Game Thread | Ducks vs. Habs | 12/10/05

Spider-Man NL

WOW all I want to say is a guess a week off was not long enough o prepare and rest the Habs injuries because they once again did not show up for most of this game.

K REX rough night for him, I know his mother just died and it must have been a rough night -4 in 8 min. wow that’s gross.

Zed Plex Bulis wow -9 combined again that is just terrible.

The entire team did not want this game the Habs were out shot 37-24

Only good things I saw this evening was the play of ZHog and the fact that the power play scored twice.

Markov did not deserve a star he had one shot on goal played a mediocre game and led the team in give always.

I am not pleased.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Y'know, most people have been saying "Just wait it out, we have a lot of injuries, don't trade anyone, just wait it out."

I was one of them.

But really, these haven't exactly been inspiring performances from the team. I'm all for a shakeup anytime now.

After reading this thread I cannot in good faith wear my Habs Cap until Gainey does something. There are a couple of guys that either need to be instructed better or maybe the instructors need adjustment / replacement.

Montreal is not as bad as the last 10 games I watched. Who are these guys? Glad I missed this disaster. Did anyone play good?

Oh well bring on the Great One's team....

I missed the game to see a bad movie (Aeon Flux) but saw the highlights. Atleast Theodore looked pretty good on all the goals. Markov chipped in on a couple of goals. 2 PP assists I believe. Colin's article is depressing...

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

I missed the game to see a bad movie (Aeon Flux) but saw the highlights. Atleast Theodore looked pretty good on all the goals. Markov chipped in on a couple of goals. 2 PP assists I believe. Colin's article is depressing...

So Aeon Flux is not worth spending the money on? The advertising looked good so this figures...

Originally posted by Howie_Morenz

So Aeon Flux is not worth spending the money on? The advertising looked good so this figures...

You'd be amazed how bad the acting is. But how much can you expect from Charlize Theron.

Originally posted by Howie_Morenz

You'd be amazed how bad the acting is. But how much can you expect from Charlize Theron.

So the game was that bad that we have to discuss a movie with Charlize Theron?!? Sheesh... It's enough to make me wanna talk about the Maple Laughers instead...

:nono::wall:

And I'm back! I must say, ogling hot waitresses didn't make up for the lack of a complete comeback.

Looks like I made the right choice...

Onto Phoenix!

All I can say (having not seen the game yet) recorded it on tape and just coming abck from work and shocked still at the score! ... and Pissed after a Magnum of Red Portuguese wine! ... All I can say if Gainey makes a wake up Move The habs Cannot blame anyone but themselves!!

Thats all i ahve to say ... My girl friend is throwing pillows at me and wants me in bed gotta sign off!!

Man I'm pissed off at my Glorieux! will watch the game tape tomorrow ... Darn another pillow on the head ... this girl has good aim ... nighty night!

"We didn't compete. We lost one-on-one battles, we didn't win races to the puck. That was the biggest thing - we have to compete harder." - Claude Julien

"On savait tous qu'on devait être prêt et vous avez vu comme moi que ç'a été une disgrâce du début jusqu'à la fin. Il y a des gars dans les nuages dans le moment. Ils devraient se regarder dans le miroir. En tentant de trop en faire, on se complique la tâche. On doit travailler plus efficacement au lieu d'essayer d'être spectaculaire" - Craig Rivet

"Tout le monde doit pousser dans la même voie, et il y a plusieurs joueurs qui ne le font pas. Les gars savent quoi faire pour être prêts. Peut-être que ce n'est pas tout le monde qui se prépare adéquatement." -Steve Begin

Maybe its time for a bit of a shakeup.

This team just isn't that good.

They've won once in their past 6 games.

They're -7 in goal differential and have only scored 80 goals.

They've only won 2 games by more than 1 goal, and most of there wins have been third period come from behinds. Not exactly traits I would apply to a good team.

Maybe wait till Koivu and Kovalev comeback and see how the team responds, but this team needs a trade to shake things up a bit

I only saw the highlights and that was depressing enough! It is time for Gainey to start shopping around. It appears, especially from listening to player/coach postgame soundbites that there is disunity amongst the players. Not only are they not functioning as on-ice units, I wonder about disruptions in the dressing room. What damage has Ribeiro's comments about Ryder done to the team? Is this the best leadership we can expect from him given the golden opportunity to lead with K and K out of the lineup? Something is not right and I think it extends beyond the ice surface. A team that had so much jump and excitement, albeit living on the edge, early in the year has tanked and shows no sign of coming out of it, with no leadership right now - from anywhere. There is more to this than just a losing steak and bad bounces.

"Sean Avery wasn't on the ice, so it must be that the unhappy customers were directing their disenchantment at their beloved Canadiens." - Red Fisher, Montreal Gazette

Originally posted by mathieug

"Tout le monde doit pousser dans la même voie, et il y a plusieurs joueurs qui ne le font pas. Les gars savent quoi faire pour être prêts. Peut-être que ce n'est pas tout le monde qui se prépare adéquatement." -Steve Begin

:o

I wish he'd name names, even though that wouldn't be a good idea.

I just want to know who.