Nothing To Do With Anything

Trizzak

It's not like teachers will follow the kids 24/7. They have 2 full days + 5 evenings to speak whatever language they want.

Exactly, the teachers said they are just going to remind them of the rules. They won't get the strap or nothing

Right. I guess what's controversial about it is that this is during recess, where we think of people being able to talk to their friends however they want. In theory, this looks like a dictatorial overreach on the part of the school but in practice, I bet nothing will change. I went to a Jewish school where you had to wear a kippah. If you didn't wear one, the teacher told you to put it on. The next chance you got, it would be back in your pocket though and nothing bad would ever happen to you if you weren't wearing one. The language thing will probably be the same way.

"Did you hear that new Drake song?"

*teacher comes*

"Arrêtes de parler anglais!"

"Je m'excuse."

*teachers walks away*

"So as I was saying..."

That being said, I don't think the law is necessary at all and I would prefer if it didn't exist.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone remember the movie 'Cool Runnings' about the Jamaican bobsled team? Perhaps a sequel of sorts will need to be made, called 'Cool Icings.' Jamaica has applied for national federation status to the IIHF for the purposes of forming the Jamaican hockey team. They seem to naively think they can qualify for the 2014 Olympics but good on them for trying. It'll be interesting seeing them in the D3 or D2 championships if they get the program running.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20111208/sports/sports1.html

Right. I guess what's controversial about it is that this is during recess, where we think of people being able to talk to their friends however they want. In theory, this looks like a dictatorial overreach on the part of the school but in practice, I bet nothing will change. I went to a Jewish school where you had to wear a kippah. If you didn't wear one, the teacher told you to put it on. The next chance you got, it would be back in your pocket though and nothing bad would ever happen to you if you weren't wearing one. The language thing will probably be the same way.

"Did you hear that new Drake song?"

*teacher comes*

"Arrêtes de parler anglais!"

"Je m'excuse."

*teachers walks away*

"So as I was saying..."

That being said, I don't think the law is necessary at all and I would prefer if it didn't exist.

My high school was Collège Regina Assumpta in Montreal, french high school founded by nuns, everytime we spoke english outside of english class, we would get screamed at...

Anyone remember the movie 'Cool Runnings' about the Jamaican bobsled team? Perhaps a sequel of sorts will need to be made, called 'Cool Icings.' Jamaica has applied for national federation status to the IIHF for the purposes of forming the Jamaican hockey team. They seem to naively think they can qualify for the 2014 Olympics but good on them for trying. It'll be interesting seeing them in the D3 or D2 championships if they get the program running.

http://jamaica-glean...ts/sports1.html

Not only I remember it, but it is the only movie that ever made me cry. (I was very young...) At the end, when they walk their bob to the end line.

The other one that almost got me is Big Fish. (more recently).

P.S. I intentionaly didn't put the end of Cool Running in spoilers mode cuz.... cuz common'...

Not only I remember it, but it is the only movie that ever made me cry. (I was very young...) At the end, when they walk their bob to the end line.

The other one that almost got me is Big Fish. (more recently)

Then you've obviously never seen Field of Dreams. Making men cry since 1989.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm leaving for Future Shop on boxing day.

If I'm not back in 2 hours, use the flare gun.

Me and a couple guys are getting ready to head out at 4am to wait lol we have awesome lives.

Me and a couple guys are getting ready to head out at 4am to wait lol we have awesome lives.

I was able to get in, buy a camera and get out in 11 minutes. Paid right a the camera department cash.

A living miracle.

I was able to get in, buy a camera and get out in 11 minutes. Paid right a the camera department cash.

A living miracle.

Man thats good! My friend was going for a 42 inch tv so we ran straight to the back grabbed it and ran to the cash haha! No lollygagging. It was all business. haha

Last night, I saw 2001: A Space Odyssey projected on 70mm at the TIFF Lightbox in Toronto, far and away the most awesome theatre I've ever seen. I doubt I'm ever going to top the movie experience. That movie in its intended format at that place is just unmatchable.

