c) coatches getting fired

d) status quo...

personnaly, I'd like a trade(anybody), just to shake things up

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Julien wasn't hired by Bob, so I'll go out on a limb and say most likely move is Julien shipped out, replaced by Guy Carboneau...and after Claudes misuse of Perezoigen last game (who was the best player on the ice), I'm about out of patience with the coach....2nd most likely, Ribs n Dags for Sykora....

At the speed I expect changes in this organization I will say:

d) status quo...

I would like to see Montreal play better with a small trade or even a lineup similar to what they started the year with. (I know with the top 2 forwards out good luck)

Alas, I believe nothing will happen until injured players are back.

they will have to unload more money in order to get sykora

souray could be part of the deal since he''d be closer of is kid

unless there was another trade coming in

like zed or anybody on the second line

I think plec's ready for regular second line duty

Originally posted by simonus

i wonder as to the wisdom of unloading D-men for forwards

Have to agree. Montreal needs to trade forwards for defense if anything. I know a few people here think our defense is fine, however a little bit of depth on D will help get out of the funk.

If someone like Zednik got traded it would not break my heart He is good, goes to the net, but in long range plans I do not think will be part of the team. Being offensively gifted Montreal should be able to get a solid(Not Star) defensman from a team challenged with goal scoring.

I do believe nothing will happen as too many injuries to even trade forwards right now.

Have to say d) status quo as well... Although a few teams have made a HUGE trade (Thornton, Fedorov, etc...), the habs aren't likely to take that route as the team as a good nucleaus of talent on the team right now.

The coach does have the ability to change the landscape with the right player at the right time, but with the injuries to KEY players, it is not a fair accessment at this time. Lets see when the players get back and then we'll see... Remember the team is not as bad as you'd think.

Agree with status quo. I think Bob will be continue to be aware of what's out there, but will make a deal only if he believes it's a good opportunity to improve the Habs long term (doesn't sacrifice the important youth). I can say with virtual certainty that he is not in panic mode, or particularly alarmed with our late autumn slide. We're still middle of the pack, and things should look up when our injured stars return. He'll stick to the plan, which should reach its fruition in another couple of years.

The only short term objective he'll be concerned with is making the playoffs, IMO. If we're on the bubble later in the season, look for a significant deal at the trade deadline. Obviously a deadline deal may happen regardless of our playoff prospects, since there can be good deals at that time of year.

never the less, they should be able to win games even without your best players, just look at the sabres who are without briere and dumont...and miller...

montreal has no caracter nor real leadership when koivu's out

Originally posted by hankhab

Julien wasn't hired by Bob, so I'll go out on a limb and say most likely move is Julien shipped out, replaced by Guy Carboneau...and after Claudes misuse of Perezoigen last game (who was the best player on the ice), I'm about out of patience with the coach....2nd most likely, Ribs n Dags for Sykora....

If a change is made behind the bench, which I doubt will happen, it won't be Carbonneau taking the reigns. He went back to Dallas after his contract expired. Doug Jarvis would probably take over. He coached guys like Perezhogin, Plekanec, Komisarek and all the prospects in Hamilton the last year and a half. But as I said, I don't see a coaching change coming. I think a small deal may be in the offing, but Bob may just choose to ride out the injuries to Kovalev and Koivu, who's only day-to-day.

i am not impressed with claude. this team has a lot of talent all be it young talent. sitting the kids out is not helping. why does this team come out flat against the ducks. he is operating a short bench that is not producing. yes we have injuries but that is why you call kids up. GIVE THEM A CHANCE! It is how the great young talent gets discovered nobody ever scored sitting on the bench.

That would be a good move the for the organization. Kind of like trading water for sand when you live in a desert

What those of you who are calling for Claude's head are forgetting that a young team does suffer these kinds of growing pains, particularly when two of its best leaders are injured.

As part of my campain to become the next HW Nostradamus:) I predict....." as the year of the natural disaster draws to a close there will be unrest in habs land.......As the injured heros lick their wounds the fearless leader will make no major changes..."

