Nothing To Do With Anything

Trizzak

Will buy my first ever Queen mattress today or thursday. Can't wait for it !!!

Make sure it can fit up the stairs! I found that out the hard way lol.

Cable companies are very sneaky. I do have one TV hooked up to a DVR (or PVR as I see most Canadians say), but in other rooms I still get basic cable and have VCRs hooked up. Both of them are now starting to go haywire. One keeps resetting its own time (over the weekend, I noticed it was off by a couple of hours and found out the VCR decided it was the year 2094) and the other one keeps spitting out the DVD try when the VCR starts recording. Apparently, because of the transition from analog to digital over the air signals, all VCRs now must have a digital input and no longer have an RF input. Who was a big supporter for the transition? Cable companies. They're pretty making VCRs completely obsolete, as you'll need a digital converter to be able to use the VCR to record. At that point, you might as well be renting a DVR instead of just a converter. How much longer will it be before they parlay this into forcing every TV in a home to have a box, as you have to do with a satellite dish company?

But apparently if you read the whole interview (and I didn't because that would take too much work) she actually said that she is going to write another book soon, but that it would not be a Potter book.

But apparently if you read the whole interview (and I didn't because that would take too much work) she actually said that she is going to write another book soon, but that it would not be a Potter book.

Yeah, I think it was something like she's working on a new non-Potter book right now and she'd be open to another Potter book in 10 years. Atleast thats what it said in the paper this morning.

Another Potter book could be anything though, The Tales of Beedle the Bard can be considered a Potter book. Like many fans, I'd be up for a prequel about when his mom and dad went to Hogwarts.

Yeah, I think it was something like she's working on a new non-Potter book right now and she'd be open to another Potter book in 10 years. Atleast thats what it said in the paper this morning.

Another Potter book could be anything though, The Tales of Beedle the Bard can be considered a Potter book. Like many fans, I'd be up for a prequel about when his mom and dad went to Hogwarts.

I thought that quote about "could be 10 years from now" was from a couple of years ago. She's said in the past though that she wouldn't rule out making another book, except that Harry wouldn't be the lead character. (Hopefully, it's not about the kids either.)

I'd guess it would be about James and Sirius causing mischief, remember that really short story she wrote about them? I think she's also mentioned the possibility of writing about them as well. I'd also like to see something about Dumbledore and Grindelwald.

I know she's working on two books ("political fantasy" and an "adult novel") but she seemed to be referring to HP when she said this. I really doubt it's a Beetle the Bard.

At the very least, it now seems very probable that one day there will be another HP novel. She used to say there was no way.

No, I know it won't be like Beedle the Bard. I'm just saying when she says she'll write a new Potter book then she probably just means it'll have something to do with the universe instead of Potter himself. You already know that though.

The 10 year thing they just included in the article in the paper this morning. Maybe they just used the old quote, I'm not sure. It better not be about the kids and their stupid, awkward names.

Whatever it is, I'll get super excited for a new HP (or other JK Rowling) book.

It would be hilarious if an 8th HP book comes out before the 5th ASOIAF book. :rolleyes:

Whatever it is, I'll get super excited for a new HP (or other JK Rowling) book.

It would be hilarious if an 8th HP book comes out before the 5th ASOIAF book. :rolleyes:

I should start reading those. They don't look that interesting to me but people keep telling me how good they are.

I should start reading those. They don't look that interesting to me but people keep telling me how good they are.

I thought you'd said you'd read them already.

Anyway, the series is awesome. Full of memorable characters, memorable lines of dialogue, memorable scenes - and the author is unafraid to kill off major characters which is really cool. He actually surprises you because you're so conditioned to thinking "Aw, it's okay, he'll find a way out of this" from all the other books/movies you know.

There is magic but not too much. It's mostly about the political side of the war. Swinging deals, double-crossing, outsmarting.

1st book was cool.

2nd book was better.

3rd book must be one of the best fantasy books ever written.

4th book was good but not great.

thing is... we've now been waiting for the 5th book for years, and there's no end to the series in sight. Martin keeps pushing back the date of publication and he'll likely die before he can finish the series. It's still worth reading just so that you can experience the awesomeness of A Storm of Swords (the third one).

I thought you'd said you'd read them already.

Anyway, the series is awesome. Full of memorable characters, memorable lines of dialogue, memorable scenes - and the author is unafraid to kill off major characters which is really cool. He actually surprises you because you're so conditioned to thinking "Aw, it's okay, he'll find a way out of this" from all the other books/movies you know.

There is magic but not too much. It's mostly about the political side of the war. Swinging deals, double-crossing, outsmarting.

1st book was cool.

2nd book was better.

3rd book must be one of the best fantasy books ever written.

