Hossa back to old self

hankhab

From what I've read of this, I'll say this..

Napier, you come off slightly pompous with your comments of how you alone seem to have predicted everything, knew that Hossa would suck, Habs would slump, etc, etc..way to toot your own horn. I'm glad to know that wasn't your intention, but it certainly seemed like it.

But what surprises me even more is that there are people who encourage that attitude. special super status, come on..? i'm sure other people could dredge old posts about certain predictions and such.

Now my take on the Habs..A solid fifth, sixth, seventh spot playoff team this season, no question. A serious first to third place team in the East? I doubt it. Too many question marks especially around secondary scoring.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Rooster

Neither is modesty it would seem.  Nobody is "against you" other than your current "everybody in the world is stupid but me" rant.

Dude, the vast majority of people here, as I recall, always said the habs were not a first place team at all -they were simply happy with the early success.  Not the same thing.  Btw, the current slump is not the "real worth" of the habs either.  It's in between.  

Hossa, some people liked, some people less.  But again as I recall, nobody thought it was the end of the world to lose Hossa...more of a why did we move him now and is there other players that should have been moved in his place.  Again not the same thing.  Anyway, it was a minor trade.  Hainsey was a minor trade.  It doesn't really matter, especially if discussions are going to be taken out of context and greatly generalized and misinterpreted.

Don't take things so personal.  I've enjoyed your posts over time.  Nothing should be made or viewed as personal attacks.  Discussions really aren't centered on you.  Lots of people said what you said.  Lots of people might have said otherwise.  Whatever.  Keep it zen man:)

*AMEN*

[Edited on 2005/12/9 by Dutch_Habs_Fan]

Originally posted by smon

From what I've read of this, I'll say this..

Napier, you come off slightly pompous with your comments of how you alone seem to have predicted everything, knew that Hossa would suck, Habs would slump, etc, etc..way to toot your own horn. I'm glad to know that wasn't your intention, but it certainly seemed like it.  

But what surprises me even more is that there are people who encourage that attitude. special super status, come on..? i'm sure other people could dredge old posts about certain predictions and such.  

Now my take on the Habs..A solid fifth, sixth, seventh spot playoff team this season, no question. A serious first to third place team in the East? I doubt it. Too many question marks especially around secondary scoring.

If you bothered reading through this whole thread you would see that I was merely defending myself from previous attacks which suggested my "predictions" were total bullshit and I didn't know what I was talking about.

As to saying people suggested I have special status, I'm sure they were being sarcastic and that it was merely another dig at me. You can't see that? Try to read between the lines.

By the way smon, I didn't say I was the only one who said Hossa would suck or that the habs would drop in the standings. My exact words were " I was the only one ( or at least one of the few) with guts enough to say this team was in no way good enough to be in the position they were in". You should try reading more carefully, the stuff in brackets count to you know.

"Yeah that was a no brainer as far as I was concerned. I knew from the minute he got traded that we would never miss him."

"By the way, I also predicted this team would take a slide because they weren't really as good as thier record indicated. I said they were very lucky to have the record they did considering all their one goal wins. ... This seemed obvious to me but I got blasted for saying this but now guess who was right. You don't remember that either?"

Notice the personal pronoun I. Not we. Not myself and other people.

Regardless, why are you so defensive about this entire thing? All I'm saying is that tooting your own horn about your own predictions comes off as a i told you so attitude. It's as simple as that.

Originally posted by Mark Napier

If you bothered reading through this whole thread you would see that I was merely defending myself from previous attacks which suggested my "predictions" were total bullshit and I didn't know what I was talking about.  

I don't quite understand why you decided a thread about Hossa was the best place to defend other predictions that you've made. Given the amount of time that has passed since your prediction, that you went away for awhile because you were so 'insulted', and the fact that my comment that apparently set you off in this thread had nothing to do with you, suggests that you have issues dealing with conflict.

I sincerely hope you'll be able to overcome this, and also that you have less trouble than this in dealing with real issues in real life. :)

A little friendly direction?

I chose to ignore your comment referring to other people because I'm referring to your attitude at the beginning of this thread.

But of course debating you is pointless. :nono:

And frankly, I didn't even disagree with some of your opinions, but I'm beginning to see the extent of your ridiculousness..

Good luck with that attitude.

[Edited on 2005/12/9 by smon]

By the way, I don't find the comment under my nick in the least bit funny. I take that as an insult. I have no problem leaving this place and never logging in again if this is meant as some sort of insult. If the powers that be don't want me around anymore just say so but don'tstoop to such childish behaviour.

Ok well I don't  need this place and obviously the guy that put that under my nick doesn't want me here either so perhaps it's best for all if I just disappear.

I don't that nickname was meant as an insult. When Habs Fan Nr. 1 first mentioned a new "super status", he said it with a smiley face. I'm 100% sure no harm was intended.

I would love to have a special nick name.

HAHA

For sure no harm was intended this site was created to have excellent discussions and a lot of fun.

GO HABS GO

enough with the silly bickering

Napier.

Pls stop being childish.

This is absurd.

Your original comment made you appear cocky, your follow up aggresive, your later ones paranoid and your last one childish.

All reactions were probably based as much on your perceived tone than your content.

Don't take it that personal.

Sheesh...

And, BTW, I was against the hossa move and prefered taking a chance on him than dressing Sundstrom.

I still think this team's mindset is too defensive and that not enough space is given to youth developpement.

Maybe I was wrong with hossa.

Big deal.

The fun here is not being right or wrong, its discussing our perceptions with other fans in a relaxed and respectfull atmosphere.

In hindsight, I am glad Hossa don't seem to pan out like he was supposed to be. Proves we might have taken a good decision after all.

Ok well I don't  need this place and obviously the guy that put that under my nick doesn't want me here either so perhaps it's best for all if I just disappear.

When everybody seems to be pointing at a little ketchup stain you may have in the corner of your mouth, it's probably cause there's a ketchup stain there. May want to stop freeking out cause people are pointing at you and simply check for the ketchup stain. Removing it will stop the pointing.

Discussions on this board are not centered on you. People disagree with people all the time and put forth their arguments. That's a good thing. You seem to have "predicted" stuff that you feel people disagreed with. That happens to EVERYBODY here. That's what discussing ideas means. Don't take it personal. It really isn't about you personally.

Nobody has insulted you or disrespected you or whatever. They just stated their opinions to which they are entitled. The only time people jumped on you was in this thread. This thread is a ketchup stain. I'd suggest removing the ketchup stain, the pointing will stop.

[Edited on 2005/12/9 by Rooster]

Hey MN if you don't want the Nostradamus title can I have it? can I? Can I? PLLLLLEAAAAASSSSEEEEEE!

I'll be a good Nostradamus, I promise. I've even started practising! I had a dream last night that Riberio had been traded (Unfortunately, I can't remember who we got, but I'm new at this eminent seer gig). But, I remember thinking that Habs World would rejoice, so it must have beeen good:)

SO,

Can I be the next HW Nostradamus? Can I? Can I? PLLLLLEAAAAASSSSEEEEEE!:bow:

Good point, Grasshopper, but even eminent seers are not priviledged to see more than a glimpse of their own fate. And, I'm afraid that the nature of any future designation of mine at HW is blocked even from my awesome power:bow: