May 1, Senators @ Canadiens, 7PM EST

Trizzak

4 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

I turned off the game at 2-0 Ottawa.  Just check the score and now I need to go watch the end, wanna see Caufield’s first.

I rage quit on the 2-0 goal as well. Turned it back on after the petry goal.

3 minutes ago, Habsfan said:

It was a beauty!

If one has terrible vision, it was even more beautiful. I thought Petry put the puck between his own legs prior to the pass at first glance. 

• Like 1

That game eliminated the Sens from the playoffs (might as well kill that suspense early), dropped Vancouver's Tragic # down to 8, and Calgary's Tragic # down to 6 (or less, depending on their game tonight.)

Just now, BCHabnut said:

I rage quit on the 2-0 goal as well. Turned it back on after the petry goal.

But... But how?

My hypothesis is that after you rage quit:

1) You still followed along on HabsWorld

2) You followed along on NHL.com

3) You are in a fantasy league and saw the score

GOAL CAUFIELD

Nice comeback, happy with the result and all...but, geez:  if they have even HALF of the effort level they showed in the last 18min of that game from the beginning, it's not even close.

• Like 2

Well that as a great finish. Quite the night:

- back to back comeback wins. -Caufield scores his first and it’s an winner!!!!

-Petry looking like start of the season Petry.

-Canucks lose

just need the flames to lose to make it a perfect night

36 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Wouldn’t it be a perfect

time for Caufield’s first goal?

Nice call.

Another comeback, sweet.

Primeau needs rebound work or hopefully he was just a bit rusty.

Suzuki seems to of kicked it up a notch.

1 minute ago, DON said:

Nice call.

Another comeback, sweet.

Primeau needs rebound work or hopefully he was just a bit rusty.

Suzuki seems to of kicked it up a notch.

Seemed like start of season and playoff Suzuki! 

39 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Now, c'mon Oilers, make it a perfect night!

I almost want the Flames to win tonight because they are unlikely to catch the Habs so I'd rather see the Habs gain on the Oils.  If the Oils lose enough of their games its still possible for the Habs to finish 2nd in the div. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Huge win, has to be a great confidence booster for Caulfield to finally get one. Maybe the floodgates will open now.  Now, c'mon Oilers, make it a perfect night!

I don’t know that four games for a first NHL goal is all that long! 😀

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I almost want the Flames to win tonight because they are unlikely to catch the Habs so I'd rather see the Habs gain on the Oils.  If the Oils lose enough of their games its still possible for the Habs to finish 2nd in the div. 

2nd vs 3rd doesn’t really matter. I’d rather not have to worry about the Flames at all.

Well, the Jets could start winning again and over take the Oils leaving the Habs still in 4th facing the Leafs 1st rnd. I want the Habs to avoid playing the Leafs 1st rnd. 

• Like 1

Love it.

Some key guys - Suzuki and Petry especially - are rediscovering their games after long stale spells, and it’s great to see. It really feels like many of these guys are stepping up in the team’s hour of need.

One thing ّI notice is that Chiarot is pinching a lot more. Just a curious fact. Hasn’t led to anything but it’s an intriguing new twist.

Toffoli’s goal: SOOO many times, the Habs player will receive that pass and need an extra heartbeat to settle the puck down, then wind up and shoot, unsuccessfully. Toffoli is a REAL goal-scorer and doesn’t need any of that crap. One-timer, boom, in the net.

Caulfield really started to look like he was hitting another level in the third. He had that impressive play where he danced through the hash mark and spun to get a deadly shot off. I was delighted to see him out there in OT, and BAM! A goal to remember.

Happy for Primeau too. His rebound control is alarming but the kid was a gamer and made a lot of huge saves.

Only 2 points back from Winnipeg!! It will be so sweet if we can avoid the stinking g***amn Leafs in Round One.

24 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I’d rather have them eliminated. I don’t trust this team, and would rather save myself the stress when they lay an egg. Make sure we are in and than u than you have no need to rush Weber or other players into three lineup, because of a must win situation.

17 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Love it.

Some key guys - Suzuki and Petry especially - are rediscovering their games after long stale spells, and it’s great to see. It really feels like many of these guys are stepping up in the team’s hour of need.

One thing ّI notice is that Chiarot is pinching a lot more. Just a curious fact. Hasn’t led to anything but it’s an intriguing new twist.

Toffoli’s goal: SOOO many times, the Habs player will receive that pass and need an extra heartbeat to settle the puck down, then wind up and shoot, unsuccessfully. Toffoli is a REAL goal-scorer and doesn’t need any of that crap. One-timer, boom, in the net.

Caulfield really started to look like he was hitting another level in the third. He had that impressive play where he danced through the hash mark and spun to get a deadly shot off. I was delighted to see him out there in OT, and BAM! A goal to remember.

Happy for Primeau too. His rebound control is alarming but the kid was a gamer and made a lot of huge saves.

Only 2 points back from Winnipeg!! It will be so sweet if we can avoid the stinking g***amn Leafs in Round One.

Taffoli has been by far my favourite hab this year. Another example of how dumb Benning is in letting the wrong people go and giving idiotic NTC deals to useless players. 
Caufield kind of looked like a mini Shutt putting that in!  There have been soooooooo many times that a hab would have flubbed that pass and shot it into the goalie, it missed the net. 

Just now, dlbalr said:

I got to write about a win - I forgot what that felt like, it had been so long...

https://www.habsworld.net/2021/05/caufield-gives-the-habs-a-victory-over-ottawa/

What!?!? If I had known you were writing tonight I would have just written off this game, same as the dreaded blue sweaters! 😀

Never mind, off to read the story now ...

1 minute ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Caufield kind of looked like a mini Shutt putting that in!  There have been soooooooo many times that a hab would have flubbed that pass and shot it into the goalie, it missed the net. 

Caufield had a fair bit of net to shoot at, but he tucked the puck in the top corner, much less chance of making a save up there. Good hockey IQ on the kid.

35 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

2nd vs 3rd doesn’t really matter. I’d rather not have to worry about the Flames at all.

Agreed, catching the Oilers is a bit unrealistic. I just want to make sure the Habs are in the playoffs.

As has been mentioned, it's great to see Suzuki playing so well again. He is such an important piece for the Habs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Taffoli has been by far my favourite hab this year. Another example of how dumb Benning is in letting the wrong people go and giving idiotic NTC deals to useless players. 

The funny thing is the mistake the Nucks GM made that led to the Habs signing Toffoli is the same mistake MB made.  However, MB didnt do it as big.  i.e. both GMs had a lot of cap space in years where there wasn't a lot of UFAs to sign so they signed numerous of their guys to bigger and longer contracts then they really deserved.  The Nucks lost Toffoli because they couldnt afford him due to the over spending finally catching up to them several years into it.  The Habs are tight against the cap now due to Byron, Lehks, Drouin.  MB seems to give out NTC like they're candy. 

1 hour ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

But... But how?

My hypothesis is that after you rage quit:

1) You still followed along on HabsWorld

2) You followed along on NHL.com

3) You are in a fantasy league and saw the score

I was using data on my phone. Waste o data, I thought. Moments later.... not a waste of data.