4th book was good but not great.

thing is... we've now been waiting for the 5th book for years, and there's no end to the series in sight. Martin keeps pushing back the date of publication and he'll likely die before he can finish the series. It's still worth reading just so that you can experience the awesomeness of A Storm of Swords (the third one).

He lost interest and is writing other things now - and his publisher is furious about that.

Only read the first one. If they get better, I might have to go to the library.

He lost interest and is writing other things now - and his publisher is furious about that.

Thats actually pretty funny, if true.

Only read the first one. If they get better, I might have to go to the library.

Thats actually pretty funny, if true.

He keeps saying he's working on it, then comes back a while later saying he's scrapped a pile and is redoing a whole lot of it. A while back there were tons of rumours that he'd all but given up on it - it was too intricate for even him to follow anymore. I got a good laugh at that.

But he still says he's writing it. If he gets his head in the game, the 5th book should be able to come out soon. He keeps saying he's working on it...

But he still says he's writing it. If he gets his head in the game, the 5th book should be able to come out soon. He keeps saying he's working on it...

*snicker* You know very well he said the 5th book was going to come out YEARS ago. And of COURSE he still says he's writing it. That's the only way his publisher can't cut him loose and take him to court. Originally, the 5th book was supposed to come out almost directly after the 4th because he'd just written too much for one volume. In fact, I remember reading excerpts he'd posted somewhere - brief ones - and the characters that he was using. But then he came back later and started saying he was scrapping part after part because it wasn't good enough. Meanwhile, he's gone on to other projects. Personally, I think he's probably a bit of a loon.

He keeps saying he's working on it, then comes back a while later saying he's scrapped a pile and is redoing a whole lot of it. A while back there were tons of rumours that he'd all but given up on it - it was too intricate for even him to follow anymore. I got a good laugh at that.

Man, I can just picture a guy sitting at home with this huge story in front of him, totally confused and shouting "AH F*CK IT!" and just throwing it in the trash.

Sounds like Jeph Loeb's writing style except he scraps together endings so he can get paid! Zing!

Man, I can just picture a guy sitting at home with this huge story in front of him, totally confused and shouting "AH F*CK IT!" and just throwing it in the trash.

Sounds like Jeph Loeb's writing style except he scraps together endings so he can get paid! Zing!

And the twist to your last part is that he's suddenly interested in the comic world. LOLOL I guess he doesn't have to write as many words. :P

*snicker* You know very well he said the 5th book was going to come out YEARS ago. And of COURSE he still says he's writing it. That's the only way his publisher can't cut him loose and take him to court. Originally, the 5th book was supposed to come out almost directly after the 4th because he'd just written too much for one volume. In fact, I remember reading excerpts he'd posted somewhere - brief ones - and the characters that he was using. But then he came back later and started saying he was scrapping part after part because it wasn't good enough. Meanwhile, he's gone on to other projects. Personally, I think he's probably a bit of a loon.

I know. He originally intended for the book to come out after a 5 year jump in the storyline (so that all the kids have aged) but that didn't work and he had to start rewriting everything. Then he had too much material so he split the 4th book in two - half of the storylines are in Book 4 and then the other half will be in Book 5 (so even if Dance With Dragons ever comes out, it'll be a half-book). Then he keeps saying that he just finished writing a really good chapter or something or that he's more than half-way done. I believe that he's at least slowly getting through the book. I haven't lost all hope. I think it'll come out eventually. After this messy two-book thing finishes, he might be able to get his head back into it.

lol

I just checked his blog. Yesterday he said:

"All the little bits of paper have been dealt with, and my accountant has come and gone. Now the ball is in his park. The only thing left for me to do is write several whopping big checks, once he's crunched the numbers.

Yay! Another monkey off my back.

All I have to do now is write my script for the HBO series, finish editing the new Wild Cards book FORT FREAK, write up my version of the last Suvudu cage match so Jaime doesn't lose to Rand al'Thor, complete A DANCE WITH DRAGONS, review some of the latest audition tapes for the HBO show, approve some game art, respond to a dozen or so urgent emails and three score less urgent ones.

Oh, and do another interview in... uh... the phone is ringing.

Sorry. Gotta run."

He sounds busy - and notice how DWD is only in the middle of his priorities list.

If you haven't heard about the HBO series, check it out. Sean Bean has been cast as Ned Stark and there are some other relatively well-known names in the cast.

And the twist to your last part is that he's suddenly interested in the comic world. LOLOL I guess he doesn't have to write as many words. :P

I think the funniest part is despite my constant whining and bitching about him, I still continue to read The Hulk.

I'm FAR more interested in Tom Watson being the clubhouse co-leader.

I don't follow golf all that much but I do admit seeing Watson and Couples at the top caught my attention. As for Tiger, I couldn't care less - do we really need live updates on the sports stations every 15 minutes? He's back to golf, people are watching and all is right with the world as we know it; can we give the uber-coverage a rest already? :)