Letter to Mr Gillet

CoRvInA

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sure, I'm gonna post 3 times in a row.

Thanks to spathe's wizardry (and knowledge of The Matrix) I can safely say it was bar. He voted right after shortcat (who voted yes), you'll notice right after shortcat's post everyone starts yelling "who voted no?!?", and according to spathe he remembers the vote being 42 - 0 at one point which also puts bar's vote in the same area. He also didn't post in this thread.

Anyways, I have my 50 members (or 51 if dcaps is voted back onto the island) so if you guys want your real name on the card send it to me or post it here and I'll start putting all the info together.

This, of course, will mean approximately ###### ALL if we don't get a card designed. *slowly reaches for whip*

[Edited on 2005/12/15 by Trizzak]

Originally posted by Trizzak

I'm so sure, I'm gonna post 3 times in a row.

Thanks to spathe's wizardry (and knowledge of The Matrix) I can safely say it was bar. He voted right after shortcat (who voted yes), you'll notice right after shortcat's post everyone starts yelling "who voted no?!?", and according to spathe he remembers the vote being 42 - 0 at one point which also puts bar's vote in the same area. He also didn't post in this thread.

Anyways, I have my 50 members (or 51 if dcaps is voted back onto the island) so if you guys want your real name on the card send it to me or post it here and I'll start putting all the info together.

This, of course, will mean approximately ###### ALL if we don't get a card designed. *slowly reaches for whip*

[Edited on 2005/12/15 by Trizzak]

Hehe, sorry... I've been studying for exams all week. I will have it done for tomorrow. I'll have all of Friday evening to work on it.

Dark!!! sweet!

could someone please explain me why 51 or 87 people on the poll would be too much ... we should put a limit date for when the card is done YES that I agree ... no more names can be added then...

Originally posted by CoRvInA

Dark!!! sweet!

could someone please explain me why 51 or 87 people on the poll would be too much ... we should put a limit date for when the card is done YES that I agree ... no more names can be added then...

If we put 57 or 52 or 86.5 then it looks like only that number want to thank him, whereas saying 50 (representing 1000) looks much much better.

Okay! We are within days of completion. I've got a list of everyone who voted, with their locations (thank you spathe) so rest assured: IF YOU VOTED YOU WILL BE ON THE CARD.

So far Bulis_the_Habbie, HABS Fan Nr.1, JMMR, and one sexy individual with the nom de guerre Trizzak have posted or sent me their real names. If you want your real name on the card, either post it here, or send me a u2u.

Dark, not sure about the idea of the players profiles pictures. Also, it might be better to use less than possible copyrights stuff or anything distractive. Mr Gillett doesn't need to see the face of the players (especially since some of those players might be traded before he gets the card lol). What about a mountain /nice nature design, something more personnal. He's not a child. Just giving my opinion before it goes further. I'd not put the logo, since we don't have an official one yet. Only "HabsWorld - World Wide Habs Fans Community"

Keep going anyways, we'll have something good.

Originally posted by dark_faerie87

Here is a preliminary image. I plan on putting a border of Habs insignia and the HW logo around it, but this is what I have so far. How does everyone like it?

base1.png

It sucks. Bulis is next to Dagenais. :)

Originally posted by sakiqc

Dark, not sure about the idea of the players profiles pictures. Also, it might be better to use less than possible copyrights stuff or anything distractive. Mr Gillett doesn't need to see the face of the players (especially since some of those players might be traded before he gets the card lol). What about a mountain /nice nature design, something more personnal. He's not a child. Just giving my opinion before it goes further. I'd not put the logo, since we don't have an official one yet. Only "HabsWorld - World Wide Habs Fans Community"

Keep going anyways, we'll have something good.

Oh, I was going to put text saying "Thank you Mr. Gillet for helping to assemble this team." So you just want like a "generic" looking card?

Nice Dark in fact quite good...

But not too sure its the best idea for a card from us! and true the legal stuff might be a point there!!

now this is only a comment... and again I personally dont want to impose more labor intensive design on you ... but a letter more reflective of us the HabsWorld Fans might be pictured as follows...

what about something along the lines of a picture of the Earth on a dark space like background and the Habsworld rammed on it somehow... that sort of reflects all of us from everylikes and the Website and the names perhaps splat around perhaps?/

i dont really know just my 2 cents... but for sure I would Ok the one you have done now Dark if no time or no one else thinks it should be adjusted!

Good Job!

Originally posted by dark_faerie87

Okay, this is the "finished" version. Let me know what you all think. If this isn't at all what was meant, I can make something entirely different, I just need to know.

base3.png

Don't get me wrong, this is a nice job. But I'd see this more in a birthday party or as a certificate to someone who reachs 1000 posts. But for the owner of the Montreal Canadiens.. doesn't cut it. Yes, it has to be more "generical" like you said. Also, he didn't contribute directly to put those players in, and most of the people who signed aren't really happy with the current team. What we want is to thank him, not for the player, but for his presence and passion for the Habs, we want to tell him we're happy he's there and encourage/support him to continue and to tell him the Fans are behind him. It's not about the players..

I hope you get what I'm saying. Do you have other ideas? Let's think about something classy but still cool. humm

what about something along the lines of a picture of the Earth on a dark space like background and the Habsworld rammed on it somehow... that sort of reflects all of us from everylikes and the Website and the names perhaps splat around perhaps?/

wow, now that's something! is it possible? would you be able Dark?

Originally posted by sakiqc

wow, now that's something! is it possible? would you be able Dark?

Sure, I'll give that a whirl after supper. Seems like a cool idea.

Okay, here's an "Earth in deep space" concept idea. If Earth is too small, I can resize the rest of the image easily, but I decided larger would be better than smaller. Afterall, we do have 50 names to fit on it. Also, is there going to be some text writeup you want me to add?

base.png

[Edited on 2005/12/17 by dark_faerie87]

Originally posted by spathe

letter12yt.th.jpg

Here is my first attempt!

Pretty good. I guess we're forgetting about the 4 people who gave in their names.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie
Originally posted by spathe

letter12yt.th.jpg

Here is my first attempt!

Pretty good. I guess we're forgetting about the 4 people who gave in their names.

Thank you.

It is not the final letter text or final name list.

[Edited on 17/12/2005 by spathe]

To be honest, I mostly care about the writeup and names on the card, so conceptual design isn't where I'm one to throw in my two cents.

An update: I've contacted about 10 of the 50 members (as they've signed on Habsworld while I'm here) about getting their real names on the card. I've heard back from 5.

Once I get a fair number of responses (or I just lose my patience) for full names I'll pass the info on to spathe or sakiqc and they can do with it what they wish. I'll keep that info private between myself, the member, and the Habsworld admins, and won't post it publically (for those that need that assurance.)