April 30, Jets @ Canadiens, 7PM EST

Trizzak

44 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Or you could look at 3rd place.

The Jets are 6 points ahead but the Habs have a game in hand. 

Win this one and its 4 points. 

Beat the Sens tomorrow (in your game in hand) and suddenly you are two points back of the Jets for 3rd place and a matchup with Edmonton in the first round. 

I like your optimism but given all the injuries.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Or you could look at 3rd place.

The Jets are 6 points ahead but the Habs have a game in hand. 

Win this one and its 4 points. 

Beat the Sens tomorrow (in your game in hand) and suddenly you are two points back of the Jets for 3rd place and a matchup with Edmonton in the first round. 

That's the exact outcome that I want to see too.  Habs vs Oils would likely be a more advantageous match-up for the Habs than playing the Leafs 1st rnd. 

It sucks that they have crazy amount of injuries, and at the worst possible time due to the condensed schedule.  They need everybody to be healthy so they can sit and rest some players.  I hope everybody heals up quick and gets some needed rest and that Weber is just slightly sore and resting vs something serious.

4 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

The lack of finish is on display again early; lots of shots, no goals.  Winnipeg gets a quality chance, it's in the back of the net.

We might be getting hella ####ed by Hellebuyck tonight.

6 hours ago, TurdBurglar said:

If the Habs can win 2 or collect 4 points in the final 8 games, Calgary would have to go 4-3 in their final 7 games, bare minimum, to come down to a tie breaker for the last spot.

As things stand, Calgary has the tie-breaker.  They're tied for regulation wins but have one more regulation + overtime win.

That was a frustrating period in that they carried so much of the play and couldn't buy one while Winnipeg gets one good chance and it goes in.  Their defence is weak and the old guy line looked quite good as a result as they're able to slow it down and make the correct read with some patience.  I like what I've seen from them.

Sucks the Habs are losing 1-0, they had a bunch of really good chances.  Petry barely missed the net and then moments later hit the post.  Frolik had the best chance.  KK looks a lot better this game, had a great shot, but he needs shoot more.   Hopefully he scores tonight. 

Just now, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Caufield might not be ready yet. He was dominant in Laval and he ain’t that here. Maybe he is just nervous?

Caufield isn't the type of guy that's going to dominate a game.  He's a sniper and those players can go long stretches without doing much of anything before potting a quick one or two to change things.  I actually think he's done well at some of the little things that I wasn't expecting from him in the early going.

Just now, dlbalr said:

Caufield isn't the type of guy that's going to dominate a game.  He's a sniper and those players can go long stretches without doing much of anything before potting a quick one or two to change things.  I actually think he's done well at some of the little things that I wasn't expecting from him in the early going.

So far, Caufield has done numerous little defensive things that I wasn't expecting to see. 

Caufield seemed to royally screw up that 1 play where it looked like he should have been able to 1 time it but he stopped the puck instead of shooting it.  I hope he isn't learning his teammates bad habits of doing that.  Out of the entire team, the Habs need him to be shooting. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Chris said:

Caufield was playing with better players in the ahl 

In absolute terms, Caufield is playing with better players now. But his opponents were weaker in the AHL.

Might take a few of those broken plays to beat Hellebuyck enough for the win tonight. Good news is that Winnipeg's defense also implements the Headless Chicken strategy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Good news is that Winnipeg's defense also implements the Headless Chicken strategy.

I believe they have been learning from the masters, err, Habsters.