May 1, Senators @ Canadiens, 7PM EST

Trizzak

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I knew Toffoli was good from seeing him briefly in Van. I had no idea he was *this* good. He’s been fantastic all season.

He is on pace for 43/44 goal season in a 82 game season ... thus far this season is an outlier ... doesn't mean he can't do it again, just that he never has ... hopefully he has finally landed in the right situation and can be a consistent 35-40 goal scorer (or better) ... if so his contract is a ridiculous bargain ... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

He is on pace for 43/44 goal season in a 82 game season ... thus far this season is an outlier ... doesn't mean he can't do it again, just that he never has ... hopefully he has finally landed in the right situation and can be a consistent 35-40 goal scorer (or better) ... if so his contract is a ridiculous bargain ... 

Probably an outlier, but it *is* interesting how much better he’s been since moving to Canadian markets. 

Alexei may I introduce you to Chris Nilan ... take a few hours and work out with him ... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

There does seem to be a big change in the O-zone. Are the defensive lapses a consequence of that? (E.g., D pinching or something?) Or are we just overmatched by the Sens’ speed?

Hmm, not sure, I'll have to watch for that.  It seems like they're standing farther away from the boards and closer to mid ice.  That way any cross ice pass arent as long and their shots are closer and from better more dangerous spots.  Its also blatantly obvious they should shoot, and they are vs stopping the puck and accepting a pass. 

The Sens speed could also be a factor.  The Sens actually worry me, they might be crappy now, but they'll have a good team fairly quickly.  They have a lot of young ECLs doing well and that will be trend for several years. 

Two guys who have upped their games amidst injury devastation are Armia and Suzuki. 

1 minute ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Hmm, not sure, I'll have to watch for that.  It seems like they're standing farther away from the boards and closer to mid ice.  That way any cross ice pass arent as long and their shots are closer and from better more dangerous spots.  Its also blatantly obvious they should shoot, and they are vs stopping the puck and accepting a pass. 

The Sens speed could also be a factor.  The Sens actually worry me, they might be crappy now, but they'll have a good team fairly quickly.  They have a lot of young ECLs doing well and that will be trend for several years. 

Yes, I suspect we will be watching the Sens with envy for many years. Sigh.

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Two guys who have upped their games amidst injury devastation are Armia and Suzuki. 

Playing them on the same line seems to help them play off each other’s strengths.

6 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Agreed. Both players have been playing really well these past few games!

ON a different note, why do I have a sinking feeling that we will lose once more to the Sens? Why can't we win two games in a row?

4 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Playing them on the same line seems to help them play off each other’s strengths.

I only have hope that one of them can sustain it ... one has a bright future ... one is an enigma

What the what - yet another too many men on the ice. 

I've been high on Armia from the moment they drafted kk.  He's a very under rated player - and that in itself is a good reason to like him.  i.e. I'm sure he could be signed for cheap and he'd produce at least double what he's paid, more likely triple and possibly up to 4 times.  ex:  sign him for 1.5mil/yr, he'll get at least 30+ pts, if not 40-45 and possibly 55-60. 

1 minute ago, Trizzak said:

I dunno if that's on Frolik for dragging ass back to the bench or for the Hab that hopped over the boards jumping the gun.

IMO eagerness is more forgivable than lack of effort ... if this wasn't such a compressed season I would suggest the entire team "skate" at the next practice for every instance of lollygagging on a change ... peer pressure would put an end to it

1-0 after two, and I am glad the Sens didn’t score on that bad between the legs back pass by mini-me

Caufield seems to still be adapting and manages to get scoring chances none the less. 

I do not want to see Romanov fighting, wish we had a less important player do that type of thing

I agree that the oldies goldies line seems to feed off each other, just need a bit of puck luck to score

not liking the lack of speed, but optimistic they can come back if they show more urgency 

Suzer 🚨