Nothing To Do With Anything

Trizzak

Originally posted by simonus
Originally posted by Rooster
Originally posted by Trizzak

Baby three toed sloths are so dumb that sometimes they will mistake thier own arms for tree branches, grab on to them while climbing and fall to thier deaths.

would a reasonable three toed sloth believe their arm was a tree branch?

should we judge this sloth against reasonable sloths or reasonable baby sloths?

but for this belief, would the sloth die?

do the sloth's parents have a duty to ensure that their child understands the difference between a limb and a branch? Does the sloth's teacher?

Am I going insane?

As you may one day have the pleasure to realize, the only objective/subjective test that applies is whatever rationalization the judge of sloths feels like using.

Come to think of it, forget the sloths altogether. That's a dead end. Best go after the deep pockets of the forest companies that failled to provide sloth safe trees.

[Edited on 2005/12/8 by Rooster]

there are forest companies?

you can find a duty to the sloth from the forest company? Is there a special relationship? Aren't there a myriad of line-drawing problems?

Oh come now, forest companies -or logging companies- know that, within their tenures, they have limb confusing trees and that baby sloths live in the area. By keeping these death traps as is without any kind of warning to the sloths they solve the line drawing problem. Poor baby sloths, they never stood a chance against the negligence of these multinationals.

After carefull consideration I have come to the following conclusion...

GTA: San Andreas > GTA III > GTA Vice City

Resident Evil 4>>>>>>All

And I just beat Ocarina of Time for the 100th billion time yesterday. Now I'm starting my quest for beating Majora's Mask for the 100th billion time. But the GTA series is damn fine as well.

Originally posted by jetsniper

Resident Evil 4>>>>>>All

And I just beat Ocarina of Time for the 100th billion time yesterday. Now I'm starting my quest for beating Majora's Mask for the 100th billion time. But the GTA series is damn fine as well.

A Zelda fan! Yes! :/)

I have also beat Ocarina too many times. I will admit to never playing Majora's Mask though.

What do you think of the upcoming Twilight Princess?

Resident Evil 4>>>>>>All

A Zelda fan! Yes! :/)

I have also beat Ocarina too many times. I will admit to never playing Majora's Mask though.

What do you think of the upcoming Twilight Princess?

A-Freakin-Mazing

Stupid delay though, I should've been playing it for 2 weeks already :( I'm trying to tide myself over with OoT, Majora's Mask, A Link To The Past and The Minish Cap.

I love Zelda. My top 3 series would have to be

1)Legend of Zelda

2)Resident Evil

3)Metal Gear Solid

Oh come now, forest companies -or logging companies- know that, within their tenures, they have limb confusing trees and that baby sloths live in the area.  By keeping these death traps as is without any kind of warning to the sloths they solve the line drawing problem.  Poor baby sloths, they never stood a chance against the negligence of these multinationals.

maybe that makes sense to you crazy civilians! We common law folks have litagious restraint.

I need a Habs game so bad I even started to write a fake game thread in the Canadiens section pitting the Habs against the Leafs.

I didn't post it, but I came very close. That's how dire this situation is. Give me something Bob! A waiver acquisition! A minor league trade! SOMETHING! I NEED HABS NEWS!!

Oh come now, forest companies -or logging companies- know that, within their tenures, they have limb confusing trees and that baby sloths live in the area. By keeping these death traps as is without any kind of warning to the sloths they solve the line drawing problem. Poor baby sloths, they never stood a chance against the negligence of these multinationals.

maybe that makes sense to you crazy civilians! We common law folks have litagious restraint.

¸

well I don't know about you common law restrained folks as i didn't dwell on the question of torts and sloths while in England and kinda don't do torts or "law" in a corporate financing & acquisitions practice, but this crazy civilian kinda remembers something learned in first year some time back to the effect of an extra-contractual duty to abide by the rules of conduct which lie upon him, according to the circumstances, usage or law, so as not to cause injury to another. Kinda also remember some crazy judges of sloths saying that if you have a public space -like a forest for the sloths- you do have certain duties -like not allowing those limb confusing death trap trees around without any warning to slaughter those poor baby sloths- failing which you may be liable.

Won't someone please think of the sloths!!!!

No Wind Waker?

My bad, forgot Wind Waker. Traded it in over the summer and now I wish I didn't do that. Had to borrow it off my friend. That stupid sail boat is really tedious though.

I remember when I used to go crazy over those McDonald's hockey cards when I was around 12 but now I never go there anymore. Anyone remember the goalie masks from...97, I think. Or those Olympic coins from 98 that had all the hockey players on them?

Oh come now, forest companies -or logging companies- know that, within their tenures, they have limb confusing trees and that baby sloths live in the area.  By keeping these death traps as is without any kind of warning to the sloths they solve the line drawing problem.  Poor baby sloths, they never stood a chance against the negligence of these multinationals.

¸

well I don't know about you common law restrained folks as i didn't dwell on the question of torts and sloths while in England and kinda don't do torts or "law" in a corporate financing & acquisitions practice, but this crazy civilian kinda remembers something learned in first year some time back to the effect of an extra-contractual duty to abide by the rules of conduct which lie upon him, according to the circumstances, usage or law, so as not to cause injury to another. Kinda also remember some crazy judges of sloths saying that if you have a public space -like a forest for the sloths- you do have certain duties -like not allowing those limb confusing death trap trees around without any warning to slaughter those poor baby sloths- failing which you may be liable.

Won't someone please think of the sloths!!!!

assumption of risk :contract:

No Wind Waker?

My bad, forgot Wind Waker. Traded it in over the summer and now I wish I didn't do that. Had to borrow it off my friend. That stupid sail boat is really tedious though.

I remember when I used to go crazy over those McDonald's hockey cards when I was around 12 but now I never go there anymore. Anyone remember the goalie masks from...97, I think. Or those Olympic coins from 98 that had all the hockey players on them?

ay, wind waker kind of reminded me of the movie Waterworld.

Good in theory, but then you get out there and you realize "wow...that's a lot of water."

I had the Thibault mask from 97, never did get the coins though.

assumption of risk :contract:

Sloths can't validly assume risk. They are so dumb they mistake their limbs for branches of the tree they are climbing, remember:)

[Edited on 2005/12/10 by Rooster]

No Wind Waker?

ay, wind waker kind of reminded me of the movie Waterworld.

Good in theory, but then you get out there and you realize "wow...that's a lot of water."

I had the Thibault mask from 97, never did get the coins though.

Those masks were a bitch to hunt down but I eventually got them all. I think they're all packed away now except for the Roy one, obviously. I only got 2 or 3 of the coins but my dad bought me the entire set for christmas. Or my birthday, I don't quite remember.

Just got back from snowboarding... first time ever... quite sore/tired... lol

Advil kicking in, so ready for some good ol hockey tanight!

And Jets, you've really got to fix that sig... lol... You've traded Mr. Sakic... ;) (i kno i kno, you're a fan).

So who else has the Hiccups?

Well, I'm thinking of following the HWL trend and just posting my lineup. But my friend made this sig and I just like it so much.

And why the hell does Minny call you Poop Kid? That makes no sense....

Yea, it is a pretty nyce sig...

On the Minny topic... I have NO idea. I thought he was aiming it at Kaptain Kerp... because of the whole kitten thing...

*Shrug*