Nothing To Do With Anything

Trizzak

For all those posts that aren't worth making a thread about. Random thoughts? This is the place.

Insomnia...it's a bastard. I couldn't fall asleep at all last night, and finally dozed off sometime around 1 in the afternoon. This is really gonna screw up my already horrible sleep schedule.

I've got a 5-page essay to write... due at 11:30am today! That gives me 10 hours and a half.... but I need some sleep...

Guess I'll have to drink some pepsi (i don't "do" coffee) and get some toothpicks for my eyes.

Originally posted by Trizzak

Baby three toed sloths are so dumb that sometimes they will mistake thier own arms for tree branches, grab on to them while climbing and fall to thier deaths.

would a reasonable three toed sloth believe their arm was a tree branch?

should we judge this sloth against reasonable sloths or reasonable baby sloths?

but for this belief, would the sloth die?

do the sloth's parents have a duty to ensure that their child understands the difference between a limb and a branch? Does the sloth's teacher?

Am I going insane?

I can answer that last question with a solid maybe.

5:30 am and I'm not tired. ######ing insomnia.

I think we should have a Girls of Habsworld calender, that is, if there are actually 12 female Habs fans here.

I was just thinking about a thread about nothing and volia! Trizzak delivers. It feels like the Habs haven't played in a month :)

Originally posted by Macaskill

I've got a 5-page essay to write... due at 11:30am today! That gives me 10 hours and a half.... but I need some sleep...  

Guess I'll have to drink some pepsi (i don't "do" coffee) and get some toothpicks for my eyes.

I ended up passing out last night before I even had a chance to start... good thing I set my alarm for 8am before I blacked out...

Anywayz, just finished it up... an hour and a half for 1000 words... :D.

Only 3 pages though... *shrug*, it will have to do!

Originally posted by Macaskill

Hahaha, Girls of Habsworld...

and NO, my gf will not be participating. lol.

oh come on...

She can have her choice of month.

The Canadiens bikini is mandatory however

Originally posted by simonus

Baby three toed sloths are so dumb that sometimes they will mistake thier own arms for tree branches, grab on to them while climbing and fall to thier deaths.

do the sloth's parents have a duty to ensure that their child understands the difference between a limb and a branch? Does the sloth's teacher?

Am I going insane?

As you may one day have the pleasure to realize, the only objective/subjective test that applies is whatever rationalization the judge of sloths feels like using.

Come to think of it, forget the sloths altogether. That's a dead end. Best go after the deep pockets of the forest companies that failled to provide sloth safe trees.

[Edited on 2005/12/8 by Rooster]

Originally posted by TheBigRedC

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.

I can, if it's toasted... Beacause..

1) My toaster makes the outermost side of each slice of bread darker than the innermost side.

2) I always butter the darkest side as to make it less crunchy.

3) Thus, I kno that when i put the bread in the toaster, that I will be buttering the outermost sides of the slices placed in the toaster.

Fine then try this Mr. Smarty...If the swat team breaks down your door do they have to replace it later?

I rent, so it's technically not my door.

Originally posted by Rooster
Originally posted by simonus

Am I going insane?

As you may one day have the pleasure to realize, the only objective/subjective test that applies is whatever rationalization the judge of sloths feels like using.

Come to think of it, forget the sloths altogether. That's a dead end. Best go after the deep pockets of the forest companies that failled to provide sloth safe trees.

[Edited on 2005/12/8 by Rooster]

there are forest companies?

you can find a duty to the sloth from the forest company? Is there a special relationship? Aren't there a myriad of line-drawing problems?

Round 3: Can you get cornered in a round room?

Yea, if three guys closed in on you... they'd form a triangle... lol. No where to go.