Game Thread | Coyotes vs. Canadiens | 12/13/05

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NHL.com is on crack...

"Tomas Plekanec, Niklas Sundstrom and Jan Bulis also scored for Montreal, which had lost nine of 12 (3-5-4) after losing 5-3 on Saturday night to Los Angeles in the Canadiens' first game in a week."

http://www.nhl.com/scores/recaps/450_2_recap.html

Originally posted by dark_faerie87

NHL.com is on crack...

"Tomas Plekanec, Niklas Sundstrom and Jan Bulis also scored for Montreal, which had lost nine of 12 (3-5-4) after losing 5-3 on Saturday night to Los Angeles in the Canadiens' first game in a week."

How about "Bulis finished off a 2-on-1 with Richard Zednik at 19:05."?

Originally posted by lazy26

NHL.com is on crack...

Lol, I didn't notice that one, I must have been too angry about the Anaheim/LA game mixup.

Originally posted by lazy26

NHL.com is on crack...

It was Bulis from Pleks

Wow what a game. I'm thrilled that the rooks got some play time. Kostitsyn with the first goal was great. That goal put a smile on my face for the rest of the game.

Yotes were very weak tonight, I admit, but we still played well. With special-K coming back (possibly) on thursday, there are lots of reasons to be optimistic.

Apparently I should be disinterested and sleep through more games, except where is the fun in that?

Glad to see they got the win! When I looked at the boxscore and saw Kostitsyn with the first goal (assisted by Higgins and Murray) I just laughed. Add in the two point night by Plekanec and I kept picturing the rookies lining up and giving the finger to Julien in the dressing room. "Limited ice time? Shove it up your ass coach!"

Just out of curiosity, who retrieved the puck from the net when Kostitsyn got his goal?

Bulis and Sunny scored? That's like lightning striking you twice.

Glad to see the spread out ice time. Finally, something resembling 4 lines being rolled.

Originally posted by HappyHab

Were we that good or where they that bad.  Did we make them look bad.  Was Souray that good to get the 1st star?  I missed  most of the game.

Probably a combination of both.....the 'yotes couldn't put together 2 passes in a row, but a big reason is that we controlled the center of the ice most of the game......and yes, this was Souray's best game in a while.....actually in the past couple of weeks his game has gotten better....actually all our "D" tonight were pretty solid.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie
Originally posted by JMMR

Yeah Nashvilles back up is Jamie Allison a defender.

Their back-up is Chris Mason followed by Brian Finley.

Mason was injured in warm up

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/2005...06/ES020448.HTM

check the super stats Nashvilles back up was Jamie Allison last night

"At the end of the game, Coyotes captain Shane Doan was given a gross misconduct for verbally abusing referee Stephane Auger, which can be reviewed by the league for further discipline." TSN

Does anyone think he will get a suspension or fine for this one?

Or will he get another get out of jail free card from the NHL?

Plekanec had some good moves. That set up to Bulis in the dying second reminded me of Richer...

Nice to see Kostitsyn score.

When Garth Murray adds a point I like it. When Marcel Hossa scores I just think he should score more.

The Canadiens wins even with our top two players sidelined. That's good.

A good effort, finally. I guess Julien can motivate the team, after all!

It'll be interesting to see if Julien continues to give the rookies serious ice time... or did he feel comfortable doing it because the Yotes were never in the game. We'll see shortly. My guess is that as Koivu and Kovalev return, the rookies will have to sit more than they did last night, and of course Kostitsyn will go back down. It was nice that he scored, but he definitely did not look NHL-ready most of the night, IMO.

Originally posted by Trizzak

Just out of curiosity, who retrieved the puck from the net when Kostitsyn got his goal?

« Je suis vraiment heureux d'avoir réussi mon premier but dans la LNH, a dit Kostitsyn tout sourire dans le vestiaire du CH. » Il ne savait cependant pas si un de ses coéquipiers avait conservé la rondelle de son but.

Originally posted by mathieug

« Je suis vraiment heureux d'avoir réussi mon premier but dans la LNH, a dit Kostitsyn tout sourire dans le vestiaire du CH. » Il ne savait cependant pas si un de ses coéquipiers avait conservé la rondelle de son but.

Hey awesome, thanks!

*moves away slowly to go to freetranslation.com*

Originally posted by mathieug

Hey awesome, thanks!

*moves away slowly to go to freetranslation.com*

Little Kosty has no idea.

Free translation,

your welcome.

Souray first star? He may have deserved 3rd but no more than that.

Looks like Red Fisher agrees with me on 1. Plekanec, 2. Sundstrom, 3. Theodore

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie
Originally posted by JeanLucPilon

I notice Lindro has stayed healthy

*jinx?*

It doesn't work when you do it.:nono:

I'd just love it if Lindros played an entire 82 game season. That would be wonderful. I hope Lindros has a HUGE scoring streak! *JINX*

LMAO!! TSN reports today that Lindros has a wrist injury.:king::lol: