Fire Geoff Molson

alfredoh2009

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

... EDIT: on another note, with Luongo GMing Canada’s national team, I suspect we can see the Habs’ future GM should Bergy get fired. He cannot be a worse option than Macguire or Roy, and ticks the all-important box: he speaks French!

His agent was (is?) Pat Brisson ... Pat has previously expressed no interest in being a GM ... wonder if he could be lured to be President as part of a Brisson/Luongo tandem ... even if only for 2-3 years to help Roberto get established.

Luongo as GM? He seems like a smart witty fellow and was awesome goalie who seemingly didnt mind playing all alone for years in Florida, with total shite team in front of him and still had awesome save%.

But, a rookie MGMT guy who seems very happy living and settled in Florida once again, hopefully down the road he could take the reins of his home town team.

7 minutes ago, DON said:

Luongo as GM? He seems like a smart witty fellow and was awesome goalie who seemingly didnt mind playing all alone for years in Florida, with total shite team in front of him and still had awesome save%.

But, a rookie MGMT guy who seems very happy living and settled in Florida once again, hopefully down the road he could take the reins of his home town team.

Well, depending on how this season goes, "down the road" could come up much sooner than we'd have expected...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Well, depending on how this season goes, "down the road" could come up much sooner than we'd have expected...

I meant Luongo likely wont be moving anywhere anytime soon and will be a bit before his resume is a fit for Geoffrey to hire.

Not that a new GM wont in-place if things go off the rails or continue to slide.

• 2 months later...

checking old threads, Geoff Molson seems to have made a good choice to sticking with Marc Bergevin.

I am not sure if I still want a president between GM and MB. Given how well the team is performing, it is hard for me to think how that would improve the chances of becoming a legitimate cup contender

3 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

checking old threads, Geoff Molson seems to have made a good choice to sticking with Marc Bergevin.

I am not sure if I still want a president between GM and MB. Given how well the team is performing, it is hard for me to think how that would improve the chances of becoming a legitimate cup contender

Im not crapping on GM, coaches or owner - they have done what we all hoped for. 

I would still dance for joy if Molson got a seat beside Musk on his space ship though. 

I miss the best a man can get

Just now, hab29RETIRED said:

What the hell eas Chariot doing????

Wrong thread?

Just now, GHT120 said:

Wrong thread?

Yes! Was just about to change that!!