April 19, Canadiens @ Oilers - 9PM EST

TurdBurglar

7 hours ago, Commandant said:

Team played well for 2 periods.  Seemed to run out of legs in the third.

3 games in 4 nights starting in montreal and ending up in edmonton can do that.

I was happy with the two first periods. Habs have a couple of players that boil over in physical games: Perry, Andersson, etc. But not enough players to win a brawl... I wished we had that type of team against Edmonton. Anything to get an extra edge. 💥

But it is not the 1970s/1980s anymore

===

I hope we can start rotating players in/out of the lineup to rest some. Habs will not catch any team in front on them and if they run to the ground their players thay will not hold onto the 4th place

38 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I was happy with the two first periods. Habs have a couple of players that boil over in physical games: Perry, Andersson, etc. But not enough players to win a brawl... I wished we had that type of team against Edmonton. Anything to get an extra edge. 💥

But it is not the 1970s/1980s anymore

===

I hope we can start rotating players in/out of the lineup to rest some. Habs will not catch any team in front on them and if they run to the ground their players thay will not hold onto the 4th place

Going the current course the only reason the habs are holding onto 4th place is calgary sucks even more than we do and their management team is just as clueless and is taking a page out of MB’s GI back to the past approach.

Hell of a hockey game.

Depressing result.

My hope has been that this erratic, frustrating bunch is really a “playoff-ready” team that will step up when the playoff bell rings. But that game had playoff-like intensity, and as usual, they found just the right way to lose. 

18 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Hell of a hockey game.

Depressing result.

My hope has been that this erratic, frustrating bunch is really a “playoff-ready” team that will step up when the playoff bell rings. But that game had playoff-like intensity, and as usual, they found just the right way to lose. 

I would call it more of the a complete collapse or rollover. What drives me nuts is the best player (most skilled, highest hockey IQ, one of the fastest players in the game), is working his ass off all night and are guys with no way near the talent or skill level, who SHOULD be working much harder because they NEED to, were for the most part a complete no show in the third period.  You still had needless, stupid idiotic, and lazy penalties like the one Tatar took in that game.

32 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Going the current course the only reason the habs are holding onto 4th place is calgary sucks even more than we do and their management team is just as clueless and is taking a page out of MB’s GI back to the past approach.

I understand your frustration and I share the feeling 

but , for me, following the Habs is my way of taking my mind from work or life-stresses ; no way that I let the dysfunctional, underachieving, talentless Habs bring me down

so yeah, stay the course, dam the Flames and cruise into the playoffs : like in Roman times, it amuses me to see this bunch get mauled over by the McDavids of the world

and like in the Gladiator movie, I’ll cheer for the heroic times when that will slain the Bruins 

*Entertainment* for me

13 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I would call it more of the a complete collapse or rollover. What drives me nuts is the best player (most skilled, highest hockey IQ, one of the fastest players in the game), is working his ass off all night and are guys with no way near the talent or skill level, who SHOULD be working much harder because they NEED to, were for the most part a complete no show in the third period.  You still had needless, stupid idiotic, and lazy penalties like the one Tatar took in that game.

I would say the Habs were just outgunned. They just can't match up against the elite talent that some teams have. When McDavid is on a mission there is not much they can do. You are right that it takes 5 guys working their ass off to have a chance. They were able to hold a lead for 50 minutes but eventually talent (that works hard) wins out.  The Habs are just not good enough at the centre ice position yet and also a top 4 defenceman short. 

2 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I understand your frustration and I share the feeling 

but , for me, following the Habs is my way of taking my mind from work or life-stresses ; no way that I let the dysfunctional, underachieving, talentless Habs bring me down

so yeah, stay the course, dam the Flames and cruise into the playoffs : like in Roman times, it amuses me to see this bunch get mauled over by the McDavids of the world

and like in the Gladiator movie, I’ll cheer for the heroic times when that will slain the Bruins 

*Entertainment* for me

That's likely the right attitude right now. We had high hopes at the beginning of the year but those hopes have faded substantially, better to manage expectations and not get too disappointed. 

45 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

That's likely the right attitude right now. We had high hopes at the beginning of the year but those hopes have faded substantially, better to manage expectations and not get too disappointed. 

Been the right attitude since 1993 :bonk: preventing  me from going crazy :scared:

1 hour ago, DON said:

Holy moly, McDavid just shredded the Habs. He was overdue to make the Habs pay.

When are we getting our McDavid?:(

He is amazing.

Even managing to trade for Eichel this summer wouldn't provide "our McDavid" ... more like our Backstrom (tied for PPG with Eichel since Jack entered the league) ... who would be the Habs best centre for a loonnngggg time

So realistically ... our McDavid comes when the Habs next "unexpectedly" have a terrible season, win the lottery and that year's draft happens to have an elite centre ... not certain when the next "McDavid-ish" player is projected to be available, from what I've read not in the next couple of drafts ... but apparently there is a 12 year-old in Belgium who is tearing it up.

1 hour ago, DON said:

Holy moly, McDavid just shredded the Habs. He was overdue to make the Habs pay.

When are we getting our McDavid?:(

Guys like McDavid don't come around often. He is without question the best player in the world. Oiler's were extremely lucky to get him and didn't deserve him as they had so many #1 picks they messed up. You have to tank and do it in the right year when elite talent is available or do a great job scouting (ie. Ryan Getzlaf was taken 19th). 

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Guys like McDavid don't come around often. He is without question the best player in the world. Oiler's were extremely lucky to get him and didn't deserve him as they had so many #1 picks they messed up. You have to tank and do it in the right year when elite talent is available or do a great job scouting (ie. Ryan Getzlaf was taken 19th). 

Anaheim was very lucky that Getzlaf was still available at 19th, he was ranked much higher than that but many teams passed him over, though I can no longer remember why.