Nothing To Do With Anything

Trizzak

Great quote. Of course Howe will go down as one of the best ever players, but I never got to watch him play myself being born in 93. Who would you say emulates Howe best out of today's players? The vibe I always get is some awesome combo between Benn and Toews. A longevity of course that outlasts today's current wonder, Jagr. And to top it off could fight better than actually enforcer, fellas like Neil, and Domi. His personality with fans reminds me of an english Beliveau, although I know in that respect there's no direct comparison.

Who else makes up this beast of a hockey player?

Great quote. Of course Howe will go down as one of the best ever players, but I never got to watch him play myself being born in 93. Who would you say emulates Howe best out of today's players? The vibe I always get is some awesome combo between Benn and Toews. A longevity of course that outlasts today's current wonder, Jagr. And to top it off could fight better than actually enforcer, fellas like Neil, and Domi. His personality with fans reminds me of an english Beliveau, although I know in that respect there's no direct comparison.

Who else makes up this beast of a hockey player?

A young Messier was a 'beast' and cant argue with leadership, several cups and longevity also.

A young Messier was a 'beast' and cant argue with leadership, several cups and longevity also.

Yea Messier seems like a similar player for sure. Always known for his leadership. Funeral is today.. The support and love for Howe and his family has been pretty amazing in my opinion. Speaks to how important he was in and outside hockey.

• 9 months later...

So, I picked Gonzaga in my 1st ever bracket, just because I loved their name...

Hope they win so I can brag so damn much !!!

I think the first year I did a bracket, I had the winner.  (At the very least I won the HW pool that year...)  Since then, it has been downhill ever since.  I think my bracket this year was dead at precisely the moment I hit submit.

19 hours ago, DON said:

Is this Sergio Garcia's time to win Masters? or will Spieth walk away with it?

If there is a time for Garcia to win a Masters, indeed this is his'...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We're still a long way away from Mayweather - McGregor but this already feels like it's going to be the most hyped up dud in quite some time.  Let's call it what it is instead of a real fight - two ego maniacal headcases have agreed to be paid a ridiculous amount of money for an over glorified PR stunt.  I don't think it's really going to 'prove' much of anything.

32 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

We're still a long way away from Mayweather - McGregor but this already feels like it's going to be the most hyped up dud in quite some time.  Let's call it what it is instead of a real fight - two ego maniacal headcases have agreed to be paid a ridiculous amount of money for an over glorified PR stunt.  I don't think it's really going to 'prove' much of anything.

I totally agree.  In terms of sport, it's completely irrelevant.  In terms of entertainment though, I will most likely end up watching the fight.

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I have no idea why I clicked on an article about top chess players and how they lose so much weight in tournaments despite sitting the whole time but this actually turned out to be quite the interesting read: https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/27593253/why-grandmasters-magnus-carlsen-fabiano-caruana-lose-weight-playing-chess

• Like 1