just thought a good one

Ckn5LI1UUAA63qU.jpg

• Upvote 2

DON    28

CkoeFOTUYAApF9K.jpg

Scotty Bowman

• Upvote 1

Meller93    122

Great quote. Of course Howe will go down as one of the best ever players, but I never got to watch him play myself being born in 93. Who would you say emulates Howe best out of today's players? The vibe I always get is some awesome combo between Benn and Toews. A longevity of course that outlasts today's current wonder, Jagr. And to top it off could fight better than actually enforcer, fellas like Neil, and Domi. His personality with fans reminds me of an english Beliveau, although I know in that respect there's no direct comparison.

Who else makes up this beast of a hockey player?

DON    28

Great quote. Of course Howe will go down as one of the best ever players, but I never got to watch him play myself being born in 93. Who would you say emulates Howe best out of today's players? The vibe I always get is some awesome combo between Benn and Toews. A longevity of course that outlasts today's current wonder, Jagr. And to top it off could fight better than actually enforcer, fellas like Neil, and Domi. His personality with fans reminds me of an english Beliveau, although I know in that respect there's no direct comparison.

Who else makes up this beast of a hockey player?

A young Messier was a 'beast' and cant argue with leadership, several cups and longevity also.

Meller93    122

A young Messier was a 'beast' and cant argue with leadership, several cups and longevity also.

Yea Messier seems like a similar player for sure. Always known for his leadership. Funeral is today.. The support and love for Howe and his family has been pretty amazing in my opinion. Speaks to how important he was in and outside hockey.

DON    28

Can the Irishman hold on till the 72nd hole today?

I kinda figure he will blow up early and that will be that for him.

JoeLassister    276

So, I picked Gonzaga in my 1st ever bracket, just because I loved their name...

Hope they win so I can brag so damn much !!!

dlbalr    674

I think the first year I did a bracket, I had the winner.  (At the very least I won the HW pool that year...)  Since then, it has been downhill ever since.  I think my bracket this year was dead at precisely the moment I hit submit.

DON    28

Is this Sergio Garcia's time to win Masters? or will Spieth walk away with it?

JoeLassister    276
19 hours ago, DON said:

Is this Sergio Garcia's time to win Masters? or will Spieth walk away with it?

If there is a time for Garcia to win a Masters, indeed this is his'...

dlbalr    674

We're still a long way away from Mayweather - McGregor but this already feels like it's going to be the most hyped up dud in quite some time.  Let's call it what it is instead of a real fight - two ego maniacal headcases have agreed to be paid a ridiculous amount of money for an over glorified PR stunt.  I don't think it's really going to 'prove' much of anything.

JoeLassister    276
32 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

We're still a long way away from Mayweather - McGregor but this already feels like it's going to be the most hyped up dud in quite some time.  Let's call it what it is instead of a real fight - two ego maniacal headcases have agreed to be paid a ridiculous amount of money for an over glorified PR stunt.  I don't think it's really going to 'prove' much of anything.

I totally agree.  In terms of sport, it's completely irrelevant.  In terms of entertainment though, I will most likely end up watching the fight.

Commandant    606

Mayweather is going to kill him.   Even if it goes to decision, its not going to be a close decision. He'll win 10 rounds minimum.