Nothing To Do With Anything

Trizzak

shootings happen. I can walk in the so called 'ghetto' and feel safe at night, that tells you something about Canada. In the US you'd be scared out of your mind because the society their has completely collapsed due to conservative thought or the racist white people.

anyway.

Another pet peeve of mine for Canada is that the National Media acts like one big city. Somebody gets shot anywhere in the country its national news. This is purely just a local story. The media is using this to prove to the population that Canada is falling apart, you can't go outside without getting raped, mugged or murdered. Seriously, national news and local news are depressing. I watched it for a week and I was afraid to go outside. CBC isn't like that, thank god, but the rest good grief are scare mongers. Sadly they've brain washed too many people in thinking that Canadian society is falling apart with violence. Um no its called a fetish for bad news. You are going to die of heart disease then you are of getting shot. If only the media cared about those problems more then a problem that's disappearing.

Drives me nuts. This is purely a local story that is now national news. pathetic.

Pierre, you do realize that you are every bit as close minded as the people you continually bitch about, right?

That's the problem with politics. It's not conservative thought or liberal thought that is the problem. The problem is the fact that both sides of the spectrum are more worried about bashing the other side and trying to gain power for the themselves than they are about what is best of the greater good. Unfortunately, no leader in the near future will be able to accomplish this, because neither side would support a candidate who doesn't two the party line hard enough.

This is purely a local story that is now national news. pathetic.

One or two people dead, yeah, a local story. 6 people dead, that's national news.

Pierre, you do realize that you are every bit as close minded as the people you continually bitch about, right?

That's the problem with politics. It's not conservative thought or liberal thought that is the problem. The problem is the fact that both sides of the spectrum are more worried about bashing the other side and trying to gain power for the themselves than they are about what is best of the greater good. Unfortunately, no leader in the near future will be able to accomplish this, because neither side would support a candidate who doesn't two the party line hard enough.

One or two people dead, yeah, a local story. 6 people dead, that's national news.

i'm an idealist, I hate the attacking from both sides. I don't vote because I hate one party over another, I vote for what it stands for, change, a movement.

Still I stand by the this as local story, if it happened in Saint Louis, it would not be on the Nightly News.

But the tabloid style media here will spin this as a "Canada is falling apart". Honestly I watched and read CTV for 2 weeks and I was depressed, I didn't want to go outside for fear of being murdered. That's what the media here does to you. They take one shooting and make it sound like its an epidemic. It's typical Canadian culture, can't be happy about anything, no, can't take pride in oneself.

honestly fanpuck its unbelievable up here especially on the ctv, global networks. Its like they're becoming the National Post was in the 90's when everyday they had some "Canada Sucks" article.

Nobody believes in actual statistics either, they're all "its all lies, I really know how bad it is out there"

Then the best hypocrisy is they hate the states, but oh no they're obsessed with the loonie vs. the american and then when its a good time to go shopping they make themselves look like idiots, just running to the border like some revolution has taken over and they're fleeing the country. Just to "shop". When in reality they aren't saving anything, the local border places raise their rates and you're helping the enemy according to them, america.

Still I stand by the this as local story, if it happened in Saint Louis, it would not be on the Nightly News.

Multiple deaths make national news. Half a dozen people were shot and killed a few weeks ago in Wisconsin or somewhere around there and it was national news. St. Louis, Wisconsin, it doesn't matter. It was national news.

I will never think of Dumbledore the same anymore. Remember at the end of OotP when Dumbledore locks Harry in his office and tells him how his mistake was that he "loved him too much"? I never realized how romantic those lessons in HBP were either. :P

And I'm now done Catch-22. Great book.

you got other books to read. Books with names/how to change when "it" shit "itselfs", how do i raise a kid, bla bla bla etc etc etc

;)

my girlfriend buys alot of magasines about pregnancy and she's more confused then ever. everybody tells her their intake on how to raise kids. most of the advices I've heard are bullshit.

you only need a little self confidence and everything will work out fine!

the only book I'll use will fof slapping him/her behind the head when he/she'll crash my car. :wall:

Shocking news : i just heard in The Simpsons, the comics book guy saying : I'm Jeff Albertson !!! I'm shocked !

hahaha on a regardé la meme chose, hier!!

I was shocked too.

my girlfriend buys alot of magasines about pregnancy and she's more confused then ever. everybody tells her their intake on how to raise kids. most of the advices I've heard are bullshit.

you only need a little self confidence and everything will work out fine!

the only book I'll use will fof slapping him/her behind the head when he/she'll crash my car. :wall:

now theirs a debate- striking your children-should it be allowed to discipline them? :unsure:

Edited by Killer Carlson

what took it so long! By this time usually on friday nights after my football games I'd turn on ESPN2 to see a Colorado State or Mountain West game and it was usually snowing. love it.

Eh, it's just about that time. Our first snowfall is usually just a little bit before Halloween, which is next week, so there you go. Last night was funny, one of my friends was actually complaining it was too early for snow.

It looks like it'll be gone by the end of today or tomorrow, it's really nice now.