Letter to Mr Gillet

CoRvInA

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've got HW's approval.

So who's going to organize everything? Me or Matt would, but we're pretty busy with things right now. It shouldnt be too difficult to get signatures and well-wishes together, and put them on a card... I dunno.

Just throw around some ideas...

Do you want to get him a big card? or just some regular one? How can we all sign it when we're all online and located in different parts of the world? (scanned signatures?) ....

Its a great idea though, everyone likes getting thank you cards. I'm sure Mr Gillett is no exception

Here would be my suggestion. Sticky this thread for an alotted time period giving the members a chance to sign up. Then, a Photoshop Master (there must be one out there) takes any Habsworld logos and such and creates a card design leaving areas for usernames/real names to be typed in.

Signatures would be pretty hard to do, and take much longer, but I suppose if some were so inclined they could scan their handwriting and send it to whomever is blessed with this arduous task.

I personally have no problem having "Trizzak - Tristan Tapscott" typed in. The only real signatures I see fit to definitely have on there would be the card designer and our beloved site administrator.

Just my two cents

Yea, I pretty much agree w/ everything Trizzak said on this one...

I'd say it would be kool to be able to scan the signature etc, but my guess is that most ppl don't actually have a scanner...

An Ideas for each person's signature would be to give what they want their "name" to be signed as... as well as maybe a font/color they'd like that name to appear in. Followed by a message (optional); once again with font/color choice.

37 votes yes (currently) but we still need a photoshop master or at least a talented amateur with time.

I figure 50 members written, then the generically ambiguous signing of "and many more" at the end would work.

That shows we're actually a popular site, and not Bob's grade 7 homework assignment.

YEAH!!!! YOUR THE MAN DARK!!!!

after adding our signatures you can add the 956 or whatever number that accounts of our members !!

gotta decide what we write on the letter also guys!

:ghg:

Originally posted by CoRvInA

YEAH!!!! YOUR THE MAN DARK!!!!

after adding our signatures you can add the 956 or whatever number that accounts of our members !!

gotta decide what we write on the letter also guys!

:ghg:

Just let me know which sigs and when. Do you want the letter included with the photoshopped image, or are we emailing it as an attachment with the letter in text?

I guess you can write the username of every HW member + their location.. since 100% of the vote was "YES I would sign a card letter..etc.."

Darkf, if you know how to copy&paste table columns from the Members list, it'd be easy to put the whole list.

Anyone dare to put out a rough draft of a letter here?

Might as well get some ideas going. It could be a personalized message straight from the site admins, or a general thank you from "the fans at Habsworld.net," and maybe a brief overview of what goes on here.

Awesome dark_faerie! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

As suggestions, I think the texte towards Gillet should reflect our appreciation of the MAN himself as we did get to know him a little better over the years, his ANTHOUSIASME he as for our beloved franshise and his GENUINE INTENTION of contributing at making it regain the hight level of performance this team as always been associated with in the past.

Hopefully the valiant persons in charge could used the momentum already in place toward Gillet to create an extra card toward Komisarek to express our support to the player that we all love to have in our team.

Depending on when the sendind will occur, all of this could be mixed and matched with the Christmas situation but it does not have to.

Hight five to the entrepreneurs involved....its great !

It's got to have a good joke in there 2, like..

"Don't worry, this isn't a petition"

Common, if you were "high up" and got a something with about 1000 signatures, some sort of petition would be your first thought.... I hope I haven't ruined the joke by explaining it... haha.

Originally posted by Macaskill

It's got to have a good joke in there 2, like..

"Don't worry, this isn't a petition"

Common, if you were "high up" and got a something with about 1000 signatures, some sort of petition would be your first thought.... I hope I haven't ruined the joke by explaining it... haha.

DUDE! It could be a petition to bring back the old Habs goal song!:king:

I don't know how or when you'll be able to do this but, of course, I'm in.

May I suggest that we do this on a more consistent basis. This idea could be used to express our wishes for a complete recovery for those who are injured, our condolences for cases like Mike Komisarek's and other things.

The possible problem with my suggestion is that it could become rather unwieldy in trying to do this more often for more occasions (birthdays, weddings, making the playoffs, winning playoff series, etc.)

One that would certainly be appropriate would go something like: "CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR STANLEY CUP VICTORY! LOOKING FORWARD TO 25 MORE!!!" :D

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Originally posted by Trizzak

Anyone dare to put out a rough draft of a letter here?

Might as well get some ideas going. It could be a personalized message straight from the site admins, or a general thank you from "the fans at Habsworld.net," and maybe a brief overview of what goes on here.

###### it, I'll start it off with macaskill and PB's suggestions.

Comments in [ ] are my commentary and not part of the letter. Feel free to edit or change completely.

Greeting Mr Gillet,

Don't worry, this isn't a petition. The below listed members of Habsworld.net (Us 50 few representing just under 1000) would like to thank you for your contributions towards building a team that we feel is regaining the high level of performance the Canadiens have always been associated with in the past. [Longwinded no doubt, but I'm doing this on no sleep, it's the best I've got.]

With nearly 1000 members from all over the world gathering together to discuss our beloved Canadiens, Habsworld.net is a growing community of fans discussing, debating, cheering and jeering all things Habs. [Hey, might as well plug the site]

Despite the team's recent troubles, most of the members are pleased with the overall direction the team is heading (and we suspect the few who aren't are covertly Maple Leaf fans) [a bold faced lie, but kind of funny] and we wish to show you our appreciation with this letter. Please keep up the great work!

GO HABS GO

*50 member names - real names (if desired) - country (if desired)