Apr 17, Senators at Canadiens, 4:00 PM

tomh009

Just now, GHT120 said:

Agreed ... its not even like it had to be at 4:00 because of a HNIC triple header

This actually has nothing to do with HNIC.  The game is regional, Sportsnet/CBC couldn't convert it to a 7 PM start to put it in the vacated VAN-TOR slot as TSN had the rights.

The flames beat them a couple of days ago, the night before the beat the leafs. 

It is possible to win back to back games if you show, play hard and actually score 

6 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

This actually has nothing to do with HNIC.  The game is regional, Sportsnet/CBC couldn't convert it to a 7 PM start to put it in the vacated VAN-TOR slot as TSN had the rights.

Which is why it had to be 4:00

The game had to be over by 7:00 so the HNIC game(s) are unopposed.

38 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Think that is what I said ... absent the extra details

Was last night and/or this on the original schedule or was it a Covid consequence?

6 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

We stink

We should not stink based on our roster. 

What is our problem? System? Ducharme? 

I'm inclined to put some on the roster but some on the coaching staff.  I don't think this is a better team since the coaching change other than a bit more disciplined and the power play resembling a power play for a couple of weeks before going back to its usual ineptitude.  I am not impressed with Ducharme at all and his inability to motivate the team to show up for more than one game at a time is getting old quickly.

6 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Was last night and/or this on the original schedule or was it a Covid consequence?

The latter.  Here's what the original was (with a bit before and after for context):

April 10 Winnipeg, 7 p.m.

April 12 Toronto, 7 p.m.

April 14 Calgary, 7 p.m.

April 16 Calgary, 7 p.m.

April 19 at Edmonton, 9 p.m.

April 20 at Edmonton, 9 p.m.

April 22 at Calgary, 9 p.m.

April 24 at Calgary, 7 p.m.

April 26 at Calgary, 10 p.m.

6 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I bet we see him Monday and that tiny little bastard will score and probably more than one

I hope so. This team needs a serious kick in the ass! The fact that they can't win two games in a row is pathetic!

7 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I bet we see him Monday and that tiny little bastard will score and probably more than one

1 minute ago, Habsfan said:

I hope so. This team needs a serious kick in the ass! The fact that they can't win two games in a row is pathetic!

As I understand it Habs are up against the cap ... to add any player means waiving someone and that would be the last
"regular call-up" for the season ... so whoever is demoted is off the roster for the rest of the season unless an emergency situation (as defined by the NHL, see below) exists ... seems risky to do that this early ... if an "emergency" develops then it could be well worth considering giving him some games to see how he does

13.12 Transfers To/From Minors.

(m) Emergency Recall.

(ii) Emergency conditions shall be established when the playing strength of the Loaning Club, by reason of incapacitating injury or illness or by League suspension to its Players is reduced below the level of two (2) goalkeepers, six (6) defensemen and twelve (12) forwards. Proof of the existence of the emergency conditions including the incapacity shall be furnished to the Commissioner of the League upon request made by him.

10 minutes ago, Habsfan said:

As the great Denis Lemieux once said: "I feel shame!"

Not a huge Slapshot fan ... but LOVE that bit

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Habsfan said:

The Habs are rich enough to pay for a portion of his salary (ie: 25%)  ;)

I’d rather trade at pennies on the dollar than retain 25% of a contract that’s a $10.5m cap hit. That’s what Poile did with Subban. He didn’t get much, but he didn’t end up wasting available cap space.

Post-game Zooms

Byron is Byron ... straight answers ... takes responsibility for the second goal ... patient (6:49)

Price was less abrupt that he sometimes is ... but as usual a quick in&out (1:31)

Chiarot, like Byron, steps up and answers all the questions

Similarly, Ducharme steps up, answers the questions as best he can (6:50)

30 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

As I understand it Habs are up against the cap ... to add any player means waiving someone and that would be the last
"regular call-up" for the season ... so whoever is demoted is off the roster for the rest of the season unless an emergency situation (as defined by the NHL, see below) exists ... seems risky to do that this early ... if an "emergency" develops then it could be well worth considering giving him some games to see how he does

13.12 Transfers To/From Minors.

(m) Emergency Recall.

(ii) Emergency conditions shall be established when the playing strength of the Loaning Club, by reason of incapacitating injury or illness or by League suspension to its Players is reduced below the level of two (2) goalkeepers, six (6) defensemen and twelve (12) forwards. Proof of the existence of the emergency conditions including the incapacity shall be furnished to the Commissioner of the League upon request made by him.

So could we waive Byron fir the remainder of the regular season and still have him available for the playoffs?

41 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

So could we waive Byron fir the remainder of the regular season and still have him available for the playoffs?

They don't need to waive him to send him down.  He's still exempt having cleared waivers last weekend.  They can't send him down to put themselves into an emergency situation either as it's not injury-related.

8 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

They don't need to waive him to send him down.  He's still exempt having cleared waivers last weekend.  They can't send him down to put themselves into an emergency situation either as it's not injury-related.

But if they sent down Byron they could, for example, bring up Caufield ... but be unable to replace him with anything other than a roster defenceman if it proved to not work out?

7 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Mete will likely turn into an offensive super star when he plays us. It always seems to happen that way ...

Thankfully in his 10:21 he didn't