Nothing To Do With Anything

Trizzak

:o

You must never touch the radio or watch MTV. That song was more overplayed then Hollaback Girl. And the lyrics were 10x more ridiculous.

Now that is debatable.

Case in point: "This shit is bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S."

Mr Sniper, your rebuttal...

You must never touch the radio or watch MTV. That song was more overplayed then Hollaback Girl. And the lyrics were 10x more ridiculous.

Only radio stations I listen to are rock stations, and most of the time I play CDs in my car. And I never watch MTV, it's too stupid.

"Mix your milk with my cocoa puff, milky, milky riiiiiiight."

Round 2!

Fight!

I see your "Mix your milk with my cocoa puff, milky, milky riiiiiiight."

and raise you a "Oooh, this my Shit , this my Shit"

Do note how grammatically incorrect this line is. It should be "Oooh, this IS my shit, this IS my shit."

Mr Sniper, you have the floor.

I see your "Mix your milk with my cocoa puff, milky, milky riiiiiiight."

and raise you a "Oooh, this my Shit , this my Shit"

Do note how grammatically incorrect this line is. It should be "Oooh, this IS my shit, this IS my shit."

Mr Sniper, you have the floor.

You're forgetting in hip hop and R&B, grammar doesn't apply. If you want bad grammar, then I'll hit you with an entire verse

"I drive these brothers crazy,

I do it on the daily,

They treat me really nicely,

They buy me all these ices.

Dolce & Gabbana,

Fendi and NaDonna

Karan, they be sharin'

All their money got me wearin' fly

Brother I ain't askin,

They say they love my ass ‘n,

Seven Jeans, True Religion's,

I say no, but they keep givin'

So I keep on takin'

And no I ain't taken

We can keep on datin'

I keep on demonstrating."

"I do it on the daily" makes no sense, a regular person would have no idea what "ices" are and "All their money got me wearin' fly" is an incomplete sentence. Fly what? They also seem to despise the suffix "-ing". Notice how almost every thing ends in "-in'" which is more of a grunt then something we can actually use.

And they should love her ass "in" not "'n". That can't be used for anything.

I'll claim my victory now so I can continue playing Twilight Princess. Thats right, I dropped a Zelda game for some added oomph. :P

Anyone else love the new Killers video Bones?

They're one of my favourite bands along with the Strokes, the Vines and Keane.

Only radio stations I listen to are rock stations, and most of the time I play CDs in my car. And I never watch MTV, it's too stupid.

You should check out MTV2, thats more your cup of tea. I got it now also, great music (yes music, and not programms like the normal MTV)

Yes BTH, the new Killers album is making more and more sence to me now.

Today i saw the kooks, drove 3,5 hour for 1 hour of music (they only have 1 album), and cuz some people were late i missed the pre-show. Now i feel sick of the Stroboscope!! Headache and sick.

You should check out MTV2, thats more your cup of tea. I got it now also, great music (yes music, and not programms like the normal MTV)

I meant I find the shows and the videos silly. I really have never seen the point of music videos. If I wanted to watch music, I'd go to a concert and see it in person.

I meant I find the shows and the videos silly. I really have never seen the point of music videos. If I wanted to watch music, I'd go to a concert and see it in person.

Yeah most of the time i watch a video once, want to see if it is any good, and whats it about. Most of the time i have MTV as a background. And if i hear a new song, that i like. I check out what band it is and get me the album...

rap videos are pointless

most commerical rock bands videos are pointless

coolest taped live performance I've seen in a video is a tie between Coldplay's Clocks (the lasers, dark lights and the water bottle) and U2's Sunday Bloody Sunday at Red Rocks in the rain, or for that matter at live Aid.

Two other great music videos I've seen are both U2 ones.

Electric Storm (william orbit mix) shot in black and white great imagery (if you've seen it you know what I'm talking about)

and All I want Is You also by U2. They're only seen in the video twice the rest its just actors (again if you've seen this video you, its pretty powerful imo)

You're forgetting in hip hop and R&B, grammar doesn't apply. If you want bad grammar, then I'll hit you with an entire verse

"I drive these brothers crazy,

I do it on the daily,

They treat me really nicely,

They buy me all these ices.

Dolce & Gabbana,

Fendi and NaDonna

Karan, they be sharin'

All their money got me wearin' fly

Brother I ain't askin,

They say they love my ass ‘n,

Seven Jeans, True Religion's,

I say no, but they keep givin'

So I keep on takin'

And no I ain't taken

We can keep on datin'

I keep on demonstrating."

"I do it on the daily" makes no sense, a regular person would have no idea what "ices" are and "All their money got me wearin' fly" is an incomplete sentence. Fly what? They also seem to despise the suffix "-ing". Notice how almost every thing ends in "-in'" which is more of a grunt then something we can actually use.

And they should love her ass "in" not "'n". That can't be used for anything.

I'll claim my victory now so I can continue playing Twilight Princess. Thats right, I dropped a Zelda game for some added oomph. :P

I concede

Here's the All I want is You video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KrNOicRecw

Red Rocks Sunday Bloody Sunday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_84AnlwAZ8Q

Live Aid:

Electric Storm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCQ8RiTT308

Clocks- Coldplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du6k1hJElqg

The Scientist- Coldplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcKQneIxOJI

Honourable Mention:

Franz Ferdinand L. Wells

Franz Ferdinand- Dark of the Matinee

(Mainly I like this song and video because they put Terry Wogan on the video HYSTERICAL!!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0VKZW62VR0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdzuYta0PcE

That's a link to the Vines cover of the Outkast song Ms Jackson. Basically they turn it from rap to a slow rock song. I think they did a great job.

And yes, the singer is insanely stoned but he's like that all the time so it's nothing new. :P

If I recall correctly, the original intent of music videos was to sell the image of bands to the fans in hopes of selling more music via visual appeal.

As for myself, I don't mind watching music videos of the bands I like, as I find most of them take an "arty" approach to the video. With that in mind, I don't care for most of the mainstream videos, as I find them to generally rather stupid/inept. Another cool thing about music videos is that it allows foreign fans a chance to "experience" the band.

dear lord he lost it out there!

man what was he thinking?? he must really struggling....still one of my favorites tough....

my question is....is the black guy going to apologize for racism too?? or that only works one way?

dear lord he lost it out there!

man what was he thinking?? he must really struggling....still one of my favorites tough....

my question is....is the black guy going to apologize for racism too?? or that only works one way?

Did you see his apology on Letterman last night? I guess Seinfeld set it all up, he looked really shaken up though. Felt bad for the guy, you know he's not actually a racist. It's on break.com if you want to check it out.

Did you see his apology on Letterman last night? I guess Seinfeld set it all up, he looked really shaken up though. Felt bad for the guy, you know he's not actually a racist. It's on break.com if you want to check it out.

yeah actually thats how i saw that he did something

who is that?

you?

I'll let answer that with this convo I had seconds ago with JLP

JLP Slacker: is that a pic of you?

Tristan Tapscott: yes

JLP Slacker: no shit?

Tristan Tapscott: entirely lacking of shit

and the shit, if you had been reading earlier, is in fact bananas. B-A-N-A-N-AS

and the shit, if you had been reading earlier, is in fact bananas. B-A-N-A-N-AS

yea i red on earlier...but fergie wins overall...

cool pic..very pearl jammish i find lol...dont know why

yea i red on earlier...but fergie wins overall...

cool pic..very pearl jammish i find lol...dont know why

actually, that's an homage to one of my favourite pictures of Maynard James Keenan of Tool.

I'll throw it up at some point too.