Last night, I saw 2001: A Space Odyssey projected on 70mm at the TIFF Lightbox in Toronto, far and away the most awesome theatre I've ever seen. I doubt I'm ever going to top the movie experience. That movie in its intended format at that place is just unmatchable.

First time I watched that movie I couldn't walk straight after I was so confused hahaha

First time I watched that movie I couldn't walk straight after I was so confused hahaha

haha Try watching it on one of the best theatre screens in North America!

If it doesn't mess you up, then it wasn't any good.

Got my wisdom teeth pulled today. It was only covered by my plan if I did at my regular dentists office without being put under. Just a ton of freezing. But hearing the sound of them drill, and break the teeth really sucks.

I would definitely not be able to handle that.

Got my wisdom teeth pulled today. It was only covered by my plan if I did at my regular dentists office without being put under. Just a ton of freezing. But hearing the sound of them drill, and break the teeth really sucks.

!!!

I would never have done that while conscious. For mine, they drugged me, I fell asleep and woke up a few minutes later with my wisdom teeth gone. I half-woke up at one point and felt them pulling out one of teeth (slightly painful) but then I fell asleep again. Those drugs worked pretty awesomely.

But what happens next is the key part. I know people whose wounds got infected. It sounds terrible. For me, it was easy. My face didn't swell at all and I was barely in pain or bleeding after the first day.

I have epididymitis, was in the hospital for a few hours on Sunday. Condemned to bed rest all week. Which is fine because I can't walk anyway.

I would gladly trade this for that, Mike.

Edit: And for those who don't know what that is, basically a fancy word for infected testicle. Oh, and partial torsion. As in it started to twist but snapped back into place. Kind of like how when you twist a swing so it spins really fast.

I have epididymitis, was in the hospital for a few hours on Sunday. Condemned to bed rest all week. Which is fine because I can't walk anyway.

I would gladly trade this for that, Mike.

Edit: And for those who don't know what that is, basically a fancy word for infected testicle. Oh, and partial torsion. As in it started to twist but snapped back into place. Kind of like how when you twist a swing so it spins really fast.

How do you get that?

Usually if bacteria somehow leaks into the reproductive system and gets into the epididymis. It can be a result of STDs, urinary tract infection, something like that. Doctor wasn't sure how I got mine because I didn't have any of that. He said sometimes it can just happen but it's rare so I got unlucky there. Torsion is usually from any kind of trauma to the scrotes but can also just happen on its own. I got lucky it snapped back into place. As painful as it is now, if it didn't then they would've had to cut me open and pull the right one out since it would've been dead.

On antibiotics now. Outside of going to the hospital, I haven't left bed since I went to sleep Saturday night. Woke up Sunday in a tremendous amount of pain.

Usually if bacteria somehow leaks into the reproductive system and gets into the epididymis. It can be a result of STDs, urinary tract infection, something like that. Doctor wasn't sure how I got mine because I didn't have any of that. He said sometimes it can just happen but it's rare so I got unlucky there. Torsion is usually from any kind of trauma to the scrotes but can also just happen on its own. I got lucky it snapped back into place. As painful as it is now, if it didn't then they would've had to cut me open and pull the right one out since it would've been dead.

On antibiotics now. Outside of going to the hospital, I haven't left bed since I went to sleep Saturday night. Woke up Sunday in a tremendous amount of pain.

I've had a partially torqued testicle before. It was a constant, dull pain and I went to the hospital at 5:00 in the morning because I couldn't sleep.

I was told that if that dull pain ever becomes a sharp pain, I'd have 4 hours to get to a hospital before the testicle would need to be removed.

I've had a partially torqued testicle before. It was a constant, dull pain and I went to the hospital at 5:00 in the morning because I couldn't sleep.

I was told that if that dull pain ever becomes a sharp pain, I'd have 4 hours to get to a hospital before the testicle would need to be removed.

Yeah, I was told after 6 hours. The epi whatever thing I have gets confused with full torsion sometimes and they weren't sure so I had to have an ultrasound done on my sack (it had been 13 hours at that point so they were preparing me for the worst, lol).

It was embarrassing but the ultrasound tech was hot at least.