AHL, at least so far.

I would leave him in Laval and bring him up with the  black aces during the playoffs like Romanov did last year.

4 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

4-2 Laval wins

Caufield with the winning goal, off his skate

the kid has jam and seems not to be intimidated in the AHL, at least so far.

I would leave him in Laval and bring him up with the  black aces during the playoffs like Romanov did last year.

In the end, Tobie Paquette-Bisson got credit for the goal, his first in the AHL.

4-3 final after the Marlies pulled their goalie and scored a late one.

2 hours ago, GHT120 said:

At 14:31 Clown (err Clune) got an interference penalty for a hit on Caufield  (see below) ... at 16:46 Pezzetta and Clune got fighting majors ... fill in the blanks ... Rocket players at least respect the kid

This is my only hesitation on leaving Caufield in the AHL. The league has a long history of piece of shit goons/bums taking cheap shot on elite prospects.  I don’t favour fighting anymore (despite still enjoying watching that Habs-Nords 80’s playoff game with the bench clearing balls, amazing habs comeback, amazing forum atmosphere and the way better “na-na na-nah, na-na na-nah, hey, hey goodbye serenading - way better than the current stupid soccer Ole ole song - but I digress).  The concussion effects are real and indisputable despite the NHL having their head up their asses. Remember Scott in the Sabres pre-season game a number of years ago?  and MB traded for that bastard.  

As hypocritical as it makes me feel and sound, full props to Pezaatta and I hope the habs run Matthews and Marner in retaliation. I’d like to see Perry rag doll them. Hypocritical? Yes.  But I’m sick of having our skilled young players take dangerous cheap shots and the league do nothing. I remember the Bruins severely injuring and ruining Zednik’s career and tha friggin Chara almost get away with murder. In a perfect world, the NHL/AHL looks at the situation and throws the book for cheap shots other severe suspensions- regardless of whether the player was badly injured and not let the just let a very outcome determine how he severity of a suspension. I’d also say give players an automatic 5 games for fighting, hit from behind, or head shots to first offenders (instead of this principal point of contact crap), start doubling the suspensions after each repeat offense.  That would clean up the game and take cheap shots out of the game.

I don’t believe this code crap, or self policing works, but until the NHal gets their shit together, we need to protect out stars.

2 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

If Caufield didn’t have the puck he was  getting into open spots for prime scoring chances all game long. 

He is the real deal

I agree.  But I still wouldn’t rush him. Let him go through potential cold spells and goal-less games and deal with slumps and adversity without the pressure of the friggin habs media that will be writing about how goal Caufield hasn’t scored in 3 games.

2 hours ago, tomh009 said:

In the end, Tobie Paquette-Bisson got credit for the goal, his first in the AHL.

4-3 final after the Marlies pulled their goalie and scored a late one.

They've changed it to Caufield now with Paquette-Bisson and Veilleux getting the assists. https://theahl.com/stats/game-summary/1022577

:1banana:

So I don't know what's up with Laval's schedule this season, but apparently they have a game on the 15th, then the 18th, AND THEN NOTHING TIL THE 30TH.

So Caufield's getting called up after the 15th or 18th and joining the Habs on their road trip, right? 11 days of nothing but practice is way too long for him to not play. Heck, bring Poehling too if you can swing it cap-wise.

4 hours ago, Trizzak said:

So I don't know what's up with Laval's schedule this season, but apparently they have a game on the 15th, then the 18th, AND THEN NOTHING TIL THE 30TH.

So Caufield's getting called up after the 15th or 18th and joining the Habs on their road trip, right? 11 days of nothing but practice is way too long for him to not play. Heck, bring Poehling too if you can swing it cap-wise.

I expect they left a gap to allow rescheduling of COVID-cancelled games, but that hasn't been necessary for the Rocket.

I don't really think there is room for Poehling to get into a game with the Habs once Armia is back. Including Armia and Caufield (but not Gallagher) we'd have at least 14 forwards ahead of Poehling.

5 hours ago, Trizzak said:

It wouldn't shock me if Caufield was brought up on the trip but I wouldn't expect him to play right away.  Instead, he'd be on the taxi squad where he can at least take part in some practices, learn the system, etc. 

57 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

I expect they left a gap to allow rescheduling of COVID-cancelled games, but that hasn't been necessary for the Rocket.

I don't really think there is room for Poehling to get into a game with the Habs once Armia is back. Including Armia and Caufield (but not Gallagher) we'd have at least 14 forwards ahead of Poehling.

I could see him on the taxi squad.