No Koivu Afterall

JMMR

So Koivu was supposed to play tonight I guess not.

"Canadiens captain Saku Koivu showed up at this morning's skate but was sent home by coach Claude Julien because he was suffering from stomach flu. He will not return to the line-up for tonight's game against the Coyotes". - TSN

This is a real tough streak for the habs; hopefully their luck will change in the future.

Wasn't he having the whole stomach pain/flu back b4 he was diagnosed w/ the cancer? I'm praying it's not related.

GET WELL SOON SAKU!

Looking forward to Captain K and Mr Kovalev's return!

Yeah. I'm sure he's going to play all of 2 shift!

After all, we have to be carefull so he doesn't make mistakes...

Actually, he should play more respectable minutes if:

1- We are not behind in goals (we need veterans to take the pressure of scoring goals)

2-We lead by more than 2 goals (we need veterans to keep the lead)

3-We get less than 5 penalities (everybody know we don't put offensive minded players on the PK)

4-We get less than 5 power plays (a player must prove himself before coming to the power play... the rest of the opportunities are given to veterans who don't produce and need a boost)

So,

We might see Kosty a bit more when we lead teh coyotes 3-1 after 1 period and 1/2, IF the referees are sleeping