April 23 Canadiens at Calgary 9:00pm

Who is the most important off season pickup by Bergevin?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which player helps us the most?

• Anderson
    • Toffoli
    • Allen
    • Edmundson

8 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Staal out Evans in 👍

So no Caufield?

Would not Evans be the final call-up for the regular season?

9 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Oh, he did play?  I didnt notice. 

I seem to remember a turnover on one shift (he's not recorded with one), he got caught up ice on one, and fell to give Backlund his chance late. 

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

I seem to remember a turnover on one shift (he's not recorded with one), he got caught up ice on one, and fell to give Backlund his chance late. 

Depending on where players are with respect to the camera its often hard for me to make out every #.  This game I've been purposely paying closer attention than usual and I didnt notice him get a shift.  

I want to see him on the PP so hopefully the Flames get numerous penalties. 

8 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Have the canadiens ad the puck for more than 5 seconds at a tie this period?

I think there was one stretch about the seven-minute mark where they may have had it for 6, maybe even 6.5 seconds. 

45 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Depending on where players are with respect to the camera its often hard for me to make out every #.  This game I've been purposely paying closer attention than usual and I didnt notice him get a shift.  

I want to see him on the PP so hopefully the Flames get numerous penalties. 

3:33 on even strength so far, plus 1:07 on PP.

18 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

3:33 on even strength so far, plus 1:07 on PP.

Thx!

I just saw him out there, and earlier I saw him make a decent play to break up a good scoring chance.  However,  I missed what happened that lead to that chance so he might have made up for his own gaff. 

Hmm, why was Gufstafsson out there in the last 5 mins? 

I definitely want to see him play, but if he is really bad defensively his time needs to be micromanaged.  I wouldnt put him out there in the last 5 mins of any 1 goal game unless its a PP or faceoff in oppositions end.  

btw, did anybody else see a potential set play with Anderson?  I certainly did and I hope Caufield noticed it.   i.e. when Anderson tries to do his round the outside and drive to the net, if he doesn't have the speed or angle to do it he will pass the puck right across the ice.   He's done that numerous times, there just hasn't been anybody there. 

Didn’t deserve to win this game. Lucky to be tied 2-2 after the 2nd and was hoping they could pull it out.

Allen was their best player tonite. Anderson gave it a go but just didn’t get enough support.

i’ve seen enough of Staal. At least Evans brings some speed to the lineup

It’s also very apparent that the lack of mobility and good passing by the D has been hindering the offensive attack. 

Maybe time to give CC a try. What is their to lose. Better to give him some experience and maybe he can help out the struggling offense. 

1 hour ago, MFT77 said:

Didn’t deserve to win this game. Lucky to be tied 2-2 after the 2nd and was hoping they could pull it out.

Allen was their best player tonite. Anderson gave it a go but just didn’t get enough support.

i’ve seen enough of Staal. At least Evans brings some speed to the lineup

It’s also very apparent that the lack of mobility and good passing by the D has been hindering the offensive attack. 

Maybe time to give CC a try. What is their to lose. Better to give him some experience and maybe he can help out the struggling offense. 

I agree on Staal. He isn't fitting in well at all.

1 hour ago, BCHabnut said:

I agree on Staal. He isn't fitting in well at all.

Too many old guys. Can only expect so much from the old guys. Perry is giving me hat he’s got. Other experienced veterans aren’t carrying their weight and the other grizzled veterans like Stall and Weber are just too old now.