Status quo most likely; a minor deal is the second-mostly likely possibility, for reasons explored by others above.

Julien has always been very highly-regarded - and it definitely says something that Bob has not yet canned him when his own protege, Jarvis, is eminently qualified and ready to take over - but his caution in playing the kids has baffled me, as it has so many others around here. Perhaps there's some wider teaching philosophy at play here. Maybe even a strategy worked out with Gainey in advance of the season.

The current slump has exposed Ribeiro most of all, and I think its only long-term ramification will be Ribby's eventual departure from la veille ville.

Originally posted by PMAC

That would be a good move the for the organization. Kind of like trading water for sand when you live in a desert

Typical that just you had to come with such a sentence ;)

But you're right, if we trade Souray to the ducks, we also need a defender back. It's not like we have a lot of them.

With a healthy team, the lines look as follows:

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev

Perezhogin - Ribeiro - Ryder

Bulis - Bonk - Sundstrom

Higgins - Begin - Plekanec

(Kostitsyn, Dagenais, Latendresse [next year])

Rivet - Markov

Komisarek - Dandenault

Bouillon - Souray

(do we even have good prospects on D?)

The point I'm trying to make here is that we have lots of depth with forwards and on top of that, they're all young, the oldest being Kovalev at 32.

We should be making aggressive attempts at securing a young D with good prospects and if it means giving up Ribeiro and Zednik to get it maybe we should just do it. Brent Seabrook (http://www.nhl.com/players/8470607.html) is on a team that is losing but managing good points production and a plus/minus rating that most of his teammates cannot boast (the kind of guy we need desperately). His team needs scoring and we have two guys who can put the puck in the net but by no means are they team players.

I agree with you. You trade away Souray and who takes his place? I don't know of anyone in the depth chart who would be able to step in.

Yeah I think I've had about enough of Julien. I don't think he's capable of motivating this team properly.

As well I think a trade may be necessary, as I'm not sure this team has what it takes to play in this division, or go deep in the playoffs

Alright...

I couldn't believe that Zogs only played about 10 minutes that entire last game. He was the best player on the team that night, yet CJ kept playing the Ribs line! Now tell me, what did they produce last game?

Anyone?

You go with what is working. With Anaheim, they played their best line all night, the line that was SKATING all over the habs.

Now tell me again, who was SKATING for the habs?

Perezoghin!

Im not joking when I say that I can make better choices than CJ, in that game anyday!

Ugh, that game was brutal.

The bottom line is the habs have a LOT of POTENTIAL, but it needs to be harnested.

Play the kids! 1 rookie per top 3 lines, and roll four lines throughout the game, and as for Ribs.. hes slow, and weak which = no energy.

Rookies = Energy + Momentum!!!

If I could change up the lines.. it would like kick ass like..

Zed-Koivu-Kovy

Perez-Pleky-Ryder

Bulis-Higgins-Sunny

Murry-Begin-Bonk

+New Head Coach and a new player for Ribs and Dags

GO HABS GO

[Edited on 2005/12/12 by Natural Mystic]

[Edited on 2005/12/12 by Natural Mystic]

Originally posted by Dutch_Habs_Fan
Originally posted by PMAC

That would be a good move the for the organization. Kind of like trading water for sand when you live in a  desert  

Typical that just you had to come with such a sentence ;)

Is that a slight against desert- dwelling Habs fans?

Next, the Mods will change my avatar to desert hermit and I will have to leave in a huff:(;)

THIS IS A JOKE..... I REPEAT THIS IS A JOKE. ;)

[Edited on 2005/12/12 by PMAC]

[Edited on 2005/12/12 by PMAC]

I pic staying with the status quo. Maybe try a small trade. I think we have to remember that Kovalev, Koivu and Bonk have been all out. I know, Bonk has not been living up too potential. I just don't tyhink a block buster trade or getting rid of the coaches is a good thing right now. I kind of like the coaches.