Giguère signs 4 year deal

Habs77

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=53438

9/10/2003

ANAHEIM - The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim announced that the club has agreed to terms with goaltender Jean-Sebastien Giguere on a four-year contract. Per club policy, no financial terms of the deal were disclosed.

--------------------------------------------

I think they learned from the Sharks & Nabokov last year... good management in Anaheim.

I'm quite surprise seeing how Anaheim management worked this summer. Almost everyone thought Anaheim was a joke and the next "Carolina".. even more with Kariya leaving as UFA.

But this team is even better than last year, even without Kariya. With the addition of Prospal, Fedorov and finally the signing of Giguere have to be taken seriously for next season. I'm surprise because the Ducks don't have the reputation to be as active on the market.. especially UFA market. I wonder how they attracted 2 of the top UFA. (Beside the "Sun and temperature" argument)

But.. I'm still not sure to predict them a spot for the playoffs. Despite their nice run.. Giguere might pull a "Theo" and the chemistry might be different, as players believe too much in themselves. They'll have to work hard (really hard) if they want to come back in the Finals this year. (and they won't be underestimated this time)