Nothing To Do With Anything

Trizzak

its too early to care about standings. Canucks haven't lost to a division rival this year. With the unbalanced schedule, that spells trouble for the division.

Colorado was .500 or better against every team in the division last year, it got us nowhere.

5-3 against the division champs. Try again.

And it's never too early to care about standings, Colorado got off to a slow start last season and we missed the playoffs by a point. "It's still early" should NEVER be an excuse because EVERY GAME COUNTS.

Funny. Now the indestructable Avs have their first home loss(another reason Jets can hate us even more)..... but I don't really care for that. Excellent effort by the Nucks tonight and if they can keep playing like this then it might be bad news for the rest of the teams in the west. I guess we'll see how the season goes but as long as the team is trying it's best, I'll be happy. Hopefully the rest of the Avs-Nucks games can be as exciting as tonights was. ;)

Funny. Now the indestructable Avs have their first home loss(another reason Jets can hate us even more)..... but I don't really care for that. Excellent effort by the Nucks tonight and if they can keep playing like this then it might be bad news for the rest of the teams in the west. I guess we'll see how the season goes but as long as the team is trying it's best, I'll be happy. Hopefully the rest of the Avs-Nucks games can be as exciting as tonights was. ;)

hehe I was wondering where you were...

That was a fun game and Vancouver once again proves the trade for Luongo was the right move. Cannucks get full credit for a hard fought win and it is hard for me to hate any team playing on the Canadian West Coast! Next time though...Watch out for those Avalanche. :hockey:

hehe I was wondering where you were...

That was a fun game and Vancouver once again proves the trade for Luongo was the right move. Cannucks get full credit for a hard fought win and it is hard for me to hate any team playing on the Canadian West Coast! Next time though...Watch out for those Avalanche. :hockey:

Yep, they got a great team. Hopefully we get the same result in the next 7 meetings which will keep Jets happy. :lol:

;)

its too early to care about standings. Canucks haven't lost to a division rival this year. With the unbalanced schedule, that spells trouble for the division.

Hmmmm..

Tell that to the Habs and Laughs since earlier victories would have made either make the playoffs.

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

Indestructable?

The Avs haven't played anywhere near their potential and we're still one of the best in the league right now. That's scary.

It would also be scary if the Nucks start playing like they did in the second half of last year. Will it happen? Highly unlikely but who knows.... ^_^

It would also be scary if the Nucks start playing like they did in the second half of last year. Will it happen? Highly unlikely but who knows.... ^_^

That wouldn't be scary. Maybe if you were decent now but you kind of need a healthy team.

That wouldn't be scary. Maybe if you were decent now but you kind of need a healthy team.

The injuries are just freakin bad luck. I'm just going to let this season unfold as it's meant to be as I see next year being our big year to compete at a high level if the organization plays it correctly. The Canucks finally have some talented young guys and their going to get their chance now and some of them are showing they can handle the NHL level now. Kesler keeps on improving, Hansen shows he belongs and Edler has been just great. Bourdon has had a pretty good season so far and we'll see how he handles himself in more NHL contests and Raymond just needs to bulk up a bit. He and Kes showed great chemistry in the pre-season but for some unknown reason AV didn't even put them together once during Raymonds stint.

This team still has all those pieces they had from last season and actually improved their depth and size. Yea, we're no Ottawa, Detroit or whatever with the flashy stuff and the studs all over the place that can score and play at the type of level those teams can. However this team has it's system and if the players buy into that system like last season, then they can be a scary team. Whether it happens or not remains to be seen.

Also another thing to note is how the Nucks played last game. I was stunned that they weren't dumping the puck in like they had in the previous games. They were playing a more puck possesion type of game. I think it was the province where AV was quoted as saying that with the three big guys on our D out, we'll be playing run and gun hockey so this shall be interesting how the players play this new system. Still lots of hockey to be played and shall be very interesting to see how things unfold in the very tough NW division.

End of rant. ;)

ugh every time I read who the Nordiques had I feel like throwing up. Sudin, Forsberg, Sakic.

Stupid Avs

why are you whining about, trading sundin was on of the best moves the Nords have ever made.

those stupid avs have won 2 cups since

Look..

1) If Quebec stayed, they would've been in the East. playing entirely different opponents giving entirely different results.

2) Montreal would've NEVER traded Patrick Roy to their number 1 rival

And those are only 2 major points, there is absolutely no reason to think Quebec would've won 2 Stanley Cups too. Somehow I don't think New Jersey would've traded the defending Conn Smythe winner inter-conference. The team you think would've done so well lost in 5 to the Rangers and looked like shit. Moving out West into a bigger market benefitted the franchise greatly, the Nordiques never would've been able to acquire Ray Bourque. Not to mention playing in a different conference would've skewered draft placement so say good bye to Alex Tanguay, Chris Drury, Milan Hejduk, Martin Skoula. They wouldn't of been able to afford Rob Blake.

So shut the hell up, you're bordering on trolling now.