Apr 16, Flames at Canadiens, 6:00 PM

tomh009

9 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

All three of our young centres will be a year older next year, though, so potentially a smaller problem than this year.

Yes, it is true they will have 1 more year of experience next year, but a potentially smaller problem is still a problem. 

It is unarguable at this point that picking up Anderson was a brilliant move.  However, the Habs could really use a C with more experience.  i.e. Domi.  In hindsight it seems like they probably should have given up other players or picks to get Anderson.

1 minute ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

However, the Habs could really use a C with more experience.  i.e. Domi.  In hindsight it seems like they probably should have given up other players or picks to get Anderson

I don't think he would have been happy playing 4C for the Habs. And I wouldn't want to play him ahead of any of our other three centres at this point.

3 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

I don't think he would have been happy playing 4C for the Habs. And I wouldn't want to play him ahead of any of our other three centres at this point.

You're right, and that is another part of the issue.  i.e. inexperience of the 2nd line C.  If they had kept Domi he should be 2nd C, or even 1st, because he's got more experience out of those 3. 

8 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Yes, it is true they will have 1 more year of experience next year, but a potentially smaller problem is still a problem. 

It is unarguable at this point that picking up Anderson was a brilliant move.  However, the Habs could really use a C with more experience.  i.e. Domi.  In hindsight it seems like they probably should have given up other players or picks to get Anderson.

Domi ? ? ?   ... he had an exceptional first season, regressed to his norm last season and is below his norm this season ... and no way Julien or DD play him ahead of Danault, KK or Suzuki ... so that is one expensive 4C ... plus, CBJ were looking for a centre and I don't think Poehling would have gotten he deal done

6 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

AGREED

Just now, Sir_Boagalott said:

You're right, and that is another part of the issue.  i.e. inexperience of the 2nd line C.  If they had kept Domi he should be 2nd C, or even 1st, because he's got more experience out of those 3. 

He has had one season of real success at centre, and has yet to repeat it ... centre may not even be his position ... no way (IMO) he is a 2C let alone a 1C

28 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

They’ll have a year more of experience, while Stall will be a year older. There should be some out-of-Buffalo improvement from Stall, but at this point in his career, he is going to decline further and not get significantly better.

56 minutes ago, habs#4,9,10,33 said:

Great game from Armia and Allen. Why are we playing so poorly all of a sudden? 

We havent matched up well with the flames all year.  Still this win and one more next week probably kills them off.

Weve got a similar record but weve played much better against the leafs than the flames.

Their d just seems to neutralize our attack by keeping it from the middle of the ice.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Hard to tell the Habs won from the posts 

seems like we are at the beginning of a streak !

Im glad we won. We needed this win. But it was hardly a convincing hang your hat on this team win.

35 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Im glad we won. We needed this win. But it was hardly a convincing hang your hat on this team win.

« a proof is a proof and when a proof is a proof it proves something » 

4 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

OMG 😆 

Funniest and most embarrassing thing ever spoken by a prime minister 

Chrétien had a few of those. He called the Secretary General of the UN “Goofy Anan.” Then there was the “for me, pepper, I put it on my plate” remark about the RCMP pepper-spraying demonstrators; he also told the House that pepper spray “is better than a baseball bat.” For all of that, he was a highly comptent and capable PM, unlike the succession of buffoons and duds that have succeeded him. God love him!

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Chrétien had a few of those. He called the Secretary General of the UN “Goofy Anan.” Then there was the “for me, pepper, I put it on my plate” remark about the RCMP pepper-spraying demonstrators; he also told the House that pepper spray “is better than a baseball bat.” For all of that, he was a highly comptent and capable PM, unlike the succession of buffoons and duds that have succeeded him. God love him!

image.jpeg

Holy hell I forgot about this picture. Chrétien was definitely a unique character 

2 hours ago, Gordie09 said:

When is Merrill eligible to play? 

I believe he's eligible for Monday's game in Edmonton.  I'm not sure they'd throw him in without a practice though in which case Wednesday would be his likely debut.