Apr 12. Leafs vs Canadiens, 7PM

Trizzak

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

When the Habs blew about five top-notch chances to go up 4-2, I had a sinking feeling they were getting all set to find yet another way to lose. But no! Tatar with the EN goal and some gritty play in our own end sealed it.

You seem the play like this and you think, “where is this team on a regular basis?” Solid, determined, hard-nosed, not giving an inch, being creative, making smart, crisp plays. Will the real Montreal Canadiens please stand up??

I suppose this is the real Montreal canadiens. A mid level team with the depth and ability to turn it up sometimes.

1 minute ago, TurdBurglar said:

If you watch the leafs play-by-play, they may not shut up about it until next season.  I've heard the Leafs play-by-play guys praise the Leafs in the second round of the playoffs of which the Leafs didn't make.

Nothing in this world and I mean nothing would be more annoying than having to deal with Leaf fans if heaven forbid they won the cup. I might go into hiding for a year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BCHabnut said:

I suppose this is the real Montreal canadiens. A mid level team with the depth and ability to turn it up sometimes.

I think beating the Leafs -- while missing Price, Chiarot, Gallagher and Armia -- was very good. Apart from getting hemmed into the D-zone at times, they played very well. If they can play like this once the wounded are back in action, they can be a credible opponent to anyone in the league.

As CC just noted, will the real Montreal Canadiens pleas stand up?

2 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

I think that's pretty darn accurate. They can do damage in the playoffs but Price will have to get hot, Africa hot. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Nothing in this world and I mean nothing would be more annoying than having to deal with Leaf fans if heaven forbid they won the cup. I might go into hiding for a year. 

And you don't even live in Ontario!

• Like 1

I'm liking some of duscharmes coaching. I see a bit of the things I liked from Martin, MT, and julien. The puck support in the defensive zone like martin. There are way more pass options when guys aren't blowing the zone.  The first on puck like MT. Dont have to hit every time. The forecheck and neutral zone defensive positioning like Julien. 

Needed these two points to put some separation about the leafs. Hopefully we won’t here about the incredible win streak by Campbell any more - although I suppose now all the headlines about this game will be how Campbell finally lost a game🙄

nice to see Suzuki, Tartar and Anderson all score. Need to get the scoring by committee going again!

The win tonight is nice, but the 5 games left against the Flames will be key. If this team doesn't step on Calgary's neck then they'll spend the rest of the season looking behind them instead of ahead.

2 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

The win tonight is nice, but the 5 games left against the Flames will be key. If this team doesn't step on Calgary's neck then they'll spend the rest of the season looking behind them instead of ahead.

Well hopefully they won’t mail an it in like Edmonton did against the flames.

18 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Win 2 of those 5 and the flames are done.

1 hour ago, BCHabnut said:

I'm liking some of duscharmes coaching. I see a bit of the things I liked from Martin, MT, and julien. The puck support in the defensive zone like martin. There are way more pass options when guys aren't blowing the zone.  The first on puck like MT. Dont have to hit every time. The forecheck and neutral zone defensive positioning like Julien. 

If I knew what I was talking about I would add something here. 

18 minutes ago, Toronthab said:

If I knew what I was talking about I would add something here. 

I dont really either. Just what I think are observations from different coaching styles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BCHabnut said:

I dont really either. Just what I think are observations from different coaching styles.

I was just kidding and pretending to be modest which I'm very proud of because I also pretend to be funny. I'm very proud of that too in a humble way which sounds funny. 

On 4/13/2021 at 1:09 AM, Toronthab said:

I was just kidding and pretending to be modest which I'm very proud of because I also pretend to be funny. I'm very proud of that too in a humble way which sounds funny. 